To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I revise my to the new team member....she definitely is still not the brightest bulb but she also is as slow (working) as molasses...I am really hoping that none of these 3 newbies don't last.
to that one newbie team member who snuck out tonight without informing anybody-you are (hopefully) in some deep doo doo as it was written in 2 places to get area approval before leaving and I have told you from day one to make sure that you get said approval before leaving. Your areas also looked like poop. Heck, all of the areas but RTW could have been better. I will say that shoes also looked decent but not the perfect zone that was asked but what do you expect when asking that of somebody working their final shift? Especially one who was barely clocked in to the job to begin with. It stinks that SL had more people on the floor but HL looked better when I left.
to the closing ETL and HLTL - thanks for the votes of confidence that if I say the area looks good to go that the TM can go. I appreciate it.

To the new cashiers at my old store who always end up calling the GSTL for a guest in front of me or two guests in front of me, chill the **** out. I used to work there. I know how things go. Don't get pissy with me when I offer assistance and tell you that I worked there for over a year.

if some random person i didn't know started telling me what to do at work i would get upset too.

I have to agree. I hate when people come in and tell me they used to (or still do) work for Target and know how things work.

if some random person i didn't know started telling me what to do at work i would get upset too.

I make it clear that I'm only trying to help and I used to cashier. That makes them even *****ier. Especially the younger ones who think the world revolves around them. Let's see how they like that job six months from now and see if they survived as long as I did before they go "**** it" and walk out.

again, if some random person i didn't know that doesn't even work there anymore tried to tell me how to do my job i would ignore them and get upset if they kept bugging me. You don't work there anymore and shouldn't be trying to butt in while a cashier is checking someone out. If i was the GSTL in that store and came over and you were trying to help I would ask you to stop.

to the softlines team members tonight-UMMM, did all of you take a whiny pill tonight? Believe me, I know how busy it was tonight (most of the night there was a wait for the fitting room plus I came in to 2 carts of reshop that needed sorting) and it was not made any easier by the whining.

Only 2 carts? Thats a great night! LOL!

that's what the lazy day time fitting room operator left me...it's usually only one with another up front waiting for me. So tonight it was the 2 FULL carts and then the one up front. I did another 4 or 5 (lost count) through the night. Did not sit down, except on my half, all night.

To that one team member I used to work with in Electronics (before I got a promotion)- I'm glad I don't have to deal with your many carts of go-backs, you never zoning ever, you taking 4 hours to put up one tv, you showing up to work high or hung over, you never helping guests, and you miraculously not getting fired for not doing you job!!!!

*end of rant* I feel better now! lol

to the HL team members who helped, willing or not, with softlines reshop all day. YOU ALL ROCK!! (when I got in today the TL told me that they walked into a bunch of unsorted carts back at the fitting room...which they know weren't left from me)
to our new STL-god bless you for seeing that softlines was going to drown and having hl help all day. And for hearing me when I said that I didn't leave the unsorted carts.
to the opening FRO-thank you so much for staying an extra hour and a half to help with the mounds of reshop carts. I am going to miss you when you are gone in a little more than a week. You were having focus problems the last few weeks but I always know that you try your hardest to keep the fitting room brand.
to my favorite reshopper-I am going to miss you when you are gone after next week also.

To the new know it all tl, if you aren't finished with the ad setup, please say something before I sent all my folks home to save payroll. My ad was done by 9am. To my favorite etl, thanks for your help in getting the ad signs up.

Last edited:
To my ETL-HL who was randomly transferred to another store: You may not have been particularly useful sometimes, but you're a nice guy and I wish you the best of luck in your new store.

To my SrTL-HL who is leaving Target: Good luck with your new job!

To my GSTL-turned-Hardlines TL-turned-"temporary" SrTL: How you aren't an ETL by now is beyond me. Since one of our SrTLs-HL is leaving, I hope you get to at least stay a SrTL.

To that new TM in Hardlines: If you're in HBA, you should probably answer when the GSTL calls for a TM in HBA on the walkie. Our STL isn't always going to remind you.

To the cashier who either calls in or leaves early almost every shift: stop it! When you show up, you are one of the hardest workers I have. I can't send all my cashiers out to zone because I'll never see them again, but you actually pay attention to the lanes. Please stop ditching, you haven't even been here 90 days yet.

To several Team Members, contrary to what seems to be popular belief, Cart Attendants cannot be at multiple places at once. I know sometimes it may seem like we are magical beings, but we are, in fact, only human. We cannot bring in carts, clean the restrooms, clean up spills, take care of trash, take care of hangers, respond to backup calls, etc., all at the same time. If we could do multiple things at once, we would be in a different line of work.

To our guy in receiving, I'm sorry I didn't get your desperate signal to quit doing the 'Pinky and Brain' routine that we usually do.
The new ETL standing off to one side obviously didn't get it, had no idea what the hell was going on and didn't find it funny.
What I'm most sorry for was bailing on you and leaving it for you to explain the whole thing.
Very uncool.

To some members of the pfresh team, merchandise have to be stocked in the home location which has preference over the flex location so please don't argue with me. It is for inventory purposes.

To tomorrow morning's team, I apologize in advance for the ridiculous amount of reshop left over from tonight. We had barely anyone on the floor, and I would've loved to get through the 3+ carts of Toys/Sporting Goods had I not had to respond first to backup cash.

Challgene yourself, with speed & time. It's a great opp for you to show that you can multitask & get it done.
Go for big items first, them smaller stuff.

To our HR TL: As dumb as you are most of the time, you were really helpful today. Thank you for backup cashing when we had barely anyone on the floor.

our store tends to use the term 'short people' and short handed'

my apologies to anyone else who offended by these short jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back