To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he is going to hound the ETL-HR...he couldn't get me set up in the system properly either. I figure a shift or two of the LOD having to come up to deal with stuff I can't do will get it fixed. :good:

I think it's done by register access. Ask you gstl to give you supervisor access & see what happens,

He, as well as two other TLs, have all tried. There's no option there to give me higher status than my current status with guest service. They claim that I need to have my status changed in the system by HR, and she claimed it was done at the beginning of last week.

I think it's done by register access. Ask you gstl to give you supervisor access & see what happens,
Yeah, that should fix it. As far as PDA alerts, I'm not sure. Have you tried changing your role on there? Pick ETL and then LOD and it should let you use your password for eHR/workbench to log in and get alerts. I'm not sure that's all you have to do though.

To get register alerts on the PDA you need to be keyed in as Supervisor on the register. Without that, you can view alerts, but the PDA won't alert you to them.

I did. She told me it was set up on her end last week.

/me tries to think of a way for you to politely phrase "You are an incompetent cow and need to slither back into your den and attempt to do your job. Correctly this time."
Oh, what the frell, screw politely.
This woman has consistently done everything she prove she's useless.

Last edited:

/me tries to think of a way to politely phrase "You are an incompetent cow and need to slither back into your den and attempt to do your job. Correctly this time."

She's ETL-HR...isn't that pretty well her job? Nobody is quite sure what she does all day besides make our lives harder.

/me tries to think of a way to politely phrase "You are an incompetent cow and need to slither back into your den and attempt to do your job. Correctly this time."

She's ETL-HR...isn't that pretty well her job? Nobody is quite sure what she does all day besides make our lives harder.

You might ask your ETL-HR to double check that you are keyed right. The same thing happened to me when I was made a GSA and my HR had keyed in the wrong job code or something. I remember having to call the help desk and being told my HR would have to fix it. Once they keyed me correctly I was able to get supervisor access the next day.

So I was scheduled to come in early today to learn how to do the opening stuff, and then the GSA who was there switched places with me for the day so he did service desk and I did GSA and he was there to answer questions, give tips, etc. There are a lot of unanswered questions about work bench, pcv, etc, that I hope the GSTL and I will be able to get together and get figured out.

Of course no one seems able to get me set up with supervisor numbers in the LPDA or on the register. Everyone (TLs and SrTLs) keep saying that the ETL-HR has to key me in on her end before they can set me up. She claims it was done at the beginning of last week, and the system must just need to catch up. Right. My GSTL promised to keep hounding her about it...otherwise the LOD is just going to have to suck it up and be available for post voids, overrides, alerts that I can't get on the LPDA, etc.

I don't think Supervisor access is required for post voids. I'm not even keyed as Guest Service, let alone Supervisor, and I can post void (unless your store simply doesn't allow cashiers to do it). You should be able to get the alerts by logging into the PDA as GSA.

And re: PCV - That is the LOD's responsibility.

To the LOD who declined to tell Electronics that we should no longer be holding an item for a guest who called in, even though he was the one who took the call, okay'd the hold, and communicated it to us originally ... **** you very much

Now we look like assholes for declining to sell it to guests in the store who then, upon being told by you that they could, probably have shat on our precious little scores again.

You're a worthless sack of crap. You and the other ETL couldn't run to the corner for breakfast, let alone run a store.

So I was scheduled to come in early today to learn how to do the opening stuff, and then the GSA who was there switched places with me for the day so he did service desk and I did GSA and he was there to answer questions, give tips, etc. There are a lot of unanswered questions about work bench, pcv, etc, that I hope the GSTL and I will be able to get together and get figured out.

Of course no one seems able to get me set up with supervisor numbers in the LPDA or on the register. Everyone (TLs and SrTLs) keep saying that the ETL-HR has to key me in on her end before they can set me up. She claims it was done at the beginning of last week, and the system must just need to catch up. Right. My GSTL promised to keep hounding her about it...otherwise the LOD is just going to have to suck it up and be available for post voids, overrides, alerts that I can't get on the LPDA, etc.

I don't think Supervisor access is required for post voids. I'm not even keyed as Guest Service, let alone Supervisor, and I can post void (unless your store simply doesn't allow cashiers to do it). You should be able to get the alerts by logging into the PDA as GSA.

Our store's set up requires supervisor numbers for post voids.
Logging in as GSA doesn't give you the alerts unless the system knows you should be getting them (ie you are a "supervisor.")
At my store, PCV is the responsibility of the GSTL/GSA running the lanes.

Our store's set up requires supervisor numbers for post voids.
Logging in as GSA doesn't give you the alerts unless the system knows you should be getting them (ie you are a "supervisor.")
At my store, PCV is the responsibility of the GSTL/GSA running the lanes.

You don't need supervisor numbers for post voids. If you hand key in the receipt id an option for post void will appear on the right hand side of the screen.

that's true that you can do post voids that way. You also need to be keyed to have supervisor access. I would challenge her again and ask her to make sure that you are keyed correctly.

The etl-hr showed me and the gstl that I'm in as a GSA, so she has an email into the friendly folks in India to see what's up.

The etl-hr showed me and the gstl that I'm in as a GSA, so she has an email into the friendly folks in India to see what's up.

OK I take back the mean things I said about her.
Glitches happen, it just seemed damned convenient considering all the other stuff she has put you through.

When I became GSA, I had the same frustrations. It took a couple of weeks before everything cleared through the full system and my supervisor number and alert access were working.

a promotion to GSA and access are two different things.

it's up to the ETLHR to complete this action, but I have had to do it when the ETLHR didn't know how.

Alert access can be acquired by anyone, you just need to login as a GSA/GSTL on the PDA.

to the STL thanks for screwing with my schedule after I had viewed it on max (yes, I know until it goes up in paper it's changeable) so that I made a fool of myself calling in to see when I worked today. AND putting somebody who hasn't really been trained in the area....BRAVO!! I have gotten over caring....I go in and do my job (and a dam fine job I do) and how you want to screw up the store is up to you.

You don't need supervisor numbers for post voids. If you hand key in the receipt id an option for post void will appear on the right hand side of the screen.

If you scan the receipt, hit K6 for Fix a Mistake, then hit K2 or K3(?) for Wrong Payment, that will post void the receipt. Just be careful if the guest paid with a credit card.

If you scan the receipt, hit K6 for Fix a Mistake, then hit K2 or K3(?) for Wrong Payment, that will post void the receipt. Just be careful if the guest paid with a credit card.

Umm...that doesn't work when you need to void a return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back