To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOETL: I don't know how you think two stacks of pallets, neither of them past waist height are "taking up so much space" and need to go on the sweep ASAP. Especially when repacks are out of control and almost literally blocking access to the baler. Or plastic is overflowing because nobody can figure out how to start a new bag. Or there's bales in the steel that I'll have both clear a path to and find somebody's keys to borrow.

But hey, you do you and your weird priorities.

To the Food Team: Why the fuck did one of you leave four cases of perishable product sitting by my desk from Saturday's truck. Why. Some of them were busted open, for crying out loud. That's disgusting.

TToTL

i was very very pleasantly surprised when you mentioned that you think i would be a good team lead and why havent i gone for it yet

i actually am trying to go for it but as of rn im considered too "spicy" (see: i challenge authority too much) to be one, but they said i have potential otherwise

youre a pretty strict and super hard working tl that actually kinda intimidates me so it actually means a lot and gave me hope that one day i can become a tl!

(i wouldnt challenge authority if they didnt make stupid choices tho)

Absolutely nothing wrong with challenging authority. It's about how you go about it.
damn you got me there, im very bad at challenging them in a professional/productive way

them: kaitii can you do this stationary go backs?
me with a list of other shit i need to do: no??? i have???? all this *motions with my arms frantically at my department* crap to do already???

apparently im supposed to be nice and be like "im srry i have a task list given to me by my tl when i finish i would be happy to help u"

My favorite response is either "Okay" or "I'll see what I can do" and maybe I do it, maybe I don't, maybe somebody follows up or maybe they don't (usually they don't). So far it's worked well enough. Then again I'm in a dead end receiving and not looking to move up, just be left alone.

ok but what if they literally have the cart of stationary and hand it to you

do i just... say any of those things and push it to the boat/somewhere in stationary cos i still feel like "i'll see what i can do" -shoves it somewhere- wont go over too well

do i just... say any of those things and push it to the boat/somewhere in stationary cos i still feel like "i'll see what i can do" -shoves it somewhere- wont go over too well

You can simply say. Hey I didn't get to such and such it's on this aisle though.

My question is usually, "What priority level is this? Because I have these five things (dis, dat, and another) that are priority one. Then I have this huge list of priority three, four and five things.
Where does this fit on the list so I know exactly where I should fit it in."
I try to keep it a touch less snarky but you get the drift.
It is their job to set the priorities and not to countermand other peoples (or their own) instructions.

You could just trick someone else into doing it.

"I can do anything you would like me to do. I cannot do everything you would like me to do. Where would you like me to start?"

I always tell ETLs what my TL left me. Then I ask them to list everything by level of importance because I don't think I can get it all done. This usually does the trick.

TTOTM

Just because you work 48 hours this week and have stayed late doesn't overshadow your attitude towards other team members. You may benefit from a larger paycheck but that can only go so far.

TTOTM:

Jesus fucking christ stop backstocking casepacks in front of other casepacks!! Every aisle has a god damn ladder and shelves do exist beyond the first few sections...so use them!! Your laziness bothers me so much, but not nearly as much as the fact that nobody seems to care if you take forever to pull and backstock. If you had been a backroom TM you would have been kicked the fuck over to flow and never touched a PDA again.

TTOTM:

Jesus fucking christ stop backstocking casepacks in front of other casepacks!! Every aisle has a god damn ladder and shelves do exist beyond the first few sections...so use them!! Your laziness bothers me so much, but not nearly as much as the fact that nobody seems to care if you take forever to pull and backstock. If you had been a backroom TM you would have been kicked the fuck over to flow and never touched a PDA again.

My store would get them out.

TTOTLs: When leadership asks me or another tm to help out another workcenter for a few hours or w/e, we have to listen to them. They are in charge. Its not always thrilling for us to be shunted back and forth, but it is what it is. Don't blame us, blame the LODs who tell us where to go and what to do.

TTOLOD: Wow. Yeah I get that during the last half hour of the night everyone is rushing to get stuff done and a guest that needs more than a "What you want is over there" can seriously destroy any hope of getting stuff done, but come on. When I call your store looking for an item for a very sweet guest and you pick up the phone, telling me that clearance is such a mess that you are unable to even go look for said item is probably not the best answer when it comes to guest relations.

Hey corporate password people fix the fucking system. Every goddamn time that I have to reset my password it gives me the same error. I am not fucking calling CSC they are useless.

Edit: called CSC. STILL not fucking working.

Last edited:
Hey corporate password people fix the fucking system. Every goddamn time that I have to reset my password it gives me the same error. I am not fucking calling CSC they are useless.

Are you getting this on one computer or multiple ones? Because every now and the receiving computer tells me I need to reset early and nothing happens. Reboot the computer though and it acts like nothing happened, can still use the old password.

TTOTM: I am assuming you are a team member because I find it hard to believe that a guest would have roughly 45 clothes items from XS to XL and would neatly put only the XS together with the existing XS and so on. But for future reference Art Class does not go in RTW clearance.

There is a fix to this. You need to control alt delete. Task and end the process for iexplorer. You should be able to login no problem

@oath2order @Circle9 are you talking about when you go to log in to Workbench and it tells you that it's the incorrect password, and then locks you out after a few tries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back