To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one ETL ... walking by and slapping the sign I'm working on wasn't really funny the first time you did it.
The sixth time I just wanted to take the sharp cardboard edges and cut you ... over and over and over again.
*passing a bottle of degreaser to commie*

Actually don't want to kill him just make hundreds of shallow, painful, amateur, cuts that would demonstrate what it's like to work with him.

To that one ETL ... walking by and slapping the sign I'm working on wasn't really funny the first time you did it.
The sixth time I just wanted to take the sharp cardboard edges and cut you ... over and over and over again.
*passing a bottle of degreaser to commie*

Actually don't want to kill him just make hundreds of shallow, painful, amateur, cuts that would demonstrate what it's like to work with him.

might still need the degreaser....take it. LOL

What do you mean as GSA I have to learn food ave and Starbucks?! I have never seen a single GSA ever step back there except to close the registers. And even the GSTL only goes back there once in a very blue moon! Food Ave I could probably figure out without doing it often. But Starbucks as a corporation would probably prefer to keep me far, far away from their drinks.

To that one TM: I'm still waiting for you to bring it on.....if you're going to "talk the talk", you'd better "walk the walk"....

Okay, I get it. The freezer is cold. It is unpleasant to pull or backstock in there for more than five minutes. But when I get in there to do an empty location report and find soooo much product, sitting nicely in its Wacos, not located in the system, I get a little upset. Because it means that one of the following has happened:

1. While backstocking, you just put the product in the bins without actually scanning the location label and entering the quantity.
Or, more likely, 2. You had a big pull in there for one of our CAFs, got lazy, got cold, and simply used m-delete on everything so you wouldn't have to pull it.

You really think someone wouldn't catch you if you did that?

To my PTL, I like and respect you.
Unlike other members of the plano team I don't blame you for the BS that has been dumped on you from above though you have let it get to you and that's come out on everybody around you.
It's sad that when you asked if I was not feeling well and that you were concerned about my health, I didn't really trust you.
I'm not really sure why, just a feeling.
Maybe it's the way one of the older members of the team is being pushed out because he isn't as fast or accurate as you need even though he's been in plano for ten years.
Or that every week I've been getting further and further behind but nobody seems to really care.

so it was a bad day from the get go...before I even hit the store BUT I think these things would have bugged me anyway

closing FRO-when leaving a note it is to warn the next operator of any potential problems, i.e., "sorry we were so slammed last night that I had to step out and help zone so there was 3 carts that need sorting" NOT "we were slammed and there were only 2 softline TM's on the floor but here's what I did--(going on to toot your own horn). This would have ticked me off anyway but then I resorted your carts and found a lot of things that needed repacking, defecting, other stuff. AND I was able to knock your carts down to half and they made more sense.

to the ETL's who brought pull over....make sure it is actually softlines pull before you pass it off on the fitting room. Also, you all have worked with me for over 9 months, when have I ever left/not sorted carts? It was quite insulting that ALL of you thought that I wouldn't have sorted carts.

to that one TL-I love you to pieces but your way high expectations of what I can do is burning me out faster than I already was. That being said, I did get a heck of a lot done.

to that one tm-sorry I just could not work for you tomorrow...between the stuff that made me late today and the 3 days I spent as FRO last week, I think I would have been taken out of my store in a pretty white jacket if I had come in.

to that other tm-you have been properly trained as a brand team member, where I think my training has been lacking because of my lack of "my" area, been doing it longer than me....so how is it that I can get more done properly in less time? Also, we are considered equals...you better step off the telling me what to do and acting that you are such a better brand tm than I am. Because you have been doing it longer you shouldn't have to have your hand held through every visual adjacency or have our TL end up doing 3/4 of the VA (with some help from 3 of us). The other TM's come to me with questions, concerns and act like I am a TL when there isn't one on our side. I realize you want to be a TL but I am not seeing it. I also finally figured out a way I don't have to see your inappropriate stuff on face book with out unfriending you. HALLELUJAH!!

to that other TM-good luck on the interview, I hope they realize what an asset you will be at the other store.

Well, thank you all for setting me up to fail. The gstl I was training with called off, the srgstl basically told me to suck it up, and I was lucky to get any training hours anyway. So now I'm stuck covering guest services, can't get set up for a PDA, supervisor numbers or anything. But they keep telling me I know everything...but I don't. Hell who needs core roles or routines or anything.

Well, thank you all for setting me up to fail. The gstl I was training with called off, the srgstl basically told me to suck it up, and I was lucky to get any training hours anyway. So now I'm stuck covering guest services, can't get set up for a PDA, supervisor numbers or anything. But they keep telling me I know everything...but I don't. Hell who needs core roles or routines or anything.

Damn, I'm sorry.
Every time ...

After being yelled at by pretty well everyone with a T and L in their title, told that GSA is the easiest position in the store, and maybe if I'm going to get upset about this then I shouldn't be a GSA, everyone has their own problems, blah, blah, I gave up covering service desk and went back to soft lines early to hide in the fitting room.

I figured that was a better option than walking out.

I tried that...the srgstl who was ignoring the lanes wouldn't give up the PDA (that she's never logged into anyway) so the GSA could help me out with that.

And since the srgstl was ignoring the lanes, she had the GSA at service desk covering the lanes, so all I could do was cover service desk. And every time she did something I needed to learn how to so, she would do it and say, "oh I should have showed you that."

The etl-hr, who couldn't keep her word to save her life, promised me I will be ready to go by my first GSA shift. I pretty well doubt it.

To the ETL-HR, thanks for the amazing vibe card mocking my bad night. It felt amazing when I got it home and tore it into a million little pieces of confetti.

To the CTL, you were the only bright spot in an incredibly rotten day. Telling me you miss me in hardlines and I am your best team member there means a lot (nevermind the competition isn't very steep in about half of the team). At least someone appreciates me. Do me a favor and mention that to hr...maybe they'll get me off this once a week softlines kick and let me back into hardlines for a day.

After being yelled at by pretty well everyone with a T and L in their title, told that GSA is the easiest position in the store, and maybe if I'm going to get upset about this then I shouldn't be a GSA, everyone has their own problems, blah, blah, I gave up covering service desk and went back to soft lines early to hide in the fitting room.

I figured that was a better option than walking out.

RG--I'm sorry you having this experience. When I first became a GSA the role was very new to our store, one of our GSTLs was on medical leave, the other was a brand new transfer and the one other GSA we had was not good at his job and I had to figure it out largely on my own, but I didn't have to put up with anyone actively working against me. While I won't know your store's specific quirks and routines, there isn't much about GSAing in general that I don't know. If you are interested, you are welcome to ask me any question you'd like either by PM or on the boards. I'm sure there are others here who would also help you out.

So I was scheduled to come in early today to learn how to do the opening stuff, and then the GSA who was there switched places with me for the day so he did service desk and I did GSA and he was there to answer questions, give tips, etc. There are a lot of unanswered questions about work bench, pcv, etc, that I hope the GSTL and I will be able to get together and get figured out.

Of course no one seems able to get me set up with supervisor numbers in the LPDA or on the register. Everyone (TLs and SrTLs) keep saying that the ETL-HR has to key me in on her end before they can set me up. She claims it was done at the beginning of last week, and the system must just need to catch up. Right. My GSTL promised to keep hounding her about it...otherwise the LOD is just going to have to suck it up and be available for post voids, overrides, alerts that I can't get on the LPDA, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back