To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those Front End Cashier: When you have a guest at your register with their items on the belt, STOP talking to the other cashier and TURN AROUND and ring them up :superstition:
If a cashier is turned around talking to me, I always let them know if someone walks up. A lot of times it's the new seasonal cashiers and it's a work-related question (ok, not always :girl_wink:) but since i'm in a position to see I let them know.

To that team member who constantly stopped what he was doing to admire body washes and sniffed them all instead of putting them up, REALLY?! We were swamped with the pallets of pushes and you took your sweet time to smell every DAMN body wash in the aisle! I was done with two aisles starting the third one and YOU were still in the same spot you started. Ugh...

To the support manager. Yes, we had a large over stock pallet from yesterday but thats the thing. Its over stock. Why would yopu want to waste time to unload it all just so maybe two boxes can go out?Don't get me started on the picture frame pallet. I've worked that area for the past few days and we are fully stocked on frames. There is a reason I marked the over stock pallets at the start...

it's been a very long weekend personally and at work: to the 3 tm's who reminded me to breathe...especially the one who specifically took your break with mine to let me vent and calm down. THANK YOU...not sure I could have/would have made it through the night without you.
to the team member's who decided to argue with the LOD how calling out wasn't calling out on the main phone (that part is the LOD's fault) for 15 minutes...thanks for jamming up our phone lines and ticking off an already irritable lod....lots of fun for the rest of us minions.
seasonal tm's if you are so worried about being kept around after the holidays then stop calling out, leaving early or not dong the tasks assigned to you

Since when?

Is it a Wetlab or Drylab? What machine # are you using? At my lab, each cartridge is interchangeable no matter which compartment we put them in, and I've never jammed once.

The wetlab at my store is temperamental like that... come to think of it exactly like that. Anyway the printer at my old store didn't care which side you loaded the paper into and it jammed on me once in six months, not the almost daily occurrence here :(

1) To the seasonal TM's: if I'm wearing red/khaki, have ALREADY GIVEN YOU my TM discount, and you SEE ME joking with the GSTL, I think it's "safe" to let me scan the stupid item I left in my cart because it weighed 20 lbs and I didn't feel like lifting it out again!

2) To my "favorite tech"...thanks for letting me go home early when I had a headache for 3 friggin' days....oh wait, that's right, you DIDN'T, as usual, YOU did! :girl_mad:

Last edited:
Since when?

Is it a Wetlab or Drylab? What machine # are you using? At my lab, each cartridge is interchangeable no matter which compartment we put them in, and I've never jammed once.

Wetlab. They're supposed to be interchangeable, but we've had SO many problems with it jamming when the 4x6 is loaded on the left side. It's a KPT 750 machine (I believe, I'm currently on an LOA, so I'm not sure). I was trained to have 4x6 on the right side and enlargements on the left side. Our machine is very temperamental, and it drives me crazy sometimes. :sorry: The people I trained after I left decided that it didn't matter and as a result, our lab's been shut down every week since September.

To the (other from above) support manager and two other co workers, we kicked ass this morning. Started out with 19 pallets in housewares and Killed 13. Now we are down to a more reasonable 6.

To that one cashier who so kindly informed me that the restroom was out of toilet paper: hello? don't you work here, too? I had a line of guests 5 deep at the service desk, would it have killed you to get more tp from the storage closet and put some in there?! It's not like you don't know where it is!:nah:

Wetlab. They're supposed to be interchangeable, but we've had SO many problems with it jamming when the 4x6 is loaded on the left side. It's a KPT 750 machine (I believe, I'm currently on an LOA, so I'm not sure). I was trained to have 4x6 on the right side and enlargements on the left side. Our machine is very temperamental, and it drives me crazy sometimes. :sorry: The people I trained after I left decided that it didn't matter and as a result, our lab's been shut down every week since September.
I think it depends on how you your machine is set up. We also have a 750, and we have the premium on the left, and the 4x6basic/5x7/8x10 on the right.
On the subject of the lab...
To the Kodak field tech: please stop calling the store at 730A.M. when we're having an issue, and then using that as an excuse to not show up until 2 or 3 days after we called it in, and are sitting on ~30 roll of 35mm and a few hundred greeting cards the we are unable to process.

To that one cashier who so kindly informed me that the restroom was out of toilet paper: hello? don't you work here, too? I had a line of guests 5 deep at the service desk, would it have killed you to get more tp from the storage closet and put some in there?! It's not like you don't know where it is!:nah:

Or at least tell a cart attendant or GSTL.

Gtc to that tm in electronics who with dignity, took care the guest after they voimited in front of the boat. The tm took the guest to the restroom for clean up.
Gtc to Gstl for cleaning up the mess with brand attendant.

To our ETL-HR: thank you for spending so much time on the lanes! Before today, I had only ever seen an ETL cash once or twice.

To that one softlines team member who volunteered to clean up the restroom today when it was obviously in need of it and service desk was overwhelmed, you are awesome!

To the Bakery, Meat,Produce,Toy TLs, grab a friggen baler key! We are all busy, but the least you could do is run the damn thing once in awhile. Stacking meat,produce,bakery and toy boxes on the floor in front of the baler is not an option. The backroom team members and flow team members are not your personal servants, they have huge workloads too.

To the Bakery, Meat,Produce,Toy TLs, grab a friggen baler key! We are all busy, but the least you could do is run the damn thing once in awhile. Stacking meat,produce,bakery and toy boxes on the floor in front of the baler is not an option. The backroom team members and flow team members are not your personal servants, they have huge workloads too.
Here is my baler key, I am in seasonal right outside of the doors. I will push the button for you. Just ask me as you are walking by me.

To our ETL-HR: thank you for spending so much time on the lanes! Before today, I had only ever seen an ETL cash once or twice.
Really??? Our ETL & STL jump on the lanes all the time! They even answer when WE call from pharmacy for back-up (in fact, the STL is one of the few people who does!)

Really??? Our ETL & STL jump on the lanes all the time! They even answer when WE call from pharmacy for back-up (in fact, the STL is one of the few people who does!)

Wow, you're lucky. I don't think I've ever even heard a backup call from the pharmacy. Our HR TL really underscheduled for the front end over the weekend, but we had two ETLs in the building, so the ETL-HR cashed a whole bunch while the ETL-Hardlines did most of the LOD stuff. It was funny to see the ETL-HR with his light flashing when he needed change. :D

to the two team members who tried over the walkie to tell me how to do my job and weasel out of your own....well bless your pointy little heads. Thanks for doing it in such a public manner. I have been doing my job for about a year longer than you have been doing yours and you are seasonal so maybe or maybe not I will see you in the new year.

to the two team members who brought their overflowing carts of reshop/rewraps to me in the fitting room at closing time. Again, bless your pointy little heads. I took pictures and recorded the amount of time it took me to do your work (one cart took me an hour and a half today...the other a half hour AFTER I made her do her own rewraps earlier in the night)

to the other softline team members who worked with me this weekend especially my trainee...most of you ROCKED!!

awesome STL is awesome
He really is....we just got a new ETL-HR and even SHE'S amazed at how "hands on" he is. She came from a ULV store and was used to jumping on the lanes when back up was needed, but says her STL there was rarely even out on the floor. Ours is ALWAYS out on the floor, interacting with guests (some even know him by name), will help guests with carry-outs, back-up wherever needed, and is an all around nice guy. He's been with Spot for 22+ years, started as a cashier back in college, and has worked his way through the ranks. I seriously couldn't ask for a better "boss" :)

To the two team members who worked doubles yesterday due to callouts:

I could not have done it without you guys. I feel bad that some people have guaranteed 40 hour weeks that do half the amount of work that you two did tonight. Please oh PLEASE let them keep you after the season is over.

To the LOD last night:
An endcap was completely blown out and after scanning the product it showed 60+ count on hand. I walkied you to let you know we needed some of the product if possible (never going to happen, this LOD is known for dumping their own work on others, and NEVER assists others when they need help).

30 minutes later you personally brought up a red with all of the product. Even today it still amazes me, it truly was a Christmas miracle!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back