To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one hardlines TM...yeah, I get you are lazy, and basically clueless...but seriously...stop bringing strays that need to be back stocked up to the service desk! The backroom is in the back...I am in the front...I cannot leave to put them back there. And all I can do is sort them in the correct bin for them to go round and round until either they sell on the floor or someone else takes them to back stock. So stop trying to dump them off on me and do your damn job.

Again, I had another item number today that I couldn't punch in the PDA because it wasn't an item carried at our store. It was an "as is" item that we were trying to get rid of...so someone had marked over the original UPC so I couldn't scan the bar code. I had a guest wanting to know if it had gone clearance yet because she had been watching it for a few months. After the PDA wouldn't bring it up for me, I called the LOD to punch in the numbers but refused to...not seeing the point, who came over with the GSA...they both looked at me like I was stupid as I tried to explain what had gone down the weekend before and what I needed.

The GSA punched the numbers into my PDA to show me how to do it, and looked confused when it wouldn't show up on the PDA. So I again asked the LOD to punch it in (which if she had done it 5 minutes earlier instead of ignoring me over the walkie because she decided I didn't need her help, things would have gone a lot smoother). She did, and she was able to get it to come up saying we didn't sell it in the store.

Neither one would acknowledge that I wasn't a complete idiot for asking the LOD to look it up on her PDA. And I thought of you all...and knowing this will create some more conversation....but apparently, if the item is not originally sold in the store you are standing in, you can't look it up by the DPCI number unless you are logged in as someone higher than a TM (not sure if a TL can do it).

Again, I had another item number today that I couldn't punch in the PDA because it wasn't an item carried at our store. It was an "as is" item that we were trying to get rid of...so someone had marked over the original UPC so I couldn't scan the bar code. I had a guest wanting to know if it had gone clearance yet because she had been watching it for a few months. After the PDA wouldn't bring it up for me, I called the LOD to punch in the numbers but refused to...not seeing the point, who came over with the GSA...they both looked at me like I was stupid as I tried to explain what had gone down the weekend before and what I needed.

The GSA punched the numbers into my PDA to show me how to do it, and looked confused when it wouldn't show up on the PDA. So I again asked the LOD to punch it in (which if she had done it 5 minutes earlier instead of ignoring me over the walkie because she decided I didn't need her help, things would have gone a lot smoother). She did, and she was able to get it to come up saying we didn't sell it in the store.

Neither one would acknowledge that I wasn't a complete idiot for asking the LOD to look it up on her PDA. And I thought of you all...and knowing this will create some more conversation....but apparently, if the item is not originally sold in the store you are standing in, you can't look it up by the DPCI number unless you are logged in as someone higher than a TM (not sure if a TL can do it).

that is one that I can't get either, the other one is if it's been out of our store for about 3 months (I think it is). BUT if it is an AS IS or Online Only item it won't go any farther down in price because it is already greatly reduced. Our price accuracy watches those and repackages to make sure they aren't just sitting there....he said something to the effect that he can drop it farther or get it off the sales floor so it isn't "stale"

Fyi,

as-is and online only stickers will not scan into item search or price inquiry with any extensive details. Those prices are what they are, and don't change unless someone manually prints a new AS-IS sticker for it.

These types of items are already considered "clearance" and are located on the same clearance back endcaps usually... However they don't follow the same pricing scheme. The price is tied to the red-sticker and not the UPC (hence why it was covered up). Pretty similar to how you would do a re-package.

The guest had brought it up because she had been watching it for a few months and was wondering if that was still the right price, because she was hoping it would go clearance. The LOD "clearanced" it down to get it the heck put of our store.

Here is a little quiz for everyone. When you are on flow team, or sales floor and you bring back cardboard, you notice that the cardboard cage is overflowing. Do you a) set up a new cardboard cage, or b) throw your cardboard on top and let everything fall on the floor? If you work at my store and answered "b," I hate you. Six or seven regular carts full of cardboard (AND TRASH ARRGHGH), two cages (we have five!) just piled full of stuff that falls everywhere as soon as you so much as sneeze near it. And of course, the baler is completely full. But don't worry, just leave it for the magical Backroom Cardboard Fairy, because I TOTALLY have time to take care of it on a Saturday! Thanks for making a giant safety hazard! VIBE CARDS FOR EVERYONE!

To that one ETL that recently got terminated: you are the definition of a arrogant prick. You made the dumbest decisions possible and never double checked your work (which eventually cost you). When someone came to to talk about an issue they had with you, you would pretend there wasn't a problem and dismiss it. You were consistently rude whenever someone attempted to be cordial. You used people on other teams to further your own goals and success. Good riddance.

This is what can happen when they hire college grads who don't know a damn thing about retail and put them in power positions. I have forgotten more about things we have done than many of these ETLs do, even some that are on the STL bench.

Here is a little quiz for everyone. When you are on flow team, or sales floor and you bring back cardboard, you notice that the cardboard cage is overflowing. Do you a) set up a new cardboard cage, or b) throw your cardboard on top and let everything fall on the floor? If you work at my store and answered "b," I hate you. Six or seven regular carts full of cardboard (AND TRASH ARRGHGH), two cages (we have five!) just piled full of stuff that falls everywhere as soon as you so much as sneeze near it. And of course, the baler is completely full. But don't worry, just leave it for the magical Backroom Cardboard Fairy, because I TOTALLY have time to take care of it on a Saturday! Thanks for making a giant safety hazard! VIBE CARDS FOR EVERYONE!

C: I would be doing the bale with back room person. I am real bad at doing the wires.

You can log into the PDA under an ETL if you need to. When this happens at my store, I just take the item to guest services, and scan it under "sort stuff". If it is online or as-is it will automatically print the ticket out. And if someone does not go down enough to sell it, you can manually bring it down more under "SIM" (single-item markdown) to whatever price you would like. We do this a lot with larger items that we want to get rid of fast.

I've never had it not bring up the price or say "item not sold at your store" though, but I've always been logged in under GSTL. I would say change your access level from Salesfloor TM to ETL-GE or something.

C: I would be doing the bale with back room person. I am real bad at doing the wires.
just grab me :balemakingking:

just grab me :balemakingking:

Before or after the wires pop?

You can log into the PDA under an ETL if you need to. When this happens at my store, I just take the item to guest services, and scan it under "sort stuff". If it is online or as-is it will automatically print the ticket out. And if someone does not go down enough to sell it, you can manually bring it down more under "SIM" (single-item markdown) to whatever price you would like. We do this a lot with larger items that we want to get rid of fast.

I've never had it not bring up the price or say "item not sold at your store" though, but I've always been logged in under GSTL. I would say change your access level from Salesfloor TM to ETL-GE or something.

You should never change your work center in the pda. Everything is tracked and you could get in big trouble for it. Just bring the item to price change or an LOD.

Fyi,

as-is and online only stickers will not scan into item search or price inquiry with any extensive details. Those prices are what they are, and don't change unless someone manually prints a new AS-IS sticker for it.

These types of items are already considered "clearance" and are located on the same clearance back endcaps usually... However they don't follow the same pricing scheme. The price is tied to the red-sticker and not the UPC (hence why it was covered up). Pretty similar to how you would do a re-package.

same quote as above

If you have an item that is not sold at your store and does not have a red barcode ticket, it should say "Item is not sold at your store" in Item Search or "Item not on file" in RF Apps. If you scan it on a register, it will ask "How much is this?". So scan it in Sort Stuff at Guest Service. It will print out a red barcode ticket saying either "As Is" or "Online Only" (if the item is not sold by Target at all or the UPC is broken, Sort Stuff will say "Give to Price Accuracy"). That barcode will not scan on the PDA or in Sort Stuff, but it will scan at the lanes if a guest is buying it. If the item has that red barcode ticket, the UPC should be canceled (crossed out or covered).

RG, if you ever have a guest asking about an item with an "As Is" or "Online Only" ticket, the price will not decrease because it has already been cut significantly to get the item out of the store. Explain to the guest that the item will not be replenished because your store doesn't normally carry it, and that you only have it because another guest returned it after buying it at another store or online.

To my ETL-HR, I hope to god you agree to "change my status" or whatever needs to be done ASAP! I'm getting tired of having other people login to everything for me so I can do my job.

to the closing LOD-thanks for ordering definitely enough food for the closing team tonight. Thank you for not shooing us out of the store after we clocked out so that 6 of us could watch our team win the super bowl!! Thank you to the tm's for not stealing food...taking only what you would eat (and a few extras after everybody ate).

to the TM who took one of those softline shift with no training....good job!! It does help it was kind of (understatement) slow tonight but it looks like we haven't had proper coverage in a while.
To the closing fitting room attendant (me)-thank you for leaving a fairly clean fitting room....especially with zoning men's and helping in shoes....because the opening fitting room operator (again me) is sure to have a couple of special projects to do because of the Super Bowl outcome. This one is totally because no one, but me, is ever going really to notice how much I did tonight and will turn around to do tomorrow...and is totally tongue in cheek.

To that Market TM...

You arrogant son of a gun. You are danged lucky you were not around when I came in today and read your little "note" in the pFresh communication log, because I would have probably said something I would have regretted. I'm sorry if you had a bad close last night, but to go off at me (didn't name names but we all know who you meant) because you didn't like how I did the mid was uncalled for. It was the FREAKIN DAY BEFORE THE SUPERBOWL. It was danged busy and you know that! I can assure you, I did NOT sit on my butt all day like you seem to think I did and palm off a list of tasks on you because I'm too danged lazy. That's rude, insulting and is a hilarious case of the pot calling the kettle black, because you're one of the slowest TM's we have and have to be babysat on EVERRRRRRYTHING.

You're lucky I had 7 hours to cool down before deciding that I'm too big to mess with your petty crap. I'm not going to do anything, aside from maybe make our TL aware that you thought I was lying when I told you that SHE wanted you to do that stuff last night. Trust me, I don't think she's going to be happy about that. Not only was every single thing that I told you a direct request from HER, but it wouldn't matter because she's given me permission to assign you a task list when you're alone because "initiate" is a foreign concept to you. Did it ever occur to you that the reason why the ETL was probably on your case last night was because OUR TL asked him to hold you accountable? Ever thought of THAT?!

Ugh. You annoy me and you're lucky we aren't working together for awhile. That was the most personal insult to my work ethic I've ever received to my face (I know I've gotten them to my back, but at least my TL's had the decency to be offended on my behalf), and that hurt.

----

Sorry about all the venting, but I had to do it and I'm not one of those people who vents and complains to other TM's. I meant it when I said that I'm not going to do anything except make sure our TL knows that he had issues with the list she left him. :p She was with me practically the whole day so she can vouch for what I did.

You should never change your work center in the pda. Everything is tracked and you could get in big trouble for it. Just bring the item to price change or an LOD.

Is it really considered that big of a deal? I know many TMs that are logged as ETLs and not as TM and nothing has ever happened to them

I used to log in under GSTL and no one cared. I just log in under GSA now though, since I got a lot of extra alerts that I didn't need under GSTL that I didn't give 2 ****s about.

If you have an item that is not sold at your store and does not have a red barcode ticket, it should say "Item is not sold at your store" in Item Search or "Item not on file" in RF Apps. If you scan it on a register, it will ask "How much is this?". So scan it in Sort Stuff at Guest Service. It will print out a red barcode ticket saying either "As Is" or "Online Only" (if the item is not sold by Target at all or the UPC is broken, Sort Stuff will say "Give to Price Accuracy"). That barcode will not scan on the PDA or in Sort Stuff, but it will scan at the lanes if a guest is buying it. If the item has that red barcode ticket, the UPC should be canceled (crossed out or covered).

RG, if you ever have a guest asking about an item with an "As Is" or "Online Only" ticket, the price will not decrease because it has already been cut significantly to get the item out of the store. Explain to the guest that the item will not be replenished because your store doesn't normally carry it, and that you only have it because another guest returned it after buying it at another store or online.

This is an excellent explanation of what to do with Online Only and AS IS items--they can only be managed properly through SmartSort and SIM. How you are signed into the PDA has nothing to do with it.

If it isn't a big deal, why do the differences exist? CYA

One reason is bc TLs and above need to get alerts and view sales and stuff. This isn't a big deal but I'm sure not every TM wants to hear when someone gets an Esp or needs change

Back in my early days on flow we had a tm who always did trash, they finally questioned why everyday a bale busted and the dude was getting 40 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back