To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
to that one team member, i'm glad i won't see you for a week ... and thanks for starting to respect me as a human f'n being. it's about damn time you schmuck

We have a District Comp Shopper who does it for my store and 2 or 3 others since not every store in the district requires to be CS. When she is in vacation, then each PATL from their respective store will do their own Comp Shop. I don't mind doing it cause that means for 1 week, and 1 week only, I am allowed OT since it is done on my time, I must wear regular clothes since you CANNOT wear red and khaki while doing this, and those hours then get charged to District.

We have a District Comp Shopper who does it for my store and 2 or 3 others since not every store in the district requires to be CS. When she is in vacation, then each PATL from their respective store will do their own Comp Shop. I don't mind doing it cause that means for 1 week, and 1 week only, I am allowed OT since it is done on my time, I must wear regular clothes since you CANNOT wear red and khaki while doing this, and those hours then get charged to District.

Oh, I wish my PATL did the shop occasionally. I don't think she fully understands how it works, like how long it takes, etc. I wish I got OT for it...instead they just factor it into the week.

Hey, LOD, I don't quite understand your logic. We finish all of tomorrow's work for PA and there's literally nothing to do: pulls and reshop are caught up. So why did you send the other TM I was working with home but kept me to work on pulls? I know he stayed an hour late last week...I did, too, because you made me after I said no because of plans. So I can't leave early because I need to stand around with the other SF people who are waiting for pulls to drop? Next time we're short on payroll, don't say anything.
P.S. Since there were no pulls, I went and backstocked electronics lockup and another random cart back there. At least the BR was appreciative.

HR, no, I was not hired with complete open availability all weekend. I cannot work until 2pm on Sundays. Period. End of discussion. You all wrote it down and had me sign off on that when I was hired, and no, no one tried to talk me out of that or discussed it with me during my interviews...including you when you extended the offer. Luckily it was written down in my file, so you see you all agreed to it and are stuck with it. I don't know why it was entered wrong in the system, but you had best change that like you said you would. Guess you all should examine availability when you do the hiring, eh? I can't believe that not being available until 2pm on Sundays is really a big deal. Surely you need someone to work in the later afternoons/evenings.

You give me zero faith in what's going to happen when I have to change my availability for school come September.

I can't believe that not being available until 2pm on Sundays is really a big deal.

I've had similar availability on Sundays since I got hired (because I go to church in the morning), and my HR hasn't given me any problems. Sounds like either someone is slacking or someone's a jerk.

Surely you need someone to work in the later afternoons/evenings.

We do need someone to work in the later afternoons/evenings. And don't call me Shirley.

I've had similar availability on Sundays since I got hired (because I go to church in the morning), and my HR hasn't given me any problems. Sounds like either someone is slacking or someone's a jerk.

We do need someone to work in the later afternoons/evenings. And don't call me Shirley.

I'm not sure who makes the schedule, at my store I know its one of my GSTL's, so you should probably talk to them if you have any problems. I know a few people at my store can only and ONLY work during a set time bcus they have another job to go to afterwards, so their availability is pretty strict. But my Target has some specific rules for availability, like having at least a few days + a weekend open, but any issues you can talk to HR about and they can sort something out.

To my Rx team...well, a couple members...thanks for stepping up to help when I needed it. I hope you know that I TRULY appreciate it :)

Whoever scheduled next to nobody on a Friday night...thanks a lot. Trying on clothes is an Olympic sport in the summer at my store, and only have me (FRO) and one softlines person...you've got to be kidding. Having me zone half of softlines and then having AP come after me to make sure I'm sweeping the FR and counting items...I can't do it all. Of course, I found six tags after our TPS left. Seriously, I'm over this. I hope the opening team today enjoyed the two full z-racks (one entirely of swimwear), two full racks, five unsorted carts, and four sorted carts.

Six more weeks...six more weeks...

To the "borrowed tech", I don't care HOW you do it at YOUR store, when one of us politely explains to you how we do it at OUR store, don't spend the next 5 minutes telling us how "none of the stores you've ever worked at have done things that way." Maybe THAT'S why our pharmacy is "all green" and always ends up MUCH higher on reviews/audits/visits/etc. than yours!

Oh, and also, at OUR pharmacy, we add ALL of the water to the suspensions....thanks for making the pharmacist have to contact the guest AND file an incident report, not to mention, possibly endangering the young guest!!!

Um...what reason could anyone have for NOT adding all of the water to a suspension? Some of those are tricky enough to make non-goopy even with all of the water.

HR, no, I was not hired with complete open availability all weekend. I cannot work until 2pm on Sundays. Period. End of discussion. You all wrote it down and had me sign off on that when I was hired, and no, no one tried to talk me out of that or discussed it with me during my interviews...including you when you extended the offer. Luckily it was written down in my file, so you see you all agreed to it and are stuck with it. I don't know why it was entered wrong in the system, but you had best change that like you said you would. Guess you all should examine availability when you do the hiring, eh? I can't believe that not being available until 2pm on Sundays is really a big deal. Surely you need someone to work in the later afternoons/evenings.

You give me zero faith in what's going to happen when I have to change my availability for school come September.

If they said they were taking care of it, it doesn't sound like they're making a big deal out of it. When you were filling out your app, did you put on there that you were open all weekend? If you did that, and then changed your availability at the interview (which is okay, since they would still be able to take your availability into consideration), it's likely that the HR team wasn't notified to change your availability before making the schedule.

If you put that you couldn't work until 2 PM on Sundays on your application, then it was probably just an oversight. When HR is editing the schedule, mistakes can happen. If they go to schedule someone outside of their availability, it doesn't give them any sort of warning. The HR team needs to pay attention and try to avoid these oversights, but mistakes do happen.

Also, don't be surprised if people ask you to work a shift on a Sunday morning. You're far from the first TM to say they can't work Sunday mornings, but the store does need people there to work. Nobody should be forcing you to work outside of your availability, but the may ask.

It was on my original app. Supposedly the ETL didn't put it in the system correctly. And when I start my church internship this fall, they can ask all they want, but the answer will be no. :)

This HR is not the most helpful person in the store. When she wrote down my first week's schedule, she wrote down the time on my sheet and put another time in the system, making me look like a complete fool. Luckily I just ended up being an hour early. Also, I keep asking about eHR and her only response continues to be, yeah, we need to get you set up for that.

Last edited:
to all of the new dimwits, errr tm's, in our store, please, please, PLEASE learn the job!! And listen when somebody tells you something for the umpteenth time. It ain't rocket science, people!!

To a tm :WORK!!!! It's that simple ! Stop playing with your hair ,stop disapearing for 17 mn while taking a pallet to the floor while the store is closed .you are not even bowling it ,you are supposedely just dropping it off !!!!
Stop being so lazy ! Just quit already !

to that team member who likes to talk to me during my break/lunch
i'm reading a book. i don't like you. please stop talking. thanks.

To Miss Whiney-Hiney: You are a walking crisis center.
People don't like to work the counter with you because all you do is complain about your current status. You have a roof over your head, food in your house & a job.
You're fortunate: most folks only have 2 out of 3.

To Miss Whiney-Hiney: You are a walking crisis center.
People don't like to work the counter with you because all you do is complain about your current status. You have a roof over your head, food in your house & a job.
You're fortunate: most folks only have 2 out of 3.

Sounds like one of our softlines brand TMs who always complains about having to back-up cash.

To the aforementioned softlines brand TM: Everyone else on the floor has to respond to back-up, there's no reason why you should be an exception. And stop whining, nobody cares.

To that one cashier who disappears for a "restroom break" that lasts way longer than her regular 15 minute break: I am finally on to you since you were seen texting in the bathroom and goofing off. Next time you ask to go, your break starts right then.

I am the last person to say someone is not allowed to go to the bathroom, by the way, but this girl abuses it constantly and I am done with it.

To the ETL-HR who gripes and moans about payroll, but schedules 6 TL's at the same time for their daily stand around and talk about spiderman meeting, ... thanks so much for making my money problems reappear.

To that one cashier who disappears for a "restroom break" that lasts way longer than her regular 15 minute break: I am finally on to you since you were seen texting in the bathroom and goofing off. Next time you ask to go, your break starts right then.

I am the last person to say someone is not allowed to go to the bathroom, by the way, but this girl abuses it constantly and I am done with it.
Our ETL told us to tell TMs to put their cells in the locker. There's a clock on the register so they don't need it for time & emergencies can/do go through the store.

This happens to me ALL THE TIME. I'm like, "Hello, don't you see I'm immersed in my book and not answering you?!"

I have one SL team member (I am FR) that I try and make sure we aren't on the same break schedule....otherwise my book gets just a paragraph read and I go back on the floor grumpy because of her non stop loop.

Our ETL told us to tell TMs to put their cells in the locker. There's a clock on the register so they don't need it for time & emergencies can/do go through the store.

I keep mine on me at all times on vibrate. I check the registers for time/date but there is absolutely no-way I'm going to tell my family members that 'hey if there's an emergency, and it's during these random four hour intervals throughout the week, dont call me to help you, call target! wait through the insipid phone menu, tell the operator to ask the LOD to take a call for me on LINENUMBER, then wait for the LOD to stop talking about spiderman products or their bridal shower, and they will have me pick up that line ... eventually. Then I will be able to call you back or come help you whenever my next break is scheduled, if there's someone around on our woefully inadequate payroll to cover electronics.'

:wacko:

I have one SL team member (I am FR) that I try and make sure we aren't on the same break schedule....otherwise my book gets just a paragraph read and I go back on the floor grumpy because of her non stop loop.

Agreed. Are you sure you're not in my store? I get the recurrent 'here are stupid things about my life you didnt ask for' loop as well as the 'turn your walkie off in the breakroom, i dont wanna hear it' .... sigh, heaven forbid I make sure the people covering electronics section have access to knowledge about *gasp* electronics

Dear vendor....after you left, I lost count of the number of sales sodas you lost out on to your competitors because you didn't rotate the warm ones to the back when you stocked your single serve fridge. Luckily your competitors are smarter than that so I don't think Spot lost any sales...just your company. Your boss would be proud, I'm sure.

Dear vendor....after you left, I lost count of the number of sales sodas you lost out on to your competitors because you didn't rotate the warm ones to the back when you stocked your single serve fridge. Luckily your competitors are smarter than that so I don't think Spot lost any sales...just your company. Your boss would be proud, I'm sure.
Let your ctl know that fact. They love beating up on soda vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back