To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOGSA. It is NOT a smart idea to ask on channel one if Dunbar has been by, because you have two cash deposits. Also, it irks me to hear lod to the cash office for Dunbar. That is simply unsafe and very stupid.

Agreed. But make sure your poor GSTM's know the appropriate code language. It took me almost a full year to find out what 239 was. Until that point, I was calling out "LOD to SD for vendor assistance".

TTOGSA. It is NOT a smart idea to ask on channel one if Dunbar has been by, because you have two cash deposits. Also, it irks me to hear lod to the cash office for Dunbar. That is simply unsafe and very stupid.

We just call out “LOD - man in blue” and leave it at that. They know what it means but the guests don’t.

It took me almost a full year to find out what 239 wa

Oh, is that what that means? I hear "close 239" in the evenings a lot, and figured it must have something to do with the registers or CO, but couldn't quite figure out what.

Oh, is that what that means? I hear "close 239" in the evenings a lot, and figured it must have something to do with the registers or CO, but couldn't quite figure out what.
3239 is the phone extension for the CO. I guess it used to be just 239 before digital phones, so some stores just call it that. We call out "LOD to 3239."

3239 is the phone extension for the CO. I guess it used to be just 239 before digital phones, so some stores just call it that. We call out "LOD to 3239."

Yup or rather than saying AP we say 209.

Yep, at my store it’s just ‘LOD - 239, LOD - 239’, both for when the money pickup guys are here as well as when cash officers TM needs to be let in.

TTOETL. Why in the fucking hell would you drop a whole weeks worth of the pogs at once. Now all that shit is going to rollover into cafs and sit on the line. It's not that hard to not fuck shit up , but there you are.
...pog fills that aren't done roll into the CAFs?

Shit, that explains a lot.

TTO TL/ETL-
Bruh.
I’m scheduled a 4 hour shift in softlines. I understand hours are gonna be cut this time of the year, but how do you expect me to zone through men’s, boys, and shoes, AND complete all reshop in 4 hours...? Also add in the fact that I’m the only GS trained person on the floor that night. So I’m constantly going up for cashier backup and guest service.

...pog fills that aren't done roll into the CAFs?

Shit, that explains a lot.

Yep. My A&A TL does this ALL.THE.TIME!!!! I think she views it as a time-saving strategy...... for herself. I've told her numerous times that she's "dumping" her workload on the Backroom Team. In turn, I get a blank stare, then a sheepish giggle, and then some comment about a green POG metric. :mad::mad::mad:
I only see a green "dumb bitch" metric.

Yep. My A&A TL does this ALL.THE.TIME!!!! I think she views it as a time-saving strategy...... for herself. I've told her numerous times that she's "dumping" her workload on the Backroom Team. In turn, I get a blank stare, then a sheepish giggle, and then some comment about a green POG metric. :mad::mad::mad:
I only see a green "dumb bitch" metric.
What tends to happen with us is that our ETL-Log pressures us into tieing anything that could possibly be done, but then it doesn't get done so we never tell BR about the pog fill. BR pulls our batches regardless, but anything they think could be ours gets left for us, which leads to some interesting situations when it isn't actually ours.

Okay ETL Remodel if you want the signing to be two days behind because you want me pushing fine

I'm perfectly fine having two days of half-assing my job

Okay ETL Remodel if you want the signing to be two days behind because you want me pushing fine

That's me, when an ETL comes to help pack and asks why everything is a mess and none of the packing supplies are stocked...after refusing to schedule SFS according to the forecasted hours for weeks.

That's me, when an ETL comes to help pack and asks why everything is a mess and none of the packing supplies are stocked...after refusing to schedule SFS according to the forecasted hours for weeks.

Oh gawd yes..

Or when I walk into work and I can't even get to the packing desk for hours since the truck still has pallets everywhere and random shit from everywhere is left on the desk when I finally get to it. Then I can actually figure out what the closer last night didn't do. Like here are all these random boxes with stuff in them that they never finished. And when you talk to them "Well the LOD wanted everything scanned out so I just dumped the orders in boxes cause he wanted to cut the last hour off my shift, he said he would finish it." <facepalm> no lie..

Yeah he finished packing the orders. Nothing stocked, printer empty and half the stuff from the day before all the SIO orders still on the floor.

Day three: the fucking remodel team dicked around and now I have to push the entire board game wall.

THREE days behind.

TTO Pharmacist: I get that you can't leave the Pharmacy and you need to eat too...but please consider not eating whatever the hell it is that stinks up half the store for an hour after heating it up. If I'm gagging from it in the backroom, I can only imagine what your customers have to go through up close.

one of the cashiers today told a guest something real stupid.

he turned around and told two little kids standing in the cart to "please sit down, you do NOT want to be standing in your cart." and they kind of just slowly sit down in the cart as their mom just kind of stares at him and he looks at her and says "Sorry... it's just TARGET POLICY and stuff you know.." and she's like "oh.. well, thank you..?"

holy shit I've never felt so weird and annoyed in my life

one of the cashiers today told a guest something real stupid.

he turned around and told two little kids standing in the cart to "please sit down, you do NOT want to be standing in your cart." and they kind of just slowly sit down in the cart as their mom just kind of stares at him and he looks at her and says "Sorry... it's just TARGET POLICY and stuff you know.." and she's like "oh.. well, thank you..?"

holy shit I've never felt so weird and annoyed in my life
I don’t remember if you’re a TL or not but I would report that to a TL if you aren’t one... they should be coached. You can’t just name drop target policy whenever you want.

When I worked at Office Max they did have that policy, and we had to enforce it. It sucked, because parents who let their kids stand in the cart in the first place tend to be entitled, clueless, and/or stupid and would get really pissed at us for trying to enforce it. But if their kid fell out and cracked their head open you know they'd sue, because stupid and/or entitled, so I guess I can't fault them for having the policy...

I don’t remember if you’re a TL or not but I would report that to a TL if you aren’t one... they should be coached. You can’t just name drop target policy whenever you want.
But at the same time, what other leverage is there? If one of the kids fell out of the cart, then the cashier would likely be fired for witnessing an unsafe situation and not taking steps to ensure safety. Plus Target would have a good chance of being sued for unsafe carts and for not having warning labels on the carts saying not to stand in them, and if Target is sued then the cashier would be thrown under the bus in court for his failure to take action.

That's just legally. What if one of the kids did fall and the cashier witnessed his skull breaking? That would be a horrible memory to live with, you could have intervened and protected the child but instead you held your tongue which allowed for a debilitating lifelong disability or death? That your lack of action caused the child's injury or death?

Sometimes you can get good results by saying "Don't do (action). I don't want to fill out all the paperwork if you get hurt/(worst injury I can think of on the spot)." It's a bit of humor which makes most parents feel like they aren't being judged. But it doesn't work on everyone.

I didn’t say don’t say anything. I just said don’t name drop target policy and talk to a guest like they did.

The stickers for kids used to be aimed at kids who were sitting nicely in carts vs standing or lying on the flat part at the bottom (oh god I hate seeing these--so dangerous!) but, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back