To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, you're allowed to connect to the wifi to help guests. They aren't asking you to use your data. You also don't have to use your phone if you don't want to.

It's pretty much a moot point since all stores will be swapping out PDAs and LPDAs for iPod touches starting this summer.

It was in the newest issue of red. Sounded like all PDAs and LPDAs are being retired since they've reached the end of their life cycle.

Then why the hell did they bother with the MC9200s? I know, I shouldn't complain because we actually have working equipment in my store now, but still.

It was in the newest issue of red. Sounded like all PDAs and LPDAs are being retired since they've reached the end of their life cycle.

well damn. How are they gonna make it work for scanning stuff and CAFs?

There's a scanning sled for it. The iPod's camera proved to be unreliable for quick, accurate scans.

I dropped my iPod touch (was 4th gen, though, not 5th) a million times and had no damage. Sold it for more than I paid for it, too. I mostly used those cheap gel cases when I actually used one, so I'm sure in an otterbox, they're not in too much danger. Also assuming target would have some fancy corporate AppleCare plan.

I use my phone on the floor, anyway... For looking up online items (service desk doesn't always send us the online item sticker), looking up registries, showing people cartwheel. Target's mobile site/apps show aisle numbers, now too.

No crap...I can't tell you how often a scan doesn't work with the camera for doing a price match at guest services with the iPad.

Am I the only person seeing these get stolen by guests out of unattended reshop carts because they think they're regular iPods/iPhones?

And there's a way to track where they are like iPhones, right?

LOD: "Hey Market TM what is your location?"
MTM: "The backroom."
LOD: "Really? Cause my new LoJack says you're in Food Avenue."

Am I the only person seeing these get stolen by guests out of unattended reshop carts because they think they're regular iPods/iPhones?

And there's a way to track where they are like iPhones, right?

LOD: "Hey Market TM what is your location?"
MTM: "The backroom."
LOD: "Really? Cause my new LoJack says you're in Food Avenue."
ipods have the "find my iPhone" app, not sure if there is anything more sensitive than that for tracking purposes...

I would assume the holsters are mandatory.
Holsters have always been mandatory. At least at my store. But that rule has not been enforced in a few years. It always irks me when I hear someone complaining that they lost their PDA or someone stole it while they weren't looking. If you wore the holster you wouldn't have that problem.

To that one TL: Yes I called you out yesterday in front of an ETL. Maybe if you shared important information with us, I wouldn't have to do so. Learn how to communicate with your team. Just because you want to be an ETL doesn't mean you are one yet.

To be fair, you're allowed to connect to the wifi to help guests. They aren't asking you to use your data. You also don't have to use your phone if you don't want to.

It's pretty much a moot point since all stores will be swapping out PDAs and LPDAs for iPod touches starting this summer.
They are still asking me to use my phone ,And if I drop it while on the salesfloor because a guest or another Tm bumps into me or whatever mishap ,will they replace it? Even an otterbox is not 100% foolproof ( daughter learned it the hard way !) ! !

I'm on a roll today. It has been a rough few days
To that one TM: Stop harassing me to try & get free food. I'm not going to give you the stuff I'm QMOS'ing.
To my STL: I like you as a person but you are driving me INSANE as an STL. The store is not going to look perfect ALL the time. And if my hours are cut in my workcenter, don't expect it to get fully zoned everyday. Zoning, while I understand the importance, is low on the list as a PA. I'm not going to sacrifice the quality of my area to zone.

To that one ETL who yelled at me over the walkie in full earshot of several guests that he was "in the middle of something" (Grilling TM's who were about to take the Best Team Survey) and refused to bring up some printer paper for the registry kiosk printers that all three ran out of paper simultaneously leaving people waiting and waiting for their printouts. When I politely informed him of the guests who had been waiting and were getting impatient, he yelled again at me "Well why didn't you say so?!
Not the best time to be copping an attitude to me in front of guests, considering I was in the next group they called back to take the survey. Let's just say I didn't score him very well.
Instant Karma at its best......

I am not sure how I feel about doing price changes with an ipod. With the constant scanning, i am just curious to see how well it would work.

To the TL I'm stuck closing with: you're being an ass. Stop.

To that etl who so happy to tell me that cell phones were now allowed on the salesfloor while I was in the breakroom playing on my phone:
No I will not take my iphone on the salesfloor to help guests and show them cartwheel app or the coupons!
Unless ,of course, target pays part of my bill !
I must be lucky. I had someone pull out their iPhone to double-check on the definitions on one of the Cartwheel deals. She even apologized for the speed because she ran out of 4G data.

While I would prefer not to use my own cellphone, in the grand scheme of things, it's a lot faster at times to use my phone than try to find that obscure movie/cd on a PDA. And anything to help a guest quicker so I can get back to my tasks is going to be employed. That and using my cartwheel when I have a guest screaming at me that their phone is dead or they can't get it to load in the store is nice to get a guest to stop bitching at me.

I must be lucky. I had someone pull out their iPhone to double-check on the definitions on one of the Cartwheel deals. She even apologized for the speed because she ran out of 4G data.
While I would prefer not to use my own cellphone, in the grand scheme of things, it's a lot faster at times to use my phone than try to find that obscure movie/cd on a PDA. And anything to help a guest quicker so I can get back to my tasks is going to be employed. That and using my cartwheel when I have a guest screaming at me that their phone is dead or they can't get it to load in the store is nice to get a guest to stop bitching at me.
Dear Guests: Cartwheels are Printable. I actually surprised this TM with my printed out Cartwheel. She had only seen it on smartphones before. Thats because I didn't own a smartphone until last week, and it's quicker for everyone to have a paper barcode in your hand along with your card, instead of having to pull out your smartphone, PIN, app, barcode screen, etc.

A lot of people like to scan and add as they go, which is fine, but the printed ones work just as well!

Dear Guests: Cartwheels are Printable. I actually surprised this TM with my printed out Cartwheel. She had only seen it on smartphones before. Thats because I didn't own a smartphone until last week, and it's quicker for everyone to have a paper barcode in your hand along with your card, instead of having to pull out your smartphone, PIN, app, barcode screen, etc.
I have my cartwheel on my kindle. My husband does our grocery shopping and I would just print it out for him. Neither one of us have smart phones.

TTOTM : I really dislike your little slogan about the "corporation appreciates your use of a reusable bag", it is so unnecessary and obnoxious. If you really feel the need to say something to guests using re-usable bags, just say "Thank you for bringing in your reusable bags, I'll give your 5c credits at the end of the transaction". Geeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back