To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey STL you say that filling eggs is an opener task, given that you harass me about it when I open. So why are you having me fill the eggs today during a mid shift? I thought the opener did that. Given that there's no milk or bananas the only thing they need to fill is eggs.

Is it really so hard to put the trash in the "OPEN" compactor instead of just leaving your carts blocking the "OPEN" door?

Perhaps the guilty TM was a minor? Though even if that were the case, there's no reason for him/her to just leave it in the way of everything.

Also the other day a TM would. Not. Stop. Talking. About how they needed a PDA right now to do their job that I saw somebody just hold their talk button down to stop the noise for a bit.

Did the person holding their walkie button have a PDA?

Nooooooooooooo, BR and SFS stay on 2 (in my store) :eek:

I wish our backroom team was still on channel 3. Few things are worse than having to hear all that crap while trying to pull 5-hour CAFs.

Hey STL you say that filling eggs is an opener task, given that you harass me about it when I open. So why are you having me fill the eggs today during a mid shift? I thought the opener did that. Given that there's no milk or bananas the only thing they need to fill is eggs.

You don't locate your eggs? Also, your STL is a dunce.

Ttotm. Nothing, absolutely nothing is accomplished by an adversarial relationship between flow and backroom. Overstocking will come back to bite us all. :cool: (This emogee still needs a fedora).

Are you a cart attendant/Sbux? If so you are correct, you leave it since the TL or ETL should throw trash. All most of us ask is that you just tuck out of the way so people don't have to move it to toss cardboard or the in my store the trash cans.
Nah, cashier/SDTM. But when our CAs are busy and we have trash carts piling up up front, I'll wheel the cart back. Someone in the BR will just say to me that I can leave it in front of the compactor and they'll take care of it.

TTOTM: I agree with you that Christmas items are not Ptm, yet. However, it makes no sense to backstock anything holiday when you and I just worked on Sunday to try and catch up on the backstock. It will be clearance by the time they get to it, Flex it out and hold me responsible, I can handle it.

TTOETL: I understand that you're frustrated with flow just as much as anyone else, but when I ask you to talk to the women working cosmetics because you are in charge for the day, you need to stop being so dismissive. They dumped three boxes worth of stuff in to my cart when I was helping a guest. Then I find stuff pushed (and overpushed) into the completely wrong locations. Telling me that I just need to not leave my cart unattended is super lazy on your part. If you are not willing to confront them, at least go to the STL (because the ETL over flow is useless as well).

TTOLeadershipTeam: Just so you know, the way you treat me is directly effecting my anxiety disorder. I can't get through a single shift without taking at least one of my emergency meds. When the zone is perfect, reshop is done, and push is down to half a box of big items, and you say that cosmetics is disgusting and needs a lot of work, I'm GOING to have a freak out. Nothing I do is right, I get that, but at least be silent in your judgement.

TTOTM: Thank you for walking through on your break and being so genuinely impressed by cosmetics. Your support always means so much.

Loll... Same story, basically. A tm I know spoke to an etl about our flow team and she said the etl said that it's been determined that there's no solution to them over pushing everything into wrong location.......

nick-young-confused-face.png

Loll... Same story, basically. A tm I know spoke to an etl about our flow team and she said the etl said that it's been determined that there's no solution to them over pushing everything into wrong location.......

nick-young-confused-face.png
Same here....we talked to an ETL about them putting merchandise in the wrong location and not FIFOing and were basically told "they don't have time to check EVERY product to make sure it's in the correct location or pull outdates." Ummm.....really? Isn't that their JOB?!?!

We even asked if they could simply put the new items BEHIND what's already on the shelf and were told "that takes too much time..."

Ahhhhhh! I'm right there with you all on this subject. I'm having major anxiety over cosmetics right now and I'm just waiting for someone to tell me the area looks like complete shit:( But I feel like I'm doing my best with what I have to work with. Blarg!

Same here....we talked to an ETL about them putting merchandise in the wrong location and not FIFOing and were basically told "they don't have time to check EVERY product to make sure it's in the correct location or pull outdates." Ummm.....really? Isn't that their JOB?!?!

We even asked if they could simply put the new items BEHIND what's already on the shelf and were told "that takes too much time..."

Worst. management. ever.
So how are people supposed to find things.
Having them in the wrong place is almost worse then not having them out at all.

Worst. management. ever.
So how are people supposed to find things.
Having them in the wrong place is almost worse then not having them out at all.
That doesn't bother me as much as having expired OTC meds on the shelf because they just put the new stuff in front and keep pushing older ones to the back. We've found some that were over a year out of date! When we brought it up to the ETL, she said, "if you want the expired meds off the shelf, pull them yourselves, we don't have time for that!" :eek:

Ahhhhhh! I'm right there with you all on this subject. I'm having major anxiety over cosmetics right now and I'm just waiting for someone to tell me the area looks like complete shit:( But I feel like I'm doing my best with what I have to work with. Blarg!
Ours doesn't look bad, it's just that they shove stuff wherever they feel like at any given moment. "Oh, here's a green box, this must be the same thing!" Nevermind that one is a 10-ct and the other is a 70-ct. Close enough!

That doesn't bother me as much as having expired OTC meds on the shelf because they just put the new stuff in front and keep pushing older ones to the back. We've found some that were over a year out of date! When we brought it up to the ETL, she said, "if you want the expired meds off the shelf, pull them yourselves, we don't have time for that!" :eek:

Yep, your ETL is an idiot.

It's one thing to think that.
It's something completely different to say it.
Sure the truth is they really don't have the time to do the picture perfect FIFO but the ETL is never supposed to say that out loud and is always supposed to be shooting for that goal.
So the fact is your ETL is a moron.

Yep, your ETL is an idiot.

It's one thing to think that.
It's something completely different to say it.
Sure the truth is they really don't have the time to do the picture perfect FIFO but the ETL is never supposed to say that out loud and is always supposed to be shooting for that goal.
So the fact is your ETL is a moron.
Well, to be fair, she's not MY ETL, MY ETL was the one bitching to her. ;)

TTOETL: I understand that you're frustrated with flow just as much as anyone else, but when I ask you to talk to the women working cosmetics because you are in charge for the day, you need to stop being so dismissive. They dumped three boxes worth of stuff in to my cart when I was helping a guest. Then I find stuff pushed (and overpushed) into the completely wrong locations. Telling me that I just need to not leave my cart unattended is super lazy on your part. If you are not willing to confront them, at least go to the STL (because the ETL over flow is useless as well).
Wow!!! I'm not really sure why that ETL is in a leadership position. So the solution is for you to not leave your cart unattended?? Way to take care of the problem! Don't address incompetence, just make it someone else's problem. That's just ridiculous! I'm very sorry for you!

@tgtcpht, talk to your hardlines TL about having a Freshness Friday in the pharmacy aisles. Everything with an expiration date should be FIFO'd. Or if that's not an option, get a MyDevice and start adding expiration dates to each DPCI so they show up in the SDA.

It won't necessarily result in the flow team being held accountable, but at least the expired meds will be disposed of.

@tgtcpht, talk to your hardlines TL about having a Freshness Friday in the pharmacy aisles. Everything with an expiration date should be FIFO'd. Or if that's not an option, get a MyDevice and start adding expiration dates to each DPCI so they show up in the SDA.

It won't necessarily result in the flow team being held accountable, but at least the expired meds will be disposed of.
Well, we aren't Target anymore, and were never trained on the MyDevices, so I don't see either of those happening :oops: We've thought about making an anonymous complaint to the integrity hotline about it because it's been made clear that she simply doesn't care. Even when a guest brought back an OTC med for her CHILD that she had JUST purchased that was 3 mos out of date (as were the rest on the shelf,) she made US pull them! We literally had a basket that was overflowing just doing the kids' meds! She's a waste of oxygen...

TTOETL: Overpushing electronics product because you do not want it in the backroom will not cause it to sell at a quicker pace. It is not a "hot" item this holiday and none of these aisles are PTM. Make sure our counts are correct so the DC does not send us more than we need, push until the one location cannot comfortably hold anymore and backstock the rest.

TTOETL: Overpushing electronics product because you do not want it in the backroom will not cause it to sell at a quicker pace. It is not a "hot" item this holiday and none of these aisles are PTM. Make sure our counts are correct so the DC does not send us more than we need, push until the one location cannot comfortably hold anymore and backstock the rest.
Your talking to a ETL. It's just goes in one ear and out the other.

Ours doesn't look bad, it's just that they shove stuff wherever they feel like at any given moment. "Oh, here's a green box, this must be the same thing!" Nevermind that one is a 10-ct and the other is a 70-ct. Close enough!
Dear god, this; so much. I have had six Dyson vacuums pushed to the floor, no spider-wraps, in the Dirt Devil location. A $599 vacuum in a $60 spot. WTF.
And Razors. A full 3 dozen Gillette packs, no cases, all in the wrong areas. The only seemingly competent Flow team member we have is Electronics. He usually has everything spider-wrapped at least, if not tethered down, or he'll leave the item at the Boat if he has too much to do.

TTOBRTeam: Can we make a deal? If you stop pushing items on my count list to the very top shelf, I will...think of something that's not a major violation. Ice cream? Everyone like that, right? So if you stop making me climb to the top of the ladder for every item I really care about in backstock, I'll buy ice cream. I hate hights.

Dear god, this; so much. I have had six Dyson vacuums pushed to the floor, no spider-wraps, in the Dirt Devil location. A $599 vacuum in a $60 spot. WTF.
And Razors. A full 3 dozen Gillette packs, no cases, all in the wrong areas. The only seemingly competent Flow team member we have is Electronics. He usually has everything spider-wrapped at least, if not tethered down, or he'll leave the item at the Boat if he has too much to do.

TTOBRTeam: Can we make a deal? If you stop pushing items on my count list to the very top shelf, I will...think of something that's not a major violation. Ice cream? Everyone like that, right? So if you stop making me climb to the top of the ladder for every item I really care about in backstock, I'll buy ice cream. I hate hights.
Yep...had a guest bring up a Zyrtec 70-ct last week. Scan it, price is $30+. He says, "the tag says $7.99." I know there's no way in hell that's right, so I tell him it's not in the right place, it's $30+. He tells me to go look for myself....I go out and sure enough, where the Up&Up cetirizine 14 (?) ct. should be, there is nothing but Zyrtec 70-ct packages. Spent a good 15 minutes "fixing" that section...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back