To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one team member: Please don't try the gift card loophole to use your team member discount without paying cash or with a Red Card. I understand you don't want to carry lots of cash when shopping, but suspending your transaction, buying a gift card with another credit/debit card to cover the balance of your other transaction, and using the gift card to pay for your transaction is against Target policy and it shocks me that you do that regularly when shopping at your own Target store. I am really surprised if it's true that your store "encourages" you to use this practice when shopping and I wonder if the AP at your store is looking into this.

To that one team member: Please don't try the gift card loophole to use your team member discount without paying cash or with a Red Card. I understand you don't want to carry lots of cash when shopping, but suspending your transaction, buying a gift card with another credit/debit card to cover the balance of your other transaction, and using the gift card to pay for your transaction is against Target policy and it shocks me that you do that regularly when shopping at your own Target store. I am really surprised if it's true that your store "encourages" you to use this practice when shopping and I wonder if the AP at your store is looking into this.

If AP allows this they ned to be fired and replaced. That's in direct violation of policy. Any time AP catches a TM doing this it's an immediate term.

I don't know about policy one way or the other, but what benefit is going on that would make it a fraud/AP issue? If the gift card were bought first and then used there wouldn't be an issue. If the gift card had been bought last week, there wouldn't be an issue. Using a gift card for payment offers no discount that would be greater than using cash. What drawback is there to Target by getting a gift card for the exact amount rather than guessing in advance?

woah woah woah hol up...this is something I did not know. Apparently GS doesn't either because I specifically asked them if my TM discount would work if I bought a gift card (my RedCard got lost and I'm ordering a new one). I usually check out at the SCO, load money on the gift card first and then pay for the rest with it. I never thought about it because 1) I'd never been told it wasn't allowed and 2) if they don't want people doing it then why do they allow these transactions to happen? It would be trivially easy for corporate to flip a switch that turns off this loophole any time.

woah woah woah hol up...this is something I did not know. Apparently GS doesn't either because I specifically asked them if my TM discount would work if I bought a gift card (my RedCard got lost and I'm ordering a new one). I usually check out at the SCO, load money on the gift card first and then pay for the rest with it. I never thought about it because 1) I'd never been told it wasn't allowed and 2) if they don't want people doing it then why do they allow these transactions to happen? It would be trivially easy for corporate to flip a switch that turns off this loophole any time.

It’s explicitly against the team member discount policy. GiftCard is an acceptable form of payment with the discount, but it is not okay to load a GiftCard with a third party payment method with the intent to apply your discount.

That was very clearly covered in my orientation. Also, when we have our annual gift card sale, our TLs remind us of that policy.

And I have had coworkers termed for violation. Two that I know of for certain.

TToETL AP and GE

ya'll rock

i love getting things like this, especially in the mail

hopefully the other etls notice the extra effort im putting in trying to become a tl

bihhFbb.jpg

TTOGSTL: Please understand that the entire future of the company is not riding on that one SPU order that missed goal because the cart was locked due to a Move bug. I've already talked to you about it and told you what CSC said the solution was, it's not necessary to shame me on channel 1 because you forgot about the situation in the five minutes between when I advised you of it and when the missed goal alert dropped in.

TTONewTL: Please get out of my face and stop telling me to do things I already know that I have to do. I know you're new and you may not know this, but I'm a self-starter and your anxiety and antsy demeanor is beginning to rub off on me.

Last edited:
To that one team member: When checking out your order, why didn't you tell me that you are a team member and that you wished to apply the 10% discount? Telling me after the transaction is done is useless and I had no recourse for applying the discount besides directing you to guest services. You didn't even let me scan your Cartwheel and I had no idea that you worked for Target since you never mentioned that while I was ringing up your items.

TTOFATM: A GSA came & got me out of the freezer where I was shelving a tub's worth of pastries because there was no one at the front counter & there was a line of guests.
After filling their orders I went hunting for you & found you in the dry goods alcove texting on your phone.
You seemed hurt after I bawled you out but it was better than filing an incident report for stuffing your phone someplace it was not meant to go.

To that one team member in charge of designing entertainment pogs: stop using short labels. There's zero reason to do so for DVDs. Also, figure out how to design the focal cause this new atom set makes no sense considering there's an entire extra row of shelving that physically can't exist on the gondola.

TTOGSA. Please don't hit me up the moment I walk in the door to tell me how to fix something when you could have done it yourself. Really, all you had to do was turn the darn thing off. You wasted more time telling me how to do it.

TTOSTL: Whenever my travels have taken me past your store, it's been roughly noon and I've never seen anything really wrong. The other day it was evening, world of difference. You seriously need to take care of your team better. Whenever I look to see who has an item out of stock at my store, no one wants to go to your store and now I can see why.

The zone looked like a tornado hitting a series of outhouses. Stuff everywhere, shelves empty. I can see why. There were more Target Mobile people working than I saw in grocery, hardlines or softlines. Heck, there were an equal number of Target Mobile people working than I saw in hardlines, softlines and grocery combined. With people assignments like that, how do you expect people to keep up?

RTW clearance was beyond my worst nightmare and your FRO was there trying to sort reshop and clearly unable to stem the bloodflow of guests messing up clearance. Btw, why did your FRO have to stop her work and walk to electronics with the phone? Is there no phone support system for getting other departments to pick up? Waste of time and lack of management.

Plus a great sale that had expired days before still had signs everywhere advertising it. Not one or two signs, every single aisle of the associated area, sometimes multiple signs per aisle. Why did no one have the resources to take down those signs?

Half the people I saw were beyond apathetic, they still appeared to be working hard, but it was like they had emotionally given up because just like your FRO there was too much to do with far too little time resources and management support. The half not acting like they were auditioning for zombies were great and a joy to interact with, so you have good people. You just need to take care of them better. You need to take care of them a lot better and fight to get them what they need to do their job.

Edit: I just saw the expiration date for the pizza crust I bought. STL, you seriously need to give your team the tools to succeed. Food that expired January 8th should not be on the shelves in early April.

Last edited:
Food that expired January 8th should not be on the shelves in early April.

Uff da. I'm not one who puts much truck in expiration dates, but for something like a pizza crust that can go rancid or moldy or something...yeah. That's a long time.

To that HR TL : don’t be an ass when I requested a Saturday off , I haven’t had a Saturday off in month and you acted like I killed your family by requesting to be off on that day !
I guess you had to switch around a few people to work on that day , you felt like I had inconvenienced you so instead of an 8 hr shift the rest of the week , i only get 5 to 6 ... guess I can play that game and leave at my scheduled time ..let’s see who will pack those orders ....

Uff da. I'm not one who puts much truck in expiration dates, but for something like a pizza crust that can go rancid or moldy or something...yeah. That's a long time.

"Use by" means it goes bad. "Best by" or no language means it just loses texture or flavor but won't hurt you.

TTOTL: I've trained you and most of the Logistics team. I have heard of others not liking you. I shrugged it off. Then I find out that team members transferred departments and eventually quit because of you and lack of support. You let that title get to your head. Refuse to listen, except maybe one or two people. You blatantly lied straight to my face. You told someone who I trained not to listen to me or seek advice. Now, when you asked me to do something for you and I asked why, you tell me to shut up. I am global, I know how most of the departments are run. Never have I ever felt so disrespected and I felt like pulling a Cartman. I am easy to work and communicate with. I had to keep it professional and respectful. You are not qualified for your spot. I just can't deal with you anymore.

"A leader leads by example, not by force." - Sun Tzu

Last edited:
"Use by" means it goes bad. "Best by" or no language means it just loses texture or flavor but won't hurt you.
Actually, you can still eat something after a “use by” date too. The use by date is the last date the manufacturer guarantees the “peak quality.” I believe the only food they recommend you NOT consume after this date is infant formula or meat.

Actually, you can still eat something after a “use by” date too. The use by date is the last date the manufacturer guarantees the “peak quality.” I believe the only food they recommend you NOT consume after this date is infant formula or meat.

True, but most people would just go by the date printed whether it's "best by" or "use by". And even with "use by", I wouldn't eat it after 3 months (except candy/chocolates... noodles maybe... anything else, I would think no)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back