To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one ETL...
Everyone's tense and you're pissed that some people get to leave before you. I get it. But taking it out on those TMs who get/have to leave because they weren't asked to take a lunch for a shift that was scheduled to be 5.5 hours is not the way to change things! If anything, I'm going to be less willing to stay late because I don't get paid enough to deal with asses like you after hours.

To that one ETL: you severely endangered my safety the other day, and I haven't forgotten about it. We all see through your self-righteous BS and we all know you only care about your career. I could've concussed myself again, and you would have been at fault.

To that one ETL: you severely endangered my safety the other day, and I haven't forgotten about it. We all see through your self-righteous BS and we all know you only care about your career. I could've concussed myself again, and you would have been at fault.

So who's the safety captain and what would they have to say about the situation?

To the GSA....you seriously coached me for confirming with you that I was taking my lunch and not my break when I was confused because I had just been told not a half hour earlier that I would be training the new person when she got out on the floor after reading the manual? We mix up those words all the time, so confirming with you was a problem? I'm sorry, you aren't perfect...none of us are. Stop trying to convince me that you never forget about our breaks...because you forgot about mine the night before until less than a half hour before I was supposed to leave. Clearly I understand you are in charge and have been doing it this way for a while. And I'm fine with that. But being forced to miss breaks by an hour or more because I'm not allowed to ask you is getting old.

But then I realized that the next person coming on was the person you wanted me to train (after you "took away" the first one assigned to me) because she is your sister, and you were in a panic about that. Well, relax. I do my job professionally as a trainer and talk you all up about how great and helpful you all are and how they are so lucky for the great management, etc. So you thought me questioning you was going to tie in what I say to you to a trainee? If that's the case, you're paranoid.

If that isn't the case, letting us know what you have in mind for our breaks and lunches isn't giving up control. In fact, it's empowering us to help you when things get busy. So everyone else doesn't get backed up when you've forgotten/gotten distracted. In fact, that's exactly what all the other GSTLs/GSAs do...and they haven't given up control of anything. But don't worry...I'll never ask for breaks, change or anything else that is somehow perceived as a threat to you.

And what explains a lot is I'm not the only one who feels this way. Another girl went to ask you for her paycheck last night and was relieved when the other GSA came over to do it, because she is convinced you hate her (her words)....probably because she gets the same crap and attitude from you that I do.

To the GSA....you seriously coached me for confirming with you that I was taking my lunch and not my break when I was confused because I had just been told not a half hour earlier that I would be training the new person when she got out on the floor after reading the manual? We mix up those words all the time, so confirming with you was a problem? I'm sorry, you aren't perfect...none of us are. Stop trying to convince me that you never forget about our breaks...because you forgot about mine the night before until less than a half hour before I was supposed to leave. Clearly I understand you are in charge and have been doing it this way for a while. And I'm fine with that. But being forced to miss breaks by an hour or more because I'm not allowed to ask you is getting old.

But then I realized that the next person coming on was the person you wanted me to train (after you "took away" the first one assigned to me) because she is your sister, and you were in a panic about that. Well, relax. I do my job professionally as a trainer and talk you all up about how great and helpful you all are and how they are so lucky for the great management, etc. So you thought me questioning you was going to tie in what I say to you to a trainee? If that's the case, you're paranoid.

If that isn't the case, letting us know what you have in mind for our breaks and lunches isn't giving up control. In fact, it's empowering us to help you when things get busy. So everyone else doesn't get backed up when you've forgotten/gotten distracted. In fact, that's exactly what all the other GSTLs/GSAs do...and they haven't given up control of anything. But don't worry...I'll never ask for breaks, change or anything else that is somehow perceived as a threat to you.

And what explains a lot is I'm not the only one who feels this way. Another girl went to ask you for her paycheck last night and was relieved when the other GSA came over to do it, because she is convinced you hate her (her words)....probably because she gets the same crap and attitude from you that I do.

To that one GSA...
Remember that you are a GSA, and not a Team Lead. Quit letting the fact that your Leader lets you cover for them go to your head. (probably been covered before)

To that one GSA...
Remember that you are a GSA, and not a Team Lead. Quit letting the fact that your Leader lets you cover for them go to your head. (probably been covered before)

A place for everyone & everyone in their place.

To that one GSA...

I don't think it goes to her head so much as she's afraid that she won't be perceived as the leader if we are allowed to have some say in what she does (by asking for things like change, breaks, guest assistance). And all any of us want is to be able to do our job, and help her out as well. When I have to apologize when I ask for change, well, what can you do...I try to keep the peace. But it gets old. And with the holidays, I seriously don't think we have time for this.

Dear TMs at other stores in the area, could you please take less than five minutes to get me to a department after the first time you out me on hold? It may not seem like much to you, but five minutes is an eternity to me and the guest I am trying to help. Worse, it's difficult for me to help other guests in line (though I can do it) and physically impossible for me to answer our phone when it starts to ring.

I know guests in the store come first. But they are already in a Spot store....just not yours.

To the flow team at my store ( 90% of it ) ,You suck ! You are a bunch of lazy morons !
To that particular tm who volunteered to come early to bowl ,why is that by 6 am ,not one box from a pallet has bern bowled ? And you don't even take the pallets to the floor !

You are my favorite GSTL. I wish we worked together more often. So you were off training a new Spot person for a different store for GSTL, and me being at GS with a walkie, a PDA, and the company of a bunch of strays, I was able to take over watching the lanes. You didn't ask me to, but I did. And we both knew that a) I can do it and b) you're fine with it.

So, I went off on my break after you had the trainee settled in reading the cashier training manual. I told the trainee he was in great hands with you and the other GSTL. So he asked who I was. I introduced myself and explained that it didn't matter, I'm just a cashier and GS. He told me that he could tell that I knew what I was doing.

Apparently, while you two were off stage and I started doing what needed to be done, the trainee asked you if I was a GSTL when he overheard me on the walkie. You said, no, "that's just RG. She just knows what she's doing and is just watching the lanes and keeping things under control."

Thank you. I needed that today.

Last edited:
Dear TMs at other stores in the area, could you please take less than five minutes to get me to a department after the first time you out me on hold? It may not seem like much to you, but five minutes is an eternity to me and the guest I am trying to help. Worse, it's difficult for me to help other guests in line (though I can do it) and physically impossible for me to answer our phone when it starts to ring.

I know guests in the store come first. But they are already in a Spot store....just not yours.

And again today. I called once, asked for HL furniture. You put me on hold for nearly 5 minutes before I got hung up on. So I called back. Again, you put me on hold for 5 minutes and then I got hung up on AGAIN! I never even spoke to anyone in hard lines! The guest could have been at your store faster than it took her to determine that you weren't going to actually help us over the phone and decided to just drive over there herself. I nearly called you back to let you know how unhelpful you were being, but knew it wasn't my place.

My system said you only had one left. I really hope you did. And if you didn't I really hope she complained to someone about your failure to be of any use over the phone.

oh my gosh another SL tm and I brought this up in the huddle today. There is a more than 2 minute time lapse (I timed it once while training a newbie) between the time we put somebody on hold and the time it comes back to us...so please sales floor have the same sense of urgency as answering call buttons because they are still our guests. My other point was that if I put a call for you it means I have done all I can for them at the fitting room and it really needs to be answered by your dept. I also don't do an overhead until half way through the second time they've been put on hold....that means more than likely we are talking 5 minutes already on the phone....not good customer service.

And again today. I called once, asked for HL furniture. You put me on hold for nearly 5 minutes before I got hung up on. So I called back. Again, you put me on hold for 5 minutes and then I got hung up on AGAIN! I never even spoke to anyone in hard lines! The guest could have been at your store faster than it took her to determine that you weren't going to actually help us over the phone and decided to just drive over there herself. I nearly called you back to let you know how unhelpful you were being, but knew it wasn't my place.

My system said you only had one left. I really hope you did. And if you didn't I really hope she complained to someone about your failure to be of any use over the phone.
Only 1 is the display, usually. Hit the book upper side of item search, then instocks, for last delivery of item to your store.

Thanks. I was actually using the locate merchant function on my register. Out store said we only had one in, and she had it sitting in her cart...it was a wardrobe...I don't think those were necessarily displayed. Regardless, in 10 minutes I couldn't get a TM to answer the phone at another store.

to the ETL who asked over the walkie, "Whose going to service our guests?", honey I am not a hooker...I will not be servicing anyone...and I had the hardest time not actually laughing into the walkie.

Ooh...wrong thread, but fits right in here.

TM: how late are you here?
Me: I'm here until close, but I go over to guest service at x time.
Old, male guest in scooter: (looks at me): good, then you can service me now.

Umm.

Last edited:
I ALWAYS hated calling other stores because I'd ALWAYS get stuck with the SFTM who DIDN'T know how to park a call & would ALWAYS hang up on me. D:

Thanks. I was actually using the locate merchant function on my register. Out store said we only had one in, and she had it sitting in her cart...it was a wardrobe...I don't think those were necessarily displayed. Regardless, in 10 minutes I couldn't get a TM to answer the phone at another store.

My rule is less than 2 units, call first. No response from Salesfloor at the order store, means its zero. Bad service/no service at that store. Offer target.com withered card = no shipping, & a rain heck to the guest. That's what I do.

Last edited:
They shouldn't have had to even park it yet because they didn't even have a chance to talk to me! I also dislike when I get put back on hold immediately without some sort of update (even if it's just I haven't forgotten about you). I always just say a couple of words to reassure the person I know they exist and haven't been forgotten about. Apparently this is rare in this district.

My rule is less than 2 units, call first. No response from Salesfloor at the order store, means its zero. Bad service/no service at that store. Offer target.com withered card = no shipping, & a rain heck to the guest. That's what I do.

A lot of the stuff we call around on isn't even on sale. So no need to do rain check....Just want to send the guest in the right direction. But it's hard for me to vibe on my end if they won't vibe me on their end!

Sometime the operator will ask Salesfloor the question & get a fast answer. If I am working & not near a phone, that is what I do. The operator that I will answer the question quickly. Depending on the item, I will bring it to her station. Then, she laughs & tells the guest I have it for you, in the fitting room across from register 7. Come by & get it. Some guests love that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back