To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised she wasn't sent to the floor to zone. On those exceedingly rare occasions when we have more cashiers than needed, they get sent out to zone.

That's usually the case at my store too, but the GSTL was no where to be found. So no one to tell said cashier to go do some work,

I was going to write something very nasty but have decided to take the high road.

There is a huge personality problem at my store.
Lots of slackers, negative and outright hateful people.
My store upper leadership seems to love them. Speaking of which, there’s a lot of terrible TLs as well.

It just baffles me as to how badly a store can screw up. Just about everything is dysfunctional and there’s a toxic, unhealthy atmosphere everyday.

It can’t ever be a good sign when I avoid and despise over 80% of the people I work with.

You need to find a new job, dude. Corporate bullshit happens everywhere, but as long as you like the people you work with (and for), you can generally get through it together. When you hate nearly everyone you work with, then it's really time to go.

Its time for THOSE people to go. Guess what? Chances are you will deal with the same garbage people at a new job. Just do your job, ignore them and try calling the hotline regards the upper leadership.

TTOTM: no, I am not a Target TM, but yes, I AM allowed in the back room to bring out garbage back. Since all of the pharmacy is behind our gates, we have no other option. You keep asking if you can “help me” and I keep telling you I’m just bringing the pharmacy garbage back. Then you ask if I’m “allowed” back there and I tell you “yes,” and you can ask “STL *name*” if you have any concerns.” This has been going on AT LEAST 6 months, so fucking ASK STL *name* for the love of god!

I was going to write something very nasty but have decided to take the high road.

There is a huge personality problem at my store.
Lots of slackers, negative and outright hateful people.
My store upper leadership seems to love them. Speaking of which, there’s a lot of terrible TLs as well.

It just baffles me as to how badly a store can screw up. Just about everything is dysfunctional and there’s a toxic, unhealthy atmosphere everyday.

It can’t ever be a good sign when I avoid and despise over 80% of the people I work with.
That sounds just like my store.

To that one team member: Please don't try the gift card loophole to use your team member discount without paying cash or with a Red Card. I understand you don't want to carry lots of cash when shopping, but suspending your transaction, buying a gift card with another credit/debit card to cover the balance of your other transaction, and using the gift card to pay for your transaction is against Target policy and it shocks me that you do that regularly when shopping at your own Target store. I am really surprised if it's true that your store "encourages" you to use this practice when shopping and I wonder if the AP at your store is looking into this.
I posted about this incident in another thread, but this situation happened again. However, my GSTL didn't back me up and let the team member use this loophole. I have to really wonder if this was because the GSTL seemed to be really close to the team member in question. The team member was very rude to me when I flipped my light to ask the GSTL if this was allowed, and she accused me of trying to cheat her out of her discount. I try and ignore rude guests in general, but I am going to talk to AP/call the hotline and let them know about this because I am sure that it is against the discount policy, not to mention that I want to protect myself in case this falls on me.

TTOTM: Either you've gone crazy or I've gone crazy, because to me it looked like everything waiting at the fitting room for me already hung up were hung backwards. Every item, except for one pair of sweatpants.

TTOTM: Either you've gone crazy or I've gone crazy, because to me it looked like everything waiting at the fitting room for me already hung up were hung backwards. Every item, except for one pair of sweatpants.

pardon the dumb question but how can clothes be hung backwards? aren't shirts and pants mostly symmetrical? o_O

pardon the dumb question but how can clothes be hung backwards? aren't shirts and pants mostly symmetrical? o_O

@Jenna120 is referring to the direction of the hanger. The hanger should look like a question-mark (?).... that's how you know it's the "front of the hanger". Ideally..... the front of the clothing would correspond. Otherwise, it would be backwards.

I feel like I should use the sarcasm font for the following comment.... but I can't:

I know it sounds so simple to "hang clothes" ..... duh, right? But you have approximately 12-15 different types of hangers/attachments for different apparel in different departments. If merchandise is on the wrong hanger....... it creates total chaos amongst the Team. It's our version of rocket-science. ;)

@Jenna120 is referring to the direction of the hanger. The hanger should look like a question-mark (?).... that's how you know it's the "front of the hanger". Ideally..... the front of the clothing would correspond. Otherwise, it would be backwards.

I feel like I should use the sarcasm font for the following comment.... but I can't:

I know it sounds so simple to "hang clothes" ..... duh, right? But you have approximately 12-15 different types of hangers/attachments for different apparel in different departments. If merchandise is on the wrong hanger....... it creates total chaos amongst the Team. It's our version of rocket-science. ;)

EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE NOW. This must be what it feels like to get a diploma on graduation day.

Okay, nobody ever taught me this when we had to start hanging reshop at GS. Because I'm no longer a GS regular, it was in place for about 2 weeks before I dealt with it for the fi And I don't pay attention to the direction of the hook at home or when taking clothes off the hanger at cash. So I'm probably one of the ones hanging stuff backwards. I also don't know what is hung and what is folded on a table.

In other words, don't bitch about GS making it harder on you until after you've taken time to educate EACH of us working the desk on what you want. This was dumped on us with inadequate instruction (as always) and has in fact been revised at least three times at my store, again with inadequate instruction.

Last edited:
In other words, don't bitch about GS making it harder on you until after you've taken time to educate EACH of us working the desk on what you want. This was dumped on us with inadequate instruction (as always) and has in fact been revised at least three times at my store, again with inadequate instruction.

Woah, what bit you in the ass? I never said a word about GS.

......In other words, don't bitch about GS making it harder on you until after you've taken time to educate EACH of us working the desk on what you want. This was dumped on us with inadequate instruction (as always) and has in fact been revised at least three times at my store, again with inadequate instruction.

Woah, what bit you in the ass? I never said a word about GS.

And...... I was just trying to "make light" of a situation we ALL go thru at the Fitting Room. Don't get your panties in a wad, Goody. Or do. Either way, you won't have to hang them.

Don't get your panties in a wad, Goody. Or do. Either way, you won't have to hang them.

YRQiZa0.jpg

I try and ignore rude guests in general, but I am going to talk to AP/call the hotline and let them know about this because I am sure that it is against the discount policy, not to mention that I want to protect myself in case this falls on me.
Talk to AP first; hotline is ONLY after you've gone thru the chain of command at your store.
If AP's efforts are thwarted, they can either reach out to their district liaison or BP.
Main thing is to notify them & put this TM (& GSTL buddy) on their radar.
Since they seem to be besties, I wouldn't discuss it with them any more.

Talk to AP first; hotline is ONLY after you've gone thru the chain of command at your store.
If AP's efforts are thwarted, they can either reach out to their district liaison or BP.
Main thing is to notify them & put this TM (& GSTL buddy) on their radar.
Since they seem to be besties, I wouldn't discuss it with them any more.
The hotline is meant to be anonymous though. If you go through the chain of command, nothing gets done, and then your STL suddenly gets a call from the DTL about the very same issue you brought up, they're going to know it was you who called.

To that New Mobile/Tech Team 'Lead'

I get it, there's 3 of you there (????why tho???) And showing a new one around but you guys don't need 2 sets of keys !! We only have 3 keys and there all signed out, I have one, the opener has one, and you have one.

The other two don't need keys, you can share. I'm doing counts on the games, I need them more. The LoD thought it was suspicious

TTOTM: stop breaking all the rules please. Stop hiding shit that you want to buy later. Stop trash talking TLs in the chat. Stop taking extra long "15" minute breaks. Stop using your discount for your boyfriend. You're one of the few people in our department who's actually really good at your job and gives a shit about doing it well. If you get fired I'm gonna be really bummed.

TTOTM: could you stop being so whiny and argumentative? I'm not your mother. Don't argue with me about which zones you're in or whether you need to come get reshop or when you're going to take your lunch or when it's your turn at the fitting room. You're making things harder for yourself and for the rest of us. Just grow up and do what you're supposed to do.

Ttoetl: I know you changed my schedule and removed my shifts. I know you did it to other tms who dont take your crap. I also know the games you are playing with your picks of the litter. I also know two faced backstabbers like you never last long. I wont be sewing you this fourth quarter.

To that Mobile TM

I still don't like you

Why are you picking up phone calls, you heard me say I got that call and you still did it anyways. Then you ask me If I made commission :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back