To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
We recently hired a new tm who seemed pretty happy with the job, and she was having a conversation two days ago with a long-time veteran tm who is one of our main trainers.
Trainer: So its pretty easy to stick around at our store, just do your work, stay off your cell phone, and call if you cannot come in, don't NCNS

Today...
Me: You know, that new TM NCNSed last night
Trainer: Really? The one thing I told her she should NOT do.
Me: Well, I guess it's your fault that we lost another new person.

Smh. We just can't keep em.

Technically a GSA cannot coach you they are not a supervisor (Target terms) but I would ask someone you trust there opinion. Are you spending too much time with your conversations? Not getting other task done. One thing I got to give my GSTL is he walks and talks (literally checks up on tms while he is still working and getting things done).

You may give the appearance you are not working. Talk to someome you trust and ask them.

One of the first things I tell cashiers when I pull them aside is "Hey, I'm not the person who means your in trouble. This is just a check-up to make sure you understand what is expected."

But as far as conversations go, as long as you are still getting things done in an efficient manner, it shouldn't matter who you talk to. You could always defend yourself by saying that you've noticed a lack of communication between team members and want to help lead by example by showing good communication skills in action. Fill in with some target-like terminology, and it's iron clad.

Isn't that what literally everybody does?
True (technically doing it now) but they hired her off the street and she is only 18 with no experience, she is very 2 faced and is always worried about her job because she knows she does a shitty job. And just generally gets on my nerves sometimes :oops:

TTO seasonal tm: If a guest happens to hand you a gallon of milk they found in a shopping cart, NO I do not think you should put it back on the shelf. I thought you were joking. And then you asked me "well, what am I supposed to do with it?" Umm, how bout give it to a market tm to QMOS or w/e you folks call it or take it to the service desk to be charged out? Smh.

I had a credit card machine go down during mid transaction. So i suspend and take it to our express lane. I look up and you are in my lane with items on the belt. No light on because I didn't expect to be there. I had to walk over to the other register and sign off so I could check you out. While in mid scan, I found out your using a team member discount. o_O That's worse than a regular guest.

TTOTM: I have a pissed off look on my face, I'm swearing under my breath nearly nonstop and I am doing my damn best to try and ignore you and everyone else around me. Thanks for noticing that I am not having a very good day. Maybe next time back off and leave me alone, okay?

To whatever TM did this: What. The. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. You.

To that one vendor: Sorry that somebody decided to fill the storage trailer and block any kind of path to your product. Again. I'm as pissed off about this as you are, believe me.

To whatever TM did this: What. The. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. You.
Well, at least it's not outside...

But wow, that had to have taken a long time. First to get it up there...then realize the pallet is going to hang halfway off the side...then bring it back down, find two more pallets, stagger them, and throw the whole contraption back up.

Well, at least it's not outside...

But wow, that had to have taken a long time. First to get it up there...then realize the pallet is going to hang halfway off the side...then bring it back down, find two more pallets, stagger them, and throw the whole contraption back up.
What I think actually happened is that the bottom two pallets were already there and they just stuck the bale on top because of Reasons. Maybe the spaces to the sides were full at the time? People at this store don't always like taking down empty pallets out of the steel so they just throw a fresh PIPO on top and call it good.

Tricky

Is it really internal theft if they buy it later?

If you snitch and its traced back to you. Even with Targets retaliation policy. Proving it is tough.

They can. We have lost tms for marking down mdse for themselves and an ETL for having high demand (no guest holds) mdse in her office.
Lost my price change TL and the starbucks TL for doing it at my store as well

to whomever that can make this happent :
Can we get a new roof ?
I am tired to catch myself from slipping on the floor ...
I am tired to have guests telling me that there is a puddle here ,or water fell on them...
and I am tired to move racks , empty aisles because it is raining inside the store ...
I had to defect a whole table in Infant because it was soaked ...
today we had 41 plastic tubs / garbage cans around the store ( and in the backroom too ...) and all time high record for us ...

TTO seasonal TM: I'm kinda sad that you were not kept on, because you tried and you seemed interested in learning the Spot way of doing things. However, leadership had a specific issue with you that you were given the opportunity to fix. Unfortunately, you chose not to. Lesson learned, I guess.

TTOTM:

Stop being a lazy fuck by parking directly next to the entrance. The reason the other TM parks there is because he's 80 years old! Get your lazy ass to the back of the lot with the rest of us.

ttotm- Every time is snows, sleets etc. You always run down those tms who don't make it in. You always say well I am from up North and you guys ( down here in the south) don't know how to deal with it . To start with, who asked you ? Do you think tms need your commentary on their not being able to make it in? Did we ( residents of the south) say we were experts in snow and ice driving ? I don't care if you were born in an igloo in the middle of a blizzard. Just hush! If you don't like how we deal or don't for that matter...with snow and ice here in the south then get on I 95 and carry your hiney back up north!

Last edited:
TTOTM:

Stop being a lazy fuck by parking directly next to the entrance. The reason the other TM parks there is because he's 80 years old! Get your lazy ass to the back of the lot with the rest of us.

While I agree an older TM deserves preference I def dont park in the back of the lot. Not going to get a late on my record for the 3 minute walk from where my STL parks. Also not walking in the dark to my car. Screw that noise.

While I agree an older TM deserves preference I def dont park in the back of the lot. Not going to get a late on my record for the 3 minute walk from where my STL parks. Also not walking in the dark to my car. Screw that noise.
Back of the lot isn't really what I meant. It's past a specific designated area, about 12 spaces from the front. And these are all early AM TMs, so it's super obvious when someone isn't parking where they're supposed to.

What difference does it make, if you're walking for your entire shift anyway? Does parking right up front really save you any stress? As if walking wasn't good for you anyway.

What difference does it make, if you're walking for your entire shift anyway? Does parking right up front really save you any stress? As if walking wasn't good for you anyway.

Well being HR I clearly dont walk for my entire shift. Yes it helps me get out quicker, safer and I dont have to dodge crazy drivers hyper competitive over a parking spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back