To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOTM: All of us had been backing up for long periods of time tonight and you were the only one on the salesfloor who never responded to back up. The operator even went up and had someone cover the phones during their absence from the desk.
Towards the end of the night, the GSA asked if anyone nearby could back up really quick and the LOD called you out since you were literally zoning a few aisles away from checklanes.
It took everything I had in me not to laugh into the walkie and make a snarky comment when you made it sound like you were zoning at the furthest part of the store but reluctantly agreed to "come up anyway."

LOL WELL DONT I FEEL DUMB!!!!! Although I know I speak clearly enough to be heard. :(
TTOTM: I'm very sorry management is obviously giving you a hard time lately. You've created a poor reputation and I don't know how you can fix that.
To management: I am not a peer and you shouldn't be talking to me about how bad some employees are.

One of our ETL's does this thing where he keeps her walkie at her hip, and just reaches down to push the button when she needs to talk. So she's always EXTREMELY quiet over the walkie, and usually she starts speaking before she even pushes the button so all you hear is the last half of what she's saying. Very annoying when she's LOD.

One of our ETL's does this thing where he keeps her walkie at her hip, and just reaches down to push the button when she needs to talk. So she's always EXTREMELY quiet over the walkie, and usually she starts speaking before she even pushes the button so all you hear is the last half of what she's saying. Very annoying when she's LOD.
I'll do that if I really can't get a hand on my walkie. It's rare, but I make sure I speak louder.

Well I learned something new about the radios. Now if only people at my store when they're saying "Thank you" would hold the button down first, then speak. Instead you hear a lot of "-nk you"s.

Is it really so hard to put the trash in the "OPEN" compactor instead of just leaving your carts blocking the "OPEN" door?

Our Pfresh TL does this as standard, my response is as follows:

Ask her to repeat herself every time she gets on the radio. Sorry we can't hear you. As for cutting off what they are saying, tell them! "Sorry what was that? I just heard a click." Every time they say some thing! Bonus even when you can hear them, it will drive them nuts.

I have used radios on jobs for years and use them all the time in my car club so I have NO time for bad radio manners.

Wait a beat, speak
Keep it short
Keep it clear
Keep chatter on alternate channel

Last edited:
I really, really want to interrupt a "Redcards are awesome let's all get Redcards" chat with "can you guys go to 2?" sometime.

Also the other day a TM would. Not. Stop. Talking. About how they needed a PDA right now to do their job that I saw somebody just hold their talk button down to stop the noise for a bit.

I really, really want to interrupt a "Redcards are awesome let's all get Redcards" chat with "can you guys go to 2?" sometime.

Also the other day a TM would. Not. Stop. Talking. About how they needed a PDA right now to do their job that I saw somebody just hold their talk button down to stop the noise for a bit.

I just start clicking the talk button.

Nooooooooooooo, BR and SFS stay on 2 (in my store) :eek:

It's all fun and games till they are all new tms to your store so you can't tell if it's the right person...
I have been on channel 2 for the past few weeks. People looking for me will switch channels lmao also I can tell if the person I call for is that person or not by voice. I don't know any of the new seasonals tbh

Last edited:
To that one LOD that didn't care that I was on OT (and she was the one that pretty much made me hit OT on Sunday. I'm scheduled for 40 for the week) and wouldn't let me go home early. You didn't need me. The TL that opened let me take a 45 minute lunch and said you'd probably send me home early.

But nah.

Instead you said "you're staying-have a great night!" in the most bitchiest/rudest way imaginable.

So thank you.

TTOGSTL: I know I can get "enthusiastic" and talk really really fast paced at times (and I know it annoys the life out of you at times) but thanks for still being awesome all the time...especially tonight, for helping me take care of a guest tonight who ordered photos via Shutterfly for her father-in-law's funeral and we couldn't locate the photos...I didn't have the heart to tell her that, or see her reaction :/

TTOCartAttendant: Our ETL-GE gives you a lot of crap sometimes for chatting a lot but you help out so much at Guest Services and it's truly appreciated, even if I barely can keep up with what you're talking about with all of your gaming interests...and also thanks for managing to fix one of the photo lab printers (even if temporarily) and getting it to print a few orders, I was clueless to fix it

I will tell you -- if I ever bring trash to the back, I'm told to just leave it in front of the compactor and someone will take care of it. I don't want to do something I'm not sure about.

Are you a cart attendant/Sbux? If so you are correct, you leave it since the TL or ETL should throw trash. All most of us ask is that you just tuck out of the way so people don't have to move it to toss cardboard or the in my store the trash cans.

TTOTM: You asked me if you could work some more days and I gave you some extra hours that I had. I gave you a friendly reminder this week that you were scheduled today pre your request and you threw a fit and tried telling HR that I never communicated with you about coming in and you had no idea you had to work, and were even more bothered when HR checked when you were added which happened to be a week from today, they told you that you either have to call out or you're a NCNS. I gave you more hours because you asked for them and you tried to throw me under the bus for doing you a favor. So guess what, next time you need hours, you can cashier.

Last edited:
To that one TM: Thanks for calling in! Again. At this point I should just start doing your job if I don't see you in the first thirty minutes instead of the LOD asking me to 1.5-2 hours after you were supposed to show up.

To that other TM: Ahaahahahaha you are a lazy asshole. "Don't backstock that tub of candles because it will go clearance after Christmas and I don't want to have to pull it. I will yell at whoever I catch trying to clear it off." If there's one thing we need more than anything right now it is empty vehicles for freight and pulls that are selling right now. And you think everyone else should have to work harder right now so you can take it a little easier in two weeks? I'm about ready to go find myself some free time and equipment and get to work because you have got to be kidding me.

That last one really gets me. For one of the trucks today I had a couple tubs' worth of HBA under the line, on other vehicles, where the tub used to be because we ran out of tubs and everything was too hectic to find a solution beyond "deal with it later the show unload must go on." Ended up with this after unload:
D10R1tU.jpg

Don't get me started about the "2-day ad" tub of diapers that's been sitting around since Black Friday. Surprise surprise, that one's clearance soon/eventually or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back