To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOTM: I realize I'm a "woman," but I'm not an idiot when it comes to electronics. Yes, I needed cases for two different types of iPads. No, I "DON'T need to call my husband to make sure!!!":mad:

Are there really people that stupid working in Electronics, still?
They realize that woman are involved with or directly responsible for 70% of the electronics purchases?
Misogyny is a great way to kill sales.

TTOTM: I understand you're trying to help, but it's kind of annoying when you butt in while I'm helping a guest. I've been here for 2.5 years and you treat me as if I'm new around here. Which is funny because you're often wrong when you help guests and I have to correct the situation.

TTOTM or TMs:

How hard is it to grasp the concept of backstocking things with the barcodes facing out??? It makes pulling so easy and efficient if you are able to scan every barcode in the waco WITHOUT having to move anything first.

*Especially looking at you, TM who backstocked in MM1 and MM2 yesterday*

It kills me when it's boxes. If I ever catch who's doing it I'm coaching them.

You are nicer than I. I turn on my heel and spend money somewhere else. Don't even get me started on mechanics and car dealers.
Most of the time, I would've, but I had a cartwheel, my TM discount, and the red card discount. This was also the only store that had the particular cases in stock.

I actually walked out of a car dealer 1/2 way through the process of buying a car because the guy told my husband, "maybe you should explain to her how all of this works..." My husband even said, "it's HER car & she's done this before....I'm just here to sign the paperwork. She KNOWS how all of it works." ;)

Last edited:
Most of the time, I would've, but I had a cartwheel, my TM discount, and the red card discount. This was also the only store that had the particular cases in stock.

I actually walked out of a car dealer 1/2 way through the process of buying a car because the guy told my husband, "maybe you should explain to her how all of this works..." My husband even said, "it's HER car & she's done this before....I'm just here to sign the paperwork. She KNOWS how all of it works." ;)

My hubby looked at the dealer "Dude she taught me about cars, and she is done being insulted."

Dear every cashier ever:

SERVICE DESK CANNOT ADD CARTWHEEL TO A RECEIPT AFTER THE FACT.

Missed coupon...because sometimes it won't take it.

Cartwheel isn't a coupon. It's considered a form of payment. Guest Services can correct it but they have to void out the payment method, scan cartwheel and then have the guest pay again. This is a pain if they happened to use gift cards or a debit card and their account is low since the 1st "payment" isn't instantly credited back before the 2nd payment is ran. So their card might be declined. If it's for only one or two items I will just calculate the amount of savings and do it as a missed target coupon and manually enter it in and explain to the guest why I am doing it that way. Unless they really want that badge for saving $$.

Cartwheel isn't a coupon. It's considered a form of payment. Guest Services can correct it but they have to void out the payment method, scan cartwheel and then have the guest pay again. This is a pain if they happened to use gift cards or a debit card and their account is low since the 1st "payment" isn't instantly credited back before the 2nd payment is ran. So their card might be declined. If it's for only one or two items I will just calculate the amount of savings and do it as a missed target coupon and manually enter it in and explain to the guest why I am doing it that way. Unless they really want that badge for saving $$.
All coupons are a form of payment. Why do you think you get your tm discount on the portion paid plus manufacturer coupons.

And when cashiers aren't trained to just fix the ten cents from cartwheel I'm not double paying even if I have that money in my account. Nor taking all that time.

All coupons are a form of payment. Why do you think you get your tm discount on the portion paid plus manufacturer coupons.

And when cashiers aren't trained to just fix the ten cents from cartwheel I'm not double paying even if I have that money in my account. Nor taking all that time.

The problem is when the guest has three dozen items on their receipt that would have cartwheel savings. If I don't do wrong payment (which is a bad idea for the reasons listed) I have to go through, calculate the discount from each item, add it all up and do it as a missed coupon. All this after the cashier told the guest "oh just take it to guest services they just have to scan your phone and you'll get the discounts!"

Dear hr,

The schedule sucks. If the person in tsc leaves before anyone's scheduled in the fitting room, who will answer the phones?

If the only floor coverage during the day and during peak hour is TLs who have projects to do, who is doing everything else?

With love and annoyance,
Sher

The problem is when the guest has three dozen items on their receipt that would have cartwheel savings. If I don't do wrong payment (which is a bad idea for the reasons listed) I have to go through, calculate the discount from each item, add it all up and do it as a missed coupon. All this after the cashier told the guest "oh just take it to guest services they just have to scan your phone and you'll get the discounts!"
I'd never do it for more than one item, lol. I'd make the gsa hustle over to fix it first. I heart my gstm more than my gsa.

TTOTM Stop talking about how they still found listeria at the Bluebell ice cream factory I know all about it. Just accept the fact that...some of us are willing to take the risk for dutch chocolate...

Last edited:
Dear hr,

The schedule sucks. If the person in tsc leaves before anyone's scheduled in the fitting room, who will answer the phones?
Wait, isn't HR the person in TSC??

Wait, isn't HR the person in TSC??

Yes. Idk that they all play a part in scheduling, though. Either way, whoever does it needs to make sure the hr and fitting room schedules work together, because in my store, that's who does phones. Anyone from SL can cover, but there needs to be someone in SL lol.

TTO-office coworker(s). Do you really need to take the elevator to go up or down 1 level? It takes me 10 minutes just to get go ground level from floor 8. I only get 30 minutes for lunch!!!!
Do you work at HQ??? Or is this another job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back