To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the team lead that did not even welcome our secret shopper last week after she walked past you several times, shame on you. GREAT WAY TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NOT!

Are they using ETL's from other districts or ???? I am pretty sure that they did not hire an outside company to do this.

An ETL's best friend.

hahahahahahaha that's reliable.

Some guy came in the other day and asked me extensive, super geeky questions about coffee pairings. I did not hesitate one moment with my replies. I rattled off answers like I was doing some sort of training video. I was hoping that it was some sort of test from either Target or Starbucks. It was weird as heck.

To That One Vendor:
I know it's nice out, but it is too much to ask for you to NOT wear flip flops to work? Or at least not walk into our backroom with them?

To That Other Vendor:
Just because I said we're not expecting any more deliveries today doesn't mean that nobody will need to go anywhere near the docks. Don't get all pissy when the Coke and Pepsi vendors arrive and need to get their pallets out. If you need such a big space to set up that display, just fucking do it outside.

To That One TM:
Holy shit please wear deodorant or talk to your doctor if you need something stronger. Don't make me be that guy who has to go to HR over someone's personal hygiene issues.

To That One TM:
Can you chew with your mouth closed? No? Well can you at least not sit directly across from me when you do it?

To That One TM:
Holy shit please wear deodorant or talk to your doctor if you need something stronger. Don't make me be that guy who has to go to HR over someone's personal hygiene issues.
Many yrs ago when I was working at Family Dollar our manager (loved that woman!) actually bought soap and deodorant for the asst manager. Woman had a serious BO problem.

This was a few months ago but

To that STL: I saw someone who looked pretty much like you working as an usher for a basketball arena. No, it can't be. :)

To That One TM:

We have someone on a final for this. It's bad when the guest complain...

We have someone on a final for this. It's bad when the guest complain...
The TM is pretty well liked and one of the most global TMs in the store, so I can't be the only one who's noticed. I don't want him to get in trouble or anything, I just want someone to try to address it in a sensitive way without embarrassment.

The TM is pretty well liked and one of the most global TMs in the store, so I can't be the only one who's noticed. I don't want him to get in trouble or anything, I just want someone to try to address it in a sensitive way without embarrassment.

We had the TL closest to the tm talk to them. The best way to do it is to ask about situation. Is the tm between homes? Unable to afford deoderant? Unaware. Like you imply it's a little more complex then simply stinking on purpose.

TTOTM: All I asked was if you were going to purchase the sound bar by your feet as you were standing at the ATM since I didn't want to take it if you were. You bit my head off, and you're so lucky my ETL was there or I would've reciprocated with so much passive aggressive sarcasm. By the way, she was the one who pointed it out.

To our Corporate visitors who were supposed to visit our store today, thanks for not showing up a lot of TM's worked their butts off to get ready for it THANKS!

We had that happen like six times. After the third time I said "fuck it" I do my job not going out of my way for them. Respect is two sided, respect that the store is going the extra mile to prepare for you to visit the least you could do is actually visit once out six scheduled visits.

Though I don't think the APBP likes me to much when he got told the truth of what our Cosmetics coverage is.. On the schedule only..

Ttotm: I'm trying to help you become better and not ask for a GSA every other guest by teaching you how to do things. I've been here for two months and you came 2 weeks after me but I know 5 times more than you. When I offer to teacher don't say oh no you can just do it. Lastly, don't flirt with every guest that's is under 20 and actually do your job so we don't have to call for backup. :)

TT2TMs (to those 2 Team Members) : Thank you for stepping in/up to lead the Team when it's my weekend off ! I appreciate that you look at the workload/and other opportunities, and then... develop a plan to execute it ! I appreciate that you communicate the plan to the rest of the Team. I appreciate the fact that you communicate the plan to the LOD as well !! I appreciate that you take on additional responsibility to make sure service/tasks/follow-thru get accomplished !!! You guys are AWESOME !!! So fortunate to have you on my Team !!! :D

To whoever sees our orders for soda/Icee cups:

Stop laughing. No, seriously. We actually need those cups. No, we don't need them 2 months from now, we need them with our next shipment. That's why we order them. Cups. Not whatever the heck it is you do when our order comes in. Cups. We. Need. Cups.

To whoever sees our orders for soda/Icee cups:

Stop laughing. No, seriously. We actually need those cups. No, we don't need them 2 months from now, we need them with our next shipment. That's why we order them. Cups. Not whatever the heck it is you do when our order comes in. Cups. We. Need. Cups.
Sounds like us and garbage bags...I don't know who does the ordering or if the DC is out of them (or wherever they come from) but it's been a week and the ones we are using are small and tear if you breathe on them.

TTOTM: Do you always work that slow? I mean, it's an Express lane, it's supposed to be quick. Not to mention that you wander over to the desk when you should be out greeting guests and zoning your lane/endcap/coolers. Also have seen you playing on your phone a bunch.

Just because it's not busy, doesn't mean you can hide behind you register and do whatever you want.

TL;DR There's a cashier that will openly not do her job and it's pissing me off, more importantly because the GSTLs and GSAs do nothing about it, they feed it or let her do it.

I feel like a bit of a hypocrite saying this, especially after I've yearned to lean away from cashiering and openly posted about it, but this girl cashier I've worked with for maybe a year has gone overboard on the whole thing. I had my last 15 to go on and I made it clear "I can go on whenever anyone can cover, it's fine." but someone came to cover regardless so it must of not of been THAT busy, but this girl came over to cover my break, and she's all "im here to cover your break!" and I was putting bags onto the SCO machine, and I said "okay, lemme just apply these bags here" and one of them got stuck together and she kind of freaked out, snatched them from me, and told me "I'll do it... I have a 15 to go on too, you know." and I kind of chuckled and said "oooooooooooookay" and as I was leaving she says "god I hate fucking cashiering" and I assume she was still trying to talk to me even though I had left SCO, but I didn't respond.

I come back from my 15, and I kind of don't really want to talk to her, so I immediately go to print out my speed ID, hoping her pissy mood will make her notice I'm back and she walks away. She comes back over to me, asks if I'm back, and I turn around and say "oh ya!" and she kind of just looks at me, sighs really hard, and says "okay" and walks away. She went to chit chat and stand around with the closing GSA before going on her 15... which was extended an extra 10 minutes lol.

I've noticed this particularly with this cashier, she seems to really enjoy not doing her job. She will do anything to do anything but cashier, she will get caught trying to zone the block right outside of our checklanes, trying to lie her way to getting onto a SCO("Oh, GSTL said you had to get off onto a lane and I'll cover you!) and I see every single cashier confirm it with the GSTL and they're always confused, but put them on a lane anyways. Every time I work with her she's always lollygagging out of her lane, standing around the GSTLs and GSAs and talk to them, and basically stand around. And when I mean she leaves her lane, I mean she literally turns her light off and leaves to go and stand around and talk or beg to do Guest Service.

Why the GSAs and GSTLs just let her do that, I have no idea, unless she's sucking their dicks in exchange for this time off the lanes, but one of the GSTLs literally has had enough of her. I have to try and be fair with her, because she's always talking about her life problems openly, loudly, and very indiscriminately to our GSTLs and GSAs, and you know, maybe she can't help it. But, if she really hates her life that much on the job she was hired to do, she'd be better off just quitting and finding something different. When there's a backup and she's standing around or zoning, she will have to get asked by multiple cashiers to hop on and help... yeah, it's that bad. Cashiers shouldn't be the ones issuing orders, but when it's that desperate, what do you do? The GSA won't do anything because they're probably busting balls to each other. Only one GSTL can stand up to her shit, probably because she's a lady with 4 kids, and she(the cashier) can't flirt and get personal with her.

In the end, I have one question, am I being too harsh on this matter?

Ok target stop giving me market shifts. I would rather have no hours than work market

Same, I'd rather not fight guests for the aisle. Especially at my store, the aisles are so thin. One u-boat takes up a good 1/3 of it.

TTOTM: So you want to "move up" in the company and you have "goals". yet this is the 2nd Saturday in a row you've called in. And I know you do it because of poor planning, not because you are actually in a bind/sick/caring for your kid/etc. Last week you bragged that you went boating! Why they continue to schedule you on Saturday's I can't figure out, but when we are bare bones on shifts and people aren't getting scheduled...and we don't have enough people for a Saturday night, it's really shitty to call in just cause you can't plan in advance to have "fun" on your off-days.

In the end, I have one question, am I being too harsh on this matter?
Personally, I don't think so. But to be fair, GSAs really can't do anything about cashiers that act like that. They can only really document that that is happening. We had a cashier like that at my store, but for some reason she was the darling of the GSTLs and was often put at the service desk/covered their breaks and dealt with issues with photo lab. Eventually she was termed (? -- I think, she would buy and return a lot of stuff for cash). Grin and bear it, I think.

TTOTM: I don't care if you get 5+ redcards per shift. It doesn't make it okay for you to do your shopping/returns/exchanges on the clock, nor does it make it okay for you to call out. It irritates me. You barely work five hours each day. You have the time after you clock out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back