To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To my two future trainees:

I haven't even met you yet, but.... please don't suck. Please please please. Please don't be like my last ones, who have almost broken the stacker, who can never remember closing procedures, who take 45 minutes to pull market and paper alone, who stand around staring at their PDA like it's going to give them an epiphany, who never backstock the freezer, who can't organize pulls, who can't seem to understand the concept of fill-groups, and who completely ignored everything I reminded them about, no matter how many times I did it. They are gone now, but their memory remains (and we are still finding their errors!)

You do not need to be perfect. You just need to listen to me and your TL, MOVE YOUR ASS, and be able to read. That's it. Thanks.

To the seasonal team member, now my partner in crime

Congratulations on your promotion to sales floor team lead! You did a great job over the Christmas season and that is why your my "my needs recognition" last month. I hope your training at whatever store they send you to goes well. I glad to finially have another team lead on my side of the store.

To the seasonal team member who was let go after flapping your jaw to everyone about them keeping you.

I hope that shows you that we all have flaws. Some of us more than others. Sorry they did not keep you, but you really were not as good, as you thought.

To that one ETL from another store: we were there today as volunteers to work with the kids...so you and your buddy wandered off to go chat with everyone else, leaving the kids up to figure it out on their own? That's just mean! You are totally one of those "do nothing" ETLs I keep reading about on here, aren't you. I'm so glad I am not at your store.

To that one ETL from another store: we were there today as volunteers to work with the kids...so you and your buddy wandered off to go chat with everyone else, leaving the kids up to figure it out on their own? That's just mean! You are totally one of those "do nothing" ETLs I keep reading about on here, aren't you. I'm so glad I am not at your store.

Free shirt for you.

Free shirt for you.

Yep! I'll take another shirt for work!

Funny thing...one of our TMs didn't show...apparently hadn't been planning to show for a couple of days. The HRTM grumbled and said something to the effect of, "I'll be expecting his shirt back." Really?

To my HR: Thank you for calling to offer me a shift when I could actually answer my phone. Between you and the swap book, I've more than doubled my hours for the week.

Way to go! Mr k!

I'm clopening in hardlines, so I'll try to knock out some of the re-shop for you. Then pricing and instocks won't be complaining to you about having to do your team's work.

to 3 of the 4 sl closers....OMG!!! you all are inept. 2 of you have been here long enough to know that 3 depts a night is the norm and that you are expected to zone AND reshop in the same shift. Getting through maybe 1-1 1/2 depts and NO reshop done is absolutely ridiculous.Telling the TL that you helped fold men's when your area looks like a bomb went off a)doesn't help you and b) was a big old fib since I AM the one who folded those tables. To the one newbie....light a fire under your butt or your "permanent" status won't be long.

to that 4th one....you rock!! All of the time.

to my STL, your a badass dude, im glad we have someone like you leading the store, half of the ETLs there have there head up their a**. your the only executive that will work with us and along with us, and not B*tch about it

Free shirt for you.

Used to get the free Target Volunteer shirts and polos. They were nice until a guest would ask if you were volunteering to work at Target for free. We would then explain that we got them for volunteering at event around town and they would go "oh." Only person that would do that was our now US senator who thank for your service to our community. Very personal guy still stops and talks to me every time he back in town.

to those idiots (for lack of an internet appropriate word) who decided to eat ALL of the wings AND pizza that was specifically ordered for the closers tonight....YOU SUCK!! There was maybe 4/5 of you who did it...I truly hope they come down on you for it.

to the one softlines team member....you are probably one of the ones who did the above AND you spent 3/4 of your time somewhere other than your areas.

oh, and to all of the food avenue tm's....please learn how to put the top on the soda machines...I still have a headache and probably a bruise on my cheek from it falling on my head tonight.

To that one ETL: if you are going to get pissy with me every time I call out you have a phone call (we all know it's your wife), then tell her to stop calling you five times a day! Seriously...she called you three times within a three hour period yesterday, and finally stopped calling when I got to tell her you were gone for the day. Every single time she calls, she manages to do so when I am with a guest. I do not have time to be your secretary, answer the phone and take messages (that I stopped passing on because they are always "tell him his wife called" which just makes you even pissier with me). Perhaps if your wife is too unable to to without you for so long, you should carry a special cell phone so you can deal with her and let the rest of us do what we are actually paid to do: help guests and run the service desk.

Credit where credits due.
This morning every single one of the ETLs who weren't closing showed up (because there are no hours and it was a huge truck) early in the morning and made like flow team grunts.
Sure it's something that should happen more often but it's cool that it happens at all.

Commie, clearly your ETLs sucked up all of the ETL energy in the universe today...because this is how my day went:

Guest comes up to guest services, telling me that the last time she was in, she didn't get her $5 gift card (she had called in about this...apparently the cashier left it on the counter, and the guest couldn't be arsed to pick it up). Anyway, it was in the safe. So, I called the LOD to come up to the service desk. Nothing (no answer). I called again. Nothing. The third time I called, the other ETL called over the walkie for the GSA to come assist me. Uhh...I know when to call for the GSA and when to call for the LOD, thank you very much. So the GSA comes over, I explain I need the LOD, so she tells me to call the LOD. I finally get the ETL to respond, and she tells me to flip to a different channel so she can help me over the walkie. *sigh* I explain I need her to get something out of the safe for a guest. I didn't even mention what it was, at this point. She says she will be up....

A couple of minutes pass by, the guest is getting irritated, and wants to know if anyone is coming up to assist her. I call for the ETL about three times. No answer. I grab the GSA who goes off to find the LOD/ETL. Apparently, after she told me she would come up, they both turned off their walkies so they wouldn't have to hear me calling for them! The GSA ended up giving the guest a $5 gift card and applying a non-existent Target coupon to it. She was ticked, I was ticked...and we were both thankful that it wasn't anything more, because more than likely, the guest would still be waiting for someone to assist us.

It was the poorest excuse for guest service I have ever seen in the store, and it came from the people in charge. Had that been a TL or TM, I would have been in the ETL-GE's office the next time he was in to let him know about that...but being the ETLs, well...I guess it's okay. Good f-ing grief.

Ok...I get both of our GSTLs are on vacation...but there has got to be someone in the store available to approve our time off requests! Just ignoring this stuff for a week or two is not helpful. I had one day off auto-denied because no one approved it on time...I would appreciate it if that didn't happen a second time!

Ok...I get both of our GSTLs are on vacation...but there has got to be someone in the store available to approve our time off requests! Just ignoring this stuff for a week or two is not helpful. I had one day off auto-denied because no one approved it on time...I would appreciate it if that didn't happen a second time!

Go to your etl hr to fix it. If you did early enough, it should be approved.

Commie, clearly your ETLs sucked up all of the ETL energy in the universe today...because this is how my day went:

Guest comes up to guest services, telling me that the last time she was in, she didn't get her $5 gift card (she had called in about this...apparently the cashier left it on the counter, and the guest couldn't be arsed to pick it up). Anyway, it was in the safe. So, I called the LOD to come up to the service desk. Nothing (no answer). I called again. Nothing. The third time I called, the other ETL called over the walkie for the GSA to come assist me. Uhh...I know when to call for the GSA and when to call for the LOD, thank you very much. So the GSA comes over, I explain I need the LOD, so she tells me to call the LOD. I finally get the ETL to respond, and she tells me to flip to a different channel so she can help me over the walkie. *sigh* I explain I need her to get something out of the safe for a guest. I didn't even mention what it was, at this point. She says she will be up....

A couple of minutes pass by, the guest is getting irritated, and wants to know if anyone is coming up to assist her. I call for the ETL about three times. No answer. I grab the GSA who goes off to find the LOD/ETL. Apparently, after she told me she would come up, they both turned off their walkies so they wouldn't have to hear me calling for them! The GSA ended up giving the guest a $5 gift card and applying a non-existent Target coupon to it. She was ticked, I was ticked...and we were both thankful that it wasn't anything more, because more than likely, the guest would still be waiting for someone to assist us.

It was the poorest excuse for guest service I have ever seen in the store, and it came from the people in charge. Had that been a TL or TM, I would have been in the ETL-GE's office the next time he was in to let him know about that...but being the ETLs, well...I guess it's okay. Good f-ing grief.

The GSA should use comp card for 3 or 5 dollars.

The GSA should use comp card for 3 or 5 dollars.

At that point, we were so ticked off with our ETLs, we just did that. We actually do way more non-existent Target coupons at our store than we should, but none of this would have been an issue if the ETLs were willing to do their damn jobs.

Go to your etl hr to fix it. If you did early enough, it should be approved.

The last one, by the time the system auto-denied it on a Wednesday, by the time I discovered it, the schedule had been posted. For this one...well, my ETL-HR is not overly useful. This is the same genius who, not bothering to do my GSA interview last week, came in today asking me if the ETL-GE had done it, and why he hadn't. I told her that he said that he was checking with her and it was on her list of things to do. Believe me, she seems to spend more time trying to get out of doing anything than she actually does anything, most days. I think I can hold out until our SrGSTL gets back for this one. But I'm wondering how many other people have put in requests that are being ignored.

Heck...we have a guest services person scheduled against her availability next week (class), with no one to cover it, and they just told her to put it up on the swap board to see if someone will take it. Now that the holidays are over, some people's brains have seem to have gone into hibernation.

Can we use "Store Coupon" for issues like this? Sure. Should we? No, especially if the giftcard is in the safe. That gift card is tied to the original transaction.

Ugh, that frustrates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back