To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the TMs that just stick empty packages in a bin in guest services: You know I am here, right? Right?! I'm in the store! I'm calling to LOD every two hours for my parking patrols. You must know. I want my KTRs. If you can walk all the way to guest services, you can walk over to me. Heck, one guy is constantly calling me over the radio for his, and I don't mind it AT ALL! In fact, I appreciate a nice walk after standing up in the front of the store every so often. Especially if you're not going to bother putting an Empty Package sticker on it. Thanks for a bin full of empty packages with nothing to show for it. That is money lost in our store, and we can't even put a face to it for future reference. We even constantly bring the topic up...

What, they don't report them in the PDA?

To those who cut hours on the week of the 28th: Cosmetics endcaps reset that week and you can be certain I'm staying late to reset them if need be. Suck my ass.

TTOGSTL, I've mentioned it before but honestly at this point it's getting annoying. You're a GSTL not a Guest Service team member. And you're the one thats suppose to watch over the lanes while the other GSTL goes on his lunch. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU GO AND STAY AT GUEST SERVICE WHEN IT WASN'T EVEN BUSY. I NEEDED TO YOU (most of us needed you) TO OVERRIDE SOMETHING AND YOU DIDNT WANT TO COME AND DO IT SO I HAD TO CALL SOMEONE ELSE. YOU ARE NOT CUT OUT FOR THE JOB YOU'RE ALWAYS RUNNING AROUND LIKE A CHICKEN WITH IT'S HEAD CUT OFF. YOU'RE SO INCOMPETENT. PLEASE MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE IN THE STORE OR ASK TO ONLY BE A GUEST SERVICE TEAM MEMBER BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO LIKE IT OVER THERE.
/endrant

OH RIGHT

to the backroom TMs I love you for playing the good radio station in the backroom omg

Backstocking to Pitbull's Timber is awesome. I'm awkwardly dancing as I backstock. I love it. Please keep this radio station on instead of your personal iPods playing back there. I sing to myself if it's a good song that I know the lyrics to and that I'm allowed to sing.

By "allowed to sing" I mean if the song doesn't contain "nigga" in it. Most o your personal iPods contain rap which is boring since I can't say that word. Also it was kind of awkward listening to YG's song "My Nigga"

TTOTM:

whaaaaaaaat in the world has possessed you. your anger issues just keep escalating. tonight one of my favorite GSTLs told me she had to take a break before she threw you over the counter. I moved you to checklanes because I know you hate service desk and because I felt like it might mitigate some damage. you were still rude to guests, and at one point I came over to bring you change and you were so upset at the hordes of teenagers coming through that you repeatedly told me it was 'to that point,' and then grabbed me and bodily shook me to illustrate your point.

WTF, WTactualF.

the word 'seasonal' has never made me so happy.

OH RIGHT

to the backroom TMs I love you for playing the good radio station in the backroom omg

Backstocking to Pitbull's Timber is awesome. I'm awkwardly dancing as I backstock. I love it. Please keep this radio station on instead of your personal iPods playing back there. I sing to myself if it's a good song that I know the lyrics to and that I'm allowed to sing.

By "allowed to sing" I mean if the song doesn't contain "nigga" in it. Most o your personal iPods contain rap which is boring since I can't say that word. Also it was kind of awkward listening to YG's song "My Nigga"

I have a lot of old school rap on my play list so it was important that I don't sing along to NWA, ICE T and Body Count, or Public Enemy.

OH RIGHT

I have a lot of old school rap on my play list so it was important that I don't sing along to NWA, ICE T and Body Count, or Public Enemy.

I mean rap is good but I just can't sing along to it given the general racial stats of my store's backroom team.

7YZ8Gsq.gif

That GIF describes how I feel when one of two things happen.
1) When a guest is really nice and then starts talking about the damn security breach. WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY?!
2) I get them pumped to get a red card, they start to sign up and decide they don't want to anymore halfway through. (This has only happened twice but it hurts.)

to our STL:
before you set stanchions to control traffic at the front end and insist it will help traffic flow, maybe you should listen to us when we tell you how it just makes it worse, every single time you do it. you have no idea how the front end needs to be run and I wish you'd just leave it to those of us who do it every day and do it very well despite your 'help' every time you walk by.
YEAH I SAID IT. lol.

ttoetl, srtl and stl-. I cant say that I was surprised that you guys stayed in the backroom all day "detrashing" things to put on endcaps. While you were back there...you ran down the front end team, talked about guests, team members and even managed to talk negative about the town our store is in. All of you , but one has children...I honestly hope and pray that when your children get old enough to enter the workforce that someone out there doesn't make them feel the way you make others feel. You want others to run and tattle if anything negative is spoken about the stores leadership....but its ok for you to run the rest of us down? Yet, you wonder why people keep calling the hotline......

Last edited:
1) When a guest is really nice and then starts talking about the damn security breach. WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY?!
2) I get them pumped to get a red card, they start to sign up and decide they don't want to anymore halfway through. (This has only happened twice but it hurts.)

oh my god I hate when they still talk about the breach.

suck my ass it was last year it's over oh my god please stop bringing it up. "I only pay with cash at Target" okay yeah good for you you special little snowflake do you only pay with cash at about 50000000000000 other stores

Alrighty and now for my rant about today:

To the STL: Why in god's name do you think resetting a front endcap of cosmetics, which just so happens to be RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DOORS TO THE STORE is a good idea to do today? jesus christ what world do you live in

To the guest service TM: Drop the fucking attitude. This is a consistent problem and the GSTLs and GSAs know you have an attitude. So drop it.

To the ETL-GE: Please get better soon.

To the GSA and ETL-AP: Nice idea to do that thing where you make all the guests line up and you direct them to registers. Smart idea.

To ETL-HR: The pizza you ordered today was awesome.

To the AP TM who muttered "Crying wolf, see if I come back when you call": Um you apparently took 15 minutes to guest service after they called for you. The situation was over how about you move faster.

To everyone who helped out in electronics tonight: You guys are awesome.

To that one SrTL: Thank you for understanding why I didn't come close to completing my zone.

suck my ass it was last year it's over oh my god please stop bringing it up. "I only pay with cash at Target" okay yeah good for you you special little snowflake do you only pay with cash at about 50000000000000 other stores

Any reputable company has fraud protection. Grow up you technophobic babies. I really hope more retailers start doing away with checks for the same reason...but I'm getting a tad off topic so:

TTOTM: I should be mad at you because covering for you made me miss my last break but damnit it's not your fault. You're too sweet.

You could ask if they shop at Staples.

http://fortune.com/2014/12/19/staples-cards-affected-breach/

Any reputable company has fraud protection. Grow up you technophobic babies. I really hope more retailers start doing away with checks for the same reason...but I'm getting a tad off topic so:

TTOTM: I should be mad at you because covering for you made me miss my last break but damnit it's not your fault. You're too sweet.
Funny how much of a risk you take when writing a check, giving whoever you write the check to your account and routing number, name, and address. But because the guest read "in an article" that unauthorized purchases made with debit cards are the cardholder's responsibility, they still use checks...and these people don't realize that us sticking the check into the reader means the computer is storing all of that information, including their drivers license number. But oh no, because cards that carry zero liability for fraud got hacked, all of a sudden everyone needs to freak out.

To that one seasonal TM working hardlines with me today: If there were one person that I specifically did not want to work with on the last Saturday night before Christmas, it's you.

At first I was lenient, because you claim this to be your first retail job. Okay. But now, I can clearly see that you completely lack a work ethic, and don't work well in a team. Great. Also, why do you even grab equipment? You keep your PDA in your 3-tier with the reshop, but you don't actually use it to see where the reshop goes. You grab a walkie, but you clip it to your cart and ignore everything being said on it. I've never seen you answer a phone call, nor have I seen you answer backup calls at the front lanes. I'd say I've never heard you say anything on it, but that wouldn't exactly be true, because you make no hesitation to tell the LOD when you're taking your breaks!

There's a reason each of us were given 2 sections of hardlines to look after, and yet I was the one that other team members were complaining to when I didn't drop everything I was doing, jog past the nonfunctional phone near me, allll the way to one of your phones, just to answer your call. For you. While you stared at me.

"It's your job to answer his calls when he's busy" bitch he's not busy he just doesn't listen to the walkie jfc

No Staples near my store, but Home Depot in our parking lot, often Home Depot carts in our store. Not sure if it's a dumb cart attendant or guests bringing them into the store though.

Newbie salesfloor TMs trying to get newbie BR TMs to get items... omg what a clusterfuck.

And to that one seasonal salesfloor TM who's been here like.... a month.... I hear you enjoy starting drama. You have apparently told everyone with ears that I "gave you a nasty look." Honey, I'm backroom. I don't do drama. If I wanted that, I would work in softlines. ;)

TTOTM: We're 6 deep & lines getting longer, while you're down front with no one at your register. Start calling people over ffs! I smiled on the inside when I saw you had been moved to a register right in the thick of things.

To whoever made the lovely front end schedule: 2 GSTMs scheduled for the whole day... on the busiest shopping day before Christmas. Only 3 cashiers until noon, busiest shopping day before Christmas. Are you fucking kidding me?? There was quite honestly a line for GS at least 13 guests deep at one point, stretched all the way across to the very last register. Didn't we just hire a bunch of people the other week?

Eh, you don't really want a bunch of TM's that just got hired working at the service desk. I'd rather work it all day by myself than have others process shit wrong and make a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back