To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. Cannot? Sure you can. There's an "Other" option for a reason.

Now, I agree that the store has the right to refuse to match other sites, but if your store chooses to match, lets say, KMart, I don't see that that's a huge issue.
it was some weird site called edeals i think,but kmart and staples and places like that i am okay with. but this guest was a piece of work as soon as she came up to the electronics counter she wanted a manager. the item wasn't on the self and she didnt want to wait, then she brought up the price match. if she had been respectful from the start then there would have been a slim chance for that match. if your going to be a b then your not going to get your way with me.

Now, I agree that the store has the right to refuse to match other sites, but if your store chooses to match, lets say, KMart, I don't see that that's a huge issue.
it was some weird site called edeals i think,but kmart and staples and places like that i am okay with. but this guest was a piece of work as soon as she came up to the electronics counter she wanted a manager. the item wasn't on the self and she didnt want to wait, then she brought up the price match. if she had been respectful from the start then there would have been a slim chance for that match. if your going to be a b then your not going to get your way with me.

I wouldn't match some random site, I just meant that "we CANNOT price match online sites beside target, walmart,bestbuy. toys r us,and amazon." seems a bit more black and white than I'd personally go. I tend to have the stance that the Other option is there for me to use my own discretion.

I don't think I can think of a single site I'd match other than those you listed, except for the sites for brick and mortar stores. ie. I'd match KMart, Meijers, Staples, etc. I would not match newegg. Newegg is a legit site, but the fact they don't have all the overhead that brick and mortar stores do would make some of their prices too low for us to match and retain profitability.

I wouldn't match some random site, I just meant that "we CANNOT price match online sites beside target, walmart,bestbuy. toys r us,and amazon." seems a bit more black and white than I'd personally go. I tend to have the stance that the Other option is there for me to use my own discretion.

I don't think I can think of a single site I'd match other than those you listed, except for the sites for brick and mortar stores. ie. I'd match KMart, Meijers, Staples, etc. I would not match newegg. Newegg is a legit site, but the fact they don't have all the overhead that brick and mortar stores do would make some of their prices too low for us to match and retain profitability.
i guess your store is more reasonable than mine. mine is very militant about price matching, they fight me on target.com tpcs. so that does put me in a spot when more lenient stores send guests to us, and are expecting a price match. i really wish my store had your's logic.

oh my god i did not intend to start this drama.

the discount didn't work anyway because we ended up having to use a different card instead of the redcard, which i didn't feel like mentioning in my silly post because my family's finances are our own private fucking business, i only mentioned it because my mom insisted she wanted to try it.

It's a forum. There's not drama. There's discussion.

I think that the *other* option is for print ads. For example, if the Kroger in your area has a true price matchable item, then you'd select other. It's not for online price matching at anyone's discretion.

Umm...that "other" says "other print ads." So, no, you shouldn't be matching other .coms, nor is there technically a button for it.

To that etl, stopp ignoring my time off/availability requests or I'm done here. I wouldn't even be mad if the requests were just denied and you gave me a reason. But they're all being auto-denied. And 3 of the 4 shifts are short shifts. I just need a fricking break before I lose it.

To that TM and SrTL who helped me that day when I was in so much pain, you're the real mvp! My rx took longer to kick in than usual. The pain (cramps) wasn't bad when I got to work, but it was gradually getting worse. The srtl (lod at the time) got me those warming pain stick on things. I was about to ask her if I could leave haha and she offered. A fitting room tm offered to switch places so I stayed in there and it wasn't too busy as far as reshop. The phones were nuts, though! Wait, she hates answering the phones, maybe it wasn't so selfless after all lol... either way, it worked out in the end and I'm grateful. I expressed that all to the people involved, but I thought it share-worthy.

TTOCA: Dude, I know you don't like being put on cashier shifts but at least make a little effort ffs!! When we're getting lines at the back registers & I'm pointing out to guests that you're open, that's not good. Part of your job is to direct guests to your open register, not play on your phone

Ttoetl, thanks for canceling the backup call to jump on. I wasn't even called, but still, thought it was cool that you did that. Didn't think you had it in ya.

Somewhere on here I mentioned that my etls seem to feel like they're all too good for the register, but today, I discovered that I was wrong about one of them (ge). Actually now that I think about it, he helps sbux often, too. My etls as a whole aren't the worst or anything, but standing around calling for backup constantly when we don't have people and there's more than one of them "watching the lanes" just bothers me.

To that one team member: You were a huge help to me in market, and I really appreciated it.

To that one STL: Thank you for leaving me alone and actually letting me work in my scheduled workcenter. Perhaps one day you'll understand the connection between allowing us to work in our areas (instead of moving us all over the place the entire time) and things actually getting done.

To that one new ETL: I hope that when you finally know how things work in the store, you'll still be as nice and respectful as you are now. I also hope you'll reinstate best practice in your area and bring it back to what it once was.

To the morning/afternoon front end TMs: y'all are my favorites to work with cause ya get stuff done, no b.s. added

TTOTM: thanks for stopping to call for a DPCI last night when we were busy up front. You were busy yourself & needed to get back to the floor but stopped anyways when I asked if you could radio electronics :)

TTLOD - I would have walked out / quit if you hadn't come in to close the second that I walked away from my workcenter. I am only staying at our store because I have a lot of faith that you will help fix my area with the new year. Cannot wait to work with you this week and am hopeful that we can figure out a plan.

TTOTL: When you are here, you are the first person any LOD calls to do PVC, back up at guest service, projects, help back room pull CAFs, et cetera. I can't believe they're letting you go because they say you're not getting your TL stuff done on time. How can you when you're constantly being pulled away from your work center? I hope you find a place where management won't use and abuse you. You deserve better.

TTOTM: I've been working with you for about two months now. You know goddamn well who I am. Quit calling me "what's-your-name" or I'm going to start wearing my name tag on my forehead.

To our ETL-GE. I know last night was a rough night, but that doesn't excuse your bitchy attitude and chewing out our one minor TM.

Yes, we were there until 11:30 last night and in all reality, should have been there even later as we still had an unsorted cart of softlines reshop, and I remember hardlines being behind as well. But when we only have two cashiers (and one after 9 or so), and the entire sales floor had to back up the lanes at multiple occasions, don't you think we should have some more people scheduled the week right after Christmas?

That's not even counting our cart attendant who called off, so instead of doing the fitting room, I spent a portion of my shift up front doing carts. And when the only other person we had in softlines was covering Guest Services so defectives could get done not to mention the two hours they spent cashiering. Of course softlines is going to look trashed when it's not manned by anybody.

Your comment at the end last night, made me smirk admittedly. With tonight as bad as it was, you mentioned you wouldn't be surprised if you were fired tomorrow. One could only hope. A few people at my store believe we have an ETL-GE curse where, once they get the position, they leave within the year. We're hoping the curse is real.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot. When you asked me a couple of times what went wrong, what was the point of me answering? I've confronted you a couple times in the past few weeks, and nothing changes. So when you don't listen, why should I feel the need to explain myself?

I know you are all buddy buddy with the new team lead but don't you tattle on me and get me spoken to by him about my frustrations about him!

tto etl, srtl, etl/hr, stl. So, here it is the last week of the month and even though we have been making sales by leaps and bounds you guys are cutting hours ( you say there is no payroll but we all know its because you want that bonus). You even managed to cut hours throughout Dec,. You would think that you would at least have the common sense not to brag about it in front of people. Comments like, Oh yea we are going to make payroll no matter what...or well we will just cut more...its not an issue ...and my favorite was the srtl who bragged about taking away one all of one team members hours for the week...except for 8. My advice to you....If you have to cut hours to actually make payroll that's fine. However, keep your mouths shut. Its bad enough that some people are struggling without you gloating about it . To the stl, You are so immature...bragging about getting people in trouble and wanting to fire people, Grow up !!..... . Karma doesn't wear a watch...she will come for you in her own time

Last edited:
To Most of the Team Members: Thanks for making sure merch protect is nice and tidy; all the spider wraps are wound up and neatly placed into their respective places. NOT! I spent an entire shift untangling spider wraps and putting everything back. Assholes. It doesn't take long to wind up a spider wrap. I don't care if you want to just stuff them into baskets, but wind them up for the love of fricken' GOD! But to the one team member that helped me actually finish, THANK YOU. There were three carts full of cases and spider wraps, and then a whole basket of tangled spider wraps that took FOREVER to get out of knots. Do you people need to go back to kindergarten, or did your parents forget to teach you to clean up after yourself? My store needs some serious team work...

And to my TL- Thank you for giving me 14-15 (give or take) hours every week for the next three weeks. I appreciate barely having a reason to even come into work. While I understand the reasons for the senior TPS to have more hours than me, but the trainee, too? COME ON. At this point, I'll need a second job. Oh, wait - it feels like I have one, but all scrunched up into a whole four hour shift.

I highly doubt your TL makes your schedule or determines how many hours you get.

Huh, I always see her working on my schedule. Regardless, I hate whoever does it atm.

To those lazy flow TM's that leave early everytime a double truck shows up but stay late when there's only one truck.

Huh, I always see her working on my schedule. Regardless, I hate whoever does it atm.
If your store's anything like mine, there are a whole lot of cooks messing with the broth that is the schedule. Whatever your TL might've put down could have been tinkered with by an ETL or the STL.

To POG/Price: How do you miss a sidecap full of floss and toothbrushes in grocery and leave a bunch of stuff for instocks to find out half it it belongs back in HBA and the other half has been salvage for who knows how long? Then again seeing as the checklanes have been pretty much untied for over a month now, I should not be surprised.

To Instocks: We need to step our game up and find this shit sooner. I know I dropped the ball in taking this long to check that thing. Also whoever flexed Moulin Rouge in the children's DVDs? Arrrrrgh.

To that one ETL: "Huh, that's funny" is hardly an appropriate reaction to learning two of the store's teams suck at their job.

To that one TL: Yaaaay we're saving so much payroll because unload is going so quickly! Now how about you compare that to how much payroll's spent having people stay to finish most trucks. Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back