To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tot he GSTL and GSA: Will you kindly, for once, actually prevent your cashiers from going on break whenever they want? If the LOD won't let me go on break until someone gets back, then something has to be done about your cashiers because they all go on break and it's a constant flow of backup until they get back.

To the TM that put out the street date 1/1 Legos.... Thanks for getting my hopes up I was going to be done with my shopping this morning.

For the record, TRU had them on sale on Saturday. Too bad I didn't know I should have grabbed some then.

Yes! Some genius put a bunch of ours out as well. With everything flexed over there, the LOD and I are hoping we got them all.

My Lod was telling us to put them per spot email. We did put some out, but not all of them.

To that one team member: Please try a little bit harder. I realize you're new and were thrown in to help with me and another team member's seasonal project, but common sense. Why would you stack holiday cards on top of each other? Safety hazard much? Also, I was trying to answer your questions and help you out, but it doesn't show me you care when you ask to use my box cutter and then lose it within 5 minutes and then proceed to ask me "Do you have the box cutter, have you seen it?" Yeah, I'm not trying to PTM this aisle, I'd rather watch you cut your boxes open, watching the box cutter, NO! haha

To the TM that put out the street date 1/1 Legos.... Thanks for getting my hopes up I was going to be done with my shopping this morning.

For the record, TRU had them on sale on Saturday. Too bad I didn't know I should have grabbed some then.

Yes! Some genius put a bunch of ours out as well. With everything flexed over there, the LOD and I are hoping we got them all.

My Lod was telling us to put them per spot email. We did put some out, but not all of them.

Umm....how exactly would you ring them up? The register won't let it go past the street date warning.

To the TM at guest service with me tonight. You are a serious airhead, and it is not cute nor funny. I went on my break, and decided to be nice and leave you my GSTL keys. I come back, and they are gone. You swear you did not move them because you didn't have time, so I must have done something with them and it isn't your problem. What did you expect me to do? Shrug my shoulders and go on with life? The GSA on duty reported the incident to ap, who checked the tapes (because you know, he had nothing better to do, I'm sure). Turns out, you grabbed them, took them with you over to the photo counter, and left them there. Nice. You will never get your paws on my keys again.

To way too many TMs in my store....stop calling! Unless you are calling out, we really don't have time to talk to you. Seriously, write down your schedule like an adult and remember it. Or come in and check it yourself. None of us have time to tell the long line of guests in front of us to wait while we go look up your schedule. To those of you who do this repeatedly, I am this close to telling you your start time is an hour earlier than it is. Then maybe you'll learn to be responsible for yourself.

To my STL: As intense (if not harsh) as your methods might be at times, it's nice to know someone in the store believes in accountability.

To that one cart attendant: Yes, communication is an issue in our store. But you have a tendency to really overdo it. Please stop.

To the higher ups: I am disliking this new scheduling system....it may work well for the floor and check lanes, but it's not working for softlines.

To my team: Thanks for be so awesome and amazing and positive during the madness that was tonight.

To the Toys TM: you really want to complain about you not getting your 15 min. break over the walkie for everyone to hear? Honestly no one on my team other then the operators and the TLs feel they have the time to take their breaks as for the rest of my softlines team, we feel we don't have the time and hardly ever take/"get" our 15 minute break. Also if you want your break, then ask to go! it's your responsibility not the LODs

To the seasonal cashier,

You really didn't know about the whole Redcard/CC fiasco? Or why we were giving the 10% discount? Really? No, come on, Really?

You guys have to ask to go on your breaks!? So weird how different the culture is different in diff stores. Here, we only announce it to the TL/LOD or whoever so the rest of the team hears it and we can make sure someone's on the floor still.. and responds to SL calls. There's really no reason to not take a 15. You're entitled to it, so go. You might not get everything done, but my philosophy is "if they wanted it all done, perfectly, they'd staff us so it could be done." I only occasionally skip my second 15 if I had a 7hr shift and took a late-ish lunch.

To that seasonal tm, on the one hand, I like that you like going for backup, because it saves me, but you have got to turn your light off and leave the register when the lines go down. You're lingering there doesn't help us at all. You're the opposite of helpful/useful.

Umm....how exactly would you ring them up? The register won't let it go past the street date warning.
Some had the street date lifted. They put the creators back out later that day per an email, and for some reason I could buy movie ones yesterday that have a 12/29 street date on Legos site. Oops. But hey, they pulled the minifigs I planned to buy on break... Drat. A friend was in the store trying to find the Taco man while I was on lunch. Had him meet me at my register to try buying them... Because I was going to send him back for more for me. No go tho, and the STL had to go pull the end cap display they missed.

Well, that's nice. Especially after I had to pull them away from a guest who really wanted them not 24 hours before that. Thanks for making me look like a jerk, Spot.

Well, that's nice. Especially after I had to pull them away from a guest who really wanted them not 24 hours before that. Thanks for making me look like a jerk, Spot.
I could have been that guest.... I was ticked. If I didn't work there and know the team back there is nice... It wwould have been ugly. In the end, my daughter won because she got something else, then still a Lego when the Movie ones were opened yesterday.

What I really wanted was the brick bucket no one has right now....

I could have been that guest.... I was ticked. If I didn't work there and know the team back there is nice... It wwould have been ugly. In the end, my daughter won because she got something else, then still a Lego when the Movie ones were opened yesterday.

I didn't have a choice. The register said do not sell until 1/1. Our store has a serious issue with street date stuff hitting the floor early and then having to explain to angry guests they cannot have it. The day our CTL went into the back room and got something out of the back for the guest that was street dated and told the guest to see if the cashier would sell it to them was the worst, though.

I didn't have a choice. The register said do not sell until 1/1. Our store has a serious issue with street date stuff hitting the floor early and then having to explain to angry guests they cannot have it. The day our CTL went into the back room and got something out of the back for the guest that was street dated and told the guest to see if the cashier would sell it to them was the worst, though.
No seriously - if I hadn't been a TM, I might have been your upset guest. I got it off the shelf and went to buy it - then hit the "do not sell" thing. I was pissed, but less because I know those (newbies) guys were probably just filling empty spots on the barren-wasteland-that-was-the-lego-aisle.

Yesterday morning they were putting the Lego Movie stuff (and the Disney Princess) out - including the mini-figs. WHen I went to buy the mini-figs on my lunch, I asked the ETL-Log (who was putting them out in the morning) where he put them. He told me they had a 1/1 street date so he had to pull them. But then missed an endcap that a friend discovered later in the day, the STL ended up taking that down himself.

It really sucked as a guest to not be able to buy them - especially since TRU had them on sale the prior Saturday. So they had either broken the street date - or Lego lifted it and Target was delayed in the POS system lifting it.

The Lego Movie sets are still showing a 12/29 street date on lego.com, and I don't see them on Amazon... I'm curious how come they were being sold - but they are wrapped under the "tree" and I'm not taking them back. Nope. No way. MINE.

But I empathize with your guest..... totally.

Oh, so do I! I hated to do it...and moreso now....and I'm super confused about what the heck is going on with those dates. But I guess I will just need to be one with the mystery and move on to other weird things.

Oh, so do I! I hated to do it...and moreso now....and I'm super confused about what the heck is going on with those dates. But I guess I will just need to be one with the mystery and move on to other weird things.
Be one with the mystery.... be one....

Since google axed reader, I have been attempting to kick my Lego website news feeds - so I'm not sure what is up the dates either. I figure if I go hunting... I will see pictures of stuff that will cost me more money. I too shall accept the mystery... better for the bank balance that way :p

to the TM in toys...pick up the phone when theirs a call for toys. i had to go all the way over their form soft line to get the call and when i get over their you are doing reshop? wtf they you act all pissie with me when i confront you about it? if their a call for your zone pick up the freaking phone. dont make people from softlines walk all the way over to toys to do your job.

I babysat you most of the night, did most of your job and you are the one who got pissy about it? The LOD and I had to keep each other from killing you. I've never seen anyone do less work at guest services tonight than you did. The LOD actually lost track of the number of times he coached you tonight. His paper trail and talk with the STL tomorrow ought to be interesting...especially since you are already on a final. I could be wrong, but my guess is that you are about to have an extended holiday season from work. Good luck with that.

To my TL...

Thanks for looking out for me and removing me from the schedule when (1) they scheduled me over my max hours and (2) they scheduled me on a day I'm not available. Thanks for calling me and telling me this too... I would have freaked out if I saw my name on the schedule somewhere or got brought into the office for a couple of NCNSs.

To that one seasonal tm, you can't talk shit about other tms for "not finishing" when your zone always looks like shit at the end of the night and you come nowhere near having what anyone would call minimal reshop by the end of the night.

To the one seasonal TM: Yeah, fuck you. You were told numerous times we leave at 12:30AM, and you know full well that we typically stay late. Quit whining, though I guess it doesn't matter anymore, considering how you quit today and walked out.

to the TM in toys...pick up the phone when theirs a call for toys. i had to go all the way over their form soft line to get the call and when i get over their you are doing reshop? wtf they you act all pissie with me when i confront you about it? if their a call for your zone pick up the freaking phone. dont make people from softlines walk all the way over to toys to do your job.

I actually told an LOD after the 2nd time on my most recent shift that I, as operator, left the fitting room unattended and hustled over to toys to check on a request from a guest on the phone...only to find the idiot just walking around....not zoning, not helping a guest, not talking on the phone. I was so pissed!!

I forgot about this :D

To the entire closing salesfloor team (about 15 overall people, not including me), thank you all for coming to help me zone toys today for the last half hour. It doesn't look good, it won't look good for the rest of the year most likely, but you certainly made it a lot better. I know it'll get wrecked again tomorrow, but at least we set it up for the hardlines team member who works there when we open.

To the hardlines team: Thank you all for helping out in toys these past two weeks. Thank you for doing the push, thank you for helping out with the reshop, and thank you for putting up with me when I get stressed over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back