To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
The announcement you wish you could make:
"Attention Target guests (Guests?! who the h*ll are we kidding): The time is XXX so get your sh*t to the front & get the h*ll out of Dodge already! SOME of us wanna get home so MOVE your A$$!"

If only Jeff Dunham's Walter could do the closing announcements. :D

^This!

Also, to the salesfloor TMs who leave their regular backstock in with Plano's backstock, learn to read the big yellow sign that we put up telling you that only REGULAR backstock goes there! -_-

Not so much annoying as funny - How many ETL's do you think it takes to put a bike together out of the box? I learned the answer yesterday. It takes 4, apparently. One to sit and put everything together, and 3 to stand around to watch and "learn" how it's done, plus the regular TM who I guess was "training" them. At least our STL stood there and watched, even put one together too. It was amusing to watch them cycle laps around our backroom to "test" them out. :wacko:

To the ETL-SL, you must have ran track in HS/College, because I swear you make a lap around the store every 10 mins, because that's how often we see you in the backroom!

And to the ETL-AP. It's great that you decided to put together bikes this morning/afternoon because our regular bike guy is going on vacation, but did you really have to build TWENTY-ONE of them today!?! It's not like we have room for them all, plus you taking a lap or two around the backroom every 15 mins while we're pulling CAFs and scooting around with the WAVE really did help us get things done faster. Plus that giant pond of cardboard and plastic you left us in front of the whole chemicals backstock area was great too. We definitely didnt have anything else to do today. :good: /sarcasm

To the PTL; nice to know you are moving on to greener pastures.
They pretty much pushed you out the door right after me.
Kind of sad that you didn't stand up for me while they did that but oh well.

to the salesfloor team members and pfresh assistants despite having pda's more often than me in electronics, why do you always bring the guest past the item theyre are looking for to find me to help them. when you simply just type it in on the pda and tell them. I only have toys, electronics, patio and garden, sporting goods, mini-seasonal and books to help with and zone.

to the one hardlines member who never tells when my breaks or lunch is, because you hate covering my 30 in electronics. When you are still zoning past close I never come to help thats why.

The announcement you wish you could make:
"Attention Target guests (Guests?! who the h*ll are we kidding): The time is XXX so get your sh*t to the front & get the h*ll out of Dodge already! SOME of us wanna get home so MOVE your A$$!"

I always say that if I ever leave do not let me make the closing announcements! It would probably be something along the lines of the above:spiteful:

When I first donated to United Way, I donated four dollars. A couple of hours later I was at a lane getting ready to purchase to my lunch. That's when I realized that those four dollars were my last. I had to put my stuff away and I starved.

It was a 12 hour shift :cray:

Doesn't your store have the free fruit, and peanut butter & jelly, and fresh bread, and the lovely free water bottles in the break room?

Health & Wellness = Free Lunch :p

Hahaha I'd love to see the day. All our store puts in the break room is junk food and pop. And for some reason gummy snacks lately. The only time we have anything healthy is when PFresh has an overabundance of ripe bananas.

When I first donated to United Way, I donated four dollars. A couple of hours later I was at a lane getting ready to purchase to my lunch. That's when I realized that those four dollars were my last. I had to put my stuff away and I starved.

It was a 12 hour shift :cray:

Doesn't your store have the free fruit, and peanut butter & jelly, and fresh bread, and the lovely free water bottles in the break room?

Health & Wellness = Free Lunch :p

Hahaha I'd love to see the day. All our store puts in the break room is junk food and pop. And for some reason gummy snacks lately. The only time we have anything healthy is when PFresh has an overabundance of ripe bananas.

Check the expiration date on them bears. They might be extinct. :bad:

Truly, some of the food debris that gets left in the break room. I hate it whenever there has been a potluck or some sort of party because invariably the sink area will be filled with greasy dishes with floating bits. Such a pleasure to see right when one is about to enjoy one's own sack lunch and personally paid for repast. Seems those who throw parties have no concept of cleaning up.

And don't let me get started about the used napkins, lids, bottles, and stuff left on the tables and chairs. I'm tempted at times to call the local corrections agency to see about getting a chain-gang clean up detail.

To myself: You need to pay attention while you zone.
LvUWDEC.jpg

the snack that smiles back

To the cashiers that NCNS'd today: thanks for the hours.

Lucky! My store wouldn't call in anyone to fill the shifts, and we got slammed just before closing when I was by myself. Even the LOD was cashing.
I was already there. I'd just finished one of many 4 hr shifts & just happened to ask the LOD if they needed any help.
Ended up more than doubling my shift.

To one of our new front end team members: clearly you've got a lot going on in your life right now. Not EXACTLY sure what it is, and past a certain point it is absolutely none of my business. Just so you know, there are people on the team who appreciate what you do, appreciate you showing up when you would more than likely rather be somewhere else, and see that you are good with guests and not totally allergic to work. Please don't let certain members of leadership and their attitudes corrupt your work ethic, annihilate your morale, and make you jeopardize your own paycheck.

To that one SL TM who cashiers often... yes, Cartwheel coupons are official from target.com. No, it's not fake. Annd yesss, I do want you to type in that long number (it wouldn't scan for some reason) so I can save 15% or nearly $4 on a dress (It was almost $8 after the coupon, discount and redcard). Sorry, but I'm not sorry for the mild inconvenience I caused you, and I doubt you would've been that annoying about it if I were some other, non-coworker guest.

I don't understand why TMs and cashiers in my store aren't given information mobile apps/coupons and promotions. I wouldn't know about any of that stuff if it weren't for twitter. Based on my STL's reaction when I mentioned it, I may have known about Cartwheel before he did. He was on vacation the week it was announced, but I still would expect him to have known in advance.

To that one SL TM who cashiers often... yes, Cartwheel coupons are official from target.com. No, it's not fake. Annd yesss, I do want you to type in that long number (it wouldn't scan for some reason) so I can save 15% or nearly $4 on a dress (It was almost $8 after the coupon, discount and redcard). Sorry, but I'm not sorry for the mild inconvenience I caused you, and I doubt you would've been that annoying about it if I were some other, non-coworker guest.

I don't understand why TMs and cashiers in my store aren't given information mobile apps/coupons and promotions. I wouldn't know about any of that stuff if it weren't for twitter. Based on my STL's reaction when I mentioned it, I may have known about Cartwheel before he did. He was on vacation the week it was announced, but I still would expect him to have known in advance.

Any time that we have a new rollout at my store (i.e. WIC, Cartwheel), the GSTLs put reference sheets in the checklane binders. Which is a great idea. Except for one thing: most of the cashiers don't even know that we have the binders. :facepalm:

To my team "leader": stop treating me like a 5 year old. the "mom look" is no more of a motivator than candy is, I'm 35 years old. And negative leadership goes right along with it. If you are stressed out because you had to close last night then open today, tough, not my problem. You want some sympathy? Then stop scheduling your employees to that same close-open crap just because one of us complained to HR about you. And learn to read an availability schedule, there is a good reason I am not available before 2 PM. It's called my health.

To our new etl-ge: You said at huddle that you would be the 1st responder if they called for backup since we were stretched so thin on the sales floor. And you made good on that. It was nice to be able to concentrate on the zone and reshop and not even have to think about going up. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back