To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corporate: you really need to figure out how to allow us to transfer someone BACK to the store. If they can call the regular store number and choose "pharmacy," its asinine that we can't then transfer them BACK to the store. (Yes, I'm aware we can dial 9+store number, but there should be an easier way...)

ttotl: really funny that now that i am not with the company you act like you care about me and how i am doing......

TTOTM: Can you please not take down random endcaps to put a few clearance items on them? Especially endcaps where the items don't have another location. It would be even better if you didn't leave them tied, forcing the backroom to keep putting the items on the line, and hardlines to keep bringing them back.

I can't wait for E2E so all teams can work together to keep the floor full.

TTOTM: Can you please not take down random endcaps to put a few clearance items on them? Especially endcaps where the items don't have another location. It would be even better if you didn't leave them tied, forcing the backroom to keep putting the items on the line, and hardlines to keep bringing them back.

I can't wait for E2E so all teams can work together to keep the floor full.

Forget the sarcasm font? I know we will work so well together. :rolleyes:

Forget the sarcasm font? I know we will work so well together. :rolleyes:
Nope I'm serious. The pricing TM does whatever they want as long as it benefits pricing. In another section, POG team reset an aisle but didn't drop a batch because it was all big and heavy stuff, so now the aisle just sits half empty.

E2E will make people care about specific areas of the store instead of doing their specific job at the cost of the store looking shitty.

Whoever scheduled me 8 hour mid shifts 3 days in a row can go die right now.

11-8:30 come on. Gonna try to swap these for open/close shifts.

E2E will make people care about specific areas of the store instead of doing their specific job at the cost of the store looking shitty.

You can't make people care.

And on another note: TTOSTL - Thank you for badassery today.. With five cashier call outs before 9am, the one that pushed your buttons is now fired.. When she told you she was thinking of putting in her two weeks, you just told her not to bother coming back her two weeks was accepted and already done..

And to the entire Flow Team: Please for the love of god can you finish a fucking truck on a Saturday.. Might as well schedule me under flow since that is all I do on Saturdays anymore.. 10 carts of cosmetics and HBA? Really??? And I had to break them out as well.. What the fuck are you guys doing?

TTOTM: You chatted with me as you attempted to fold a shirt to make my job easier, even though you work Electronics at a completely different Target. I really did appreciate the effort and the chat, and I'm thinking of saying hi next time I need printer ink.

I'm at the point where I don't know if these small interactions I do with fellow TMs actually matter or not.

It's hard to tell. Reading posts like these help put things into perspective. Just wish I knew that what I did at work really mattered.

I'm at the point where I don't know if these small interactions I do with fellow TMs actually matter or not.

It's hard to tell. Reading posts like these help put things into perspective. Just wish I knew that what I did at work really mattered.

I get you on that. Personally it doesn't matter, unless you are looking to promote or you actually care about sales not so much the guest cause they will work your last nerve. But making sure they spend as much money as you can get them to so that you hopefully get hours to pay your bills. Then it matters but others will seemingly do everything in their power to make that not happen. Balance is what I had to learn. Oh Flow fubar'd the entire Method section in chem? Leave it, and call LOD over to document but nope don't fix it. I can't fix every mistake I see that effects my work, just skip it and move on. Document for when you get asked why you skipped so many. Put that back on the team that screwed up.

Just wish I knew that what I did at work really mattered.

Shoot for small victories. Keep your eyes and ears open and you will see the payoff for the small victories. For example the last day I was at work SL was a hot mess. I knew I couldn't get it up to par by the end of my shift, that it would still be a hot mess when I left. I was folding a table of men's shirts when a woman walked by me and said "Thanks (not my name but starts with the same letter)" as she walked past. I was scratching my head for half an hour on that one, and then I realized that she had been the woman in the aisle looking at the swimsuits facing the aisle while I was putting the swimwear reshop away. She had been complaining about the lack of modesty the tops had, since she was going to be taking her kids with her she didn't want risque. I had grabbed a top that was more of a tube than two triangles and showed her and she said that cut had been what she was looking for. So small victory, I found what she wanted, I made the store a sell, and she remembered me even when I was crouched down, my nametag hidden by the table, folding a shirt on the bottom.

I think it's human nature to not realize how much "Thank you" is needed. We feel it and we just think it's obvious to the other person, so the words themselves might not get said. If a coworker always seems happy when you get in though, obviously whatever you are doing at work matters to that person, even if the words were never said.

I just want to say at the GS whether your a ™ or guest it's awesome when you're nice to us, we deal with rude guests all day.

And I do return it-- I thank every ™ who comes for reshop or anything else.

To the target app developers, what are you doing? Searching by dpci is broken or removed, and search filters are hit or miss. I never have equipment so I can't look up prices without walking to a price checker now.

Shoot for small victories. Keep your eyes and ears open and you will see the payoff for the small victories. For example the last day I was at work SL was a hot mess. I knew I couldn't get it up to par by the end of my shift, that it would still be a hot mess when I left. I was folding a table of men's shirts when a woman walked by me and said "Thanks (not my name but starts with the same letter)" as she walked past. I was scratching my head for half an hour on that one, and then I realized that she had been the woman in the aisle looking at the swimsuits facing the aisle while I was putting the swimwear reshop away. She had been complaining about the lack of modesty the tops had, since she was going to be taking her kids with her she didn't want risque. I had grabbed a top that was more of a tube than two triangles and showed her and she said that cut had been what she was looking for. So small victory, I found what she wanted, I made the store a sell, and she remembered me even when I was crouched down, my nametag hidden by the table, folding a shirt on the bottom.

I think it's human nature to not realize how much "Thank you" is needed. We feel it and we just think it's obvious to the other person, so the words themselves might not get said. If a coworker always seems happy when you get in though, obviously whatever you are doing at work matters to that person, even if the words were never said.

Yeah, you're right.

Often we're so preoccupied with our jobs and don't pay enough attention to the small things. I know I do.
It often feels like just the " same shit, different day ".

Maybe I'm too jaded and burnt out. I'm at a loss for words right now.

I may be mistaken because it's been a long time, but there is or was a keypad that you could bring up on the scanner. I have not tried this in a long time but if I remember will give it a shot tomorrow. I only get a my device on Saturday.

The mess you made and routinely make in office supplies has pissed me off to the point that I am making a deliberate effort to find out who you are and have you canned. You apparently think zoning is sliding product to cover outs regardless of price. Some items were a ten dollar discrepancy. A toddler would have made less mess. There are cameras...

Ttotm- Its actually rude to ask me a question then see another TM and interrupt my conversation about a non-work conversation. I wanted to punch you in the face. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back