To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one horrible asshole I was forced to work with today: Screw you, dude. Seriously, getting mad at the entire store because we had like six people total, and we didn't get all of the store zoned and reshops done? After you sat on your ass all shift, by the way, then got mad at one of the women because she needed to call for help to try to get done, and you wouldn't send anyone.

Edit: Still reading Retail, and yeah, Josh has a sister! I'm lucky she didn't catch me with my nametag off last week, I forgot to put it on again after my lunch, it took me about ten minutes...

Last edited:
To that one GSTL: Just stop. Please. Your constant badgering of "get more Redcards" is bad enough. Today, AFTER getting 2 cards, you have the dignity to coach me for not getting enough? When you say we should aim for 2 a shift in the first place? And then, when I ask for suggestions, you tell me to ask guests that already have one if they want to sign up for ANOTHER Redcard?

There's a reason everyone (except our ETL, of course) hates you, a-hole.

God, I hate the constant badgering about getting Redcards...seriously, you can just say someone got another Redcard, you don't need to announce how many we've gotten, and how many more we have to get, especially over the walkie. Incredibly awkward having guests hear that while helping them, especially if I just mentioned a Redcard, or I'm starting to mention one...

I think I might have mentioned this before but one time after hearing them announce a red card over the walkie I had a guest as me if I had to listen to that all night (I usually work close in Market). When I said yes, he just said, "Oh, I'm so sorry.".

I think I might have mentioned this before but one time after hearing them announce a red card over the walkie I had a guest as me if I had to listen to that all night (I usually work close in Market). When I said yes, he just said, "Oh, I'm so sorry.".

the same gstl/etl that I have trouble listening to on the walkie, irritate the guests also.

to the closing LOD-well DUH!! They had less carts in closing the night before......other fitting room operators just piles the carts until they are up to my eyebrows (I am about 5ft8in). Items might or might not be in the right cart. When I tell you the end total it is of reshop carts that are properly sorted and easily reshopped. I also leave a clean fitting room.

to the fitting room operator that had the 2 shifts in between mine...I am sorry you had to clopen BUT the fitting room was a pigsty and blaming a guest on the piled high cart is just not nice. Leaving a flat in the middle of our limited staging space was ridiculous. (Though the one tm who let it stay there is also ridiculous). I almost hated doing it but earlier in the week I talked to the new ETL about the fact that you are not very well suited for the fitting room.

to Ms. Cushy Pants...I am hoping I have found a way to get rid of you that you can't weasel out of.

Man, I just get guests that look at me funny when they hear that :(

You guys act as though we GSTLs enjoy announcing REDCards. It's a requirement for us to announce, "Thank you, [insert name] for helping another guest save 5% today and every day. That makes [ ] guests we've helped today toward our goal of 30. Great job, team."

And on top of that we have to make an announcement every hour on the hour.

If we don't do this, we get coached.

Do I enjoy it? No. Do I want to keep my job? Yes.

To the one team member I am eternally stuck with in the backroom - I really don't need to listen on the radio all night long (you are not a radio DJ!).....if you need your hand held after all these years, something is not right. If you know there are all the issues that need to be dealt with, why don't you go deal with them instead of whining every 5 minutes? And no, I don't ignore you all the time, just most of it......

I understand its a requirement, but you guys dont have to be annoying about it!!! Yelling on the walkie all the time!

If they're not 'annoying' they get coached for not being FFF; if they're not loud they get coached because leadership didn't hear them.
Been there, done that, got the a$$-chewing to prove it.

You guys act as though we GSTLs enjoy announcing REDCards. It's a requirement for us to announce, "Thank you, [insert name] for helping another guest save 5% today and every day. That makes [ ] guests we've helped today toward our goal of 30. Great job, team."

but i am guessing you don't yell it...seriously, the one I loathe I can hear without a walkie. Plus, her voice is just grating.

I understand its a requirement, but you guys dont have to be annoying about it!!! Yelling on the walkie all the time!

If they're not 'annoying' they get coached for not being FFF; if they're not loud they get coached because leadership didn't hear them.
Been there, done that, got the a$$-chewing to prove it.

I actually heard a STL give a GSTL a hard time on the air for not doing this enough.
It was embarrassing to have to hear and I can't imagine what the customers must have thought.
They performanced the poor lady out a couple of months later.

To my TL: Thank you. Your words of encouragement, although you may not have realized they were such, allowed me to be able to stop and breathe when I was running around in circles the other day. I felt like I wasn't getting enough done, and you took the time to tell me the area was looking really good, so I was able to feel good about what i was doing. In general, you've become one of my favorite people to work with, I've never had a manager of any sorts take the time to be a mentor to me before. It means one hell of a lot.

Flow team member:

I believe I did tell you I was off the clock and not wearing my badge when you asked me about an item. There is nothing really to complain about, despite you doing so in front of two team leads (who were, incidentally, were on my side). Also, I did tell you ask a cashier. I am sorry the guest got upset but what could I do?

To that one ETL: You know that I'm one of the slowest zoners in the store and I was scheduled the shortest shift out of all the hardlines closers, so why the hell did you give me the worst zone?? WTF?

So i left Target about 2 weeks ago, and i came back to shop and visit some friends there today...and what they told me is just wow...

To my old Logistics ETL, and backroom TL, its been 2 weeks and my spot hasnt been filled and after talking to you and catching up you plan on not filling in this spots? are you guys seriously that dumb? me and two other backroom team members quit this month and you havent replaced them as well AND plan on not replacing them? you really expect to have a functioning backroom with only 5 backroom team members? that place was a nightmare when we were there, i can ONLY IMAGINE what will happen now, Target is seriously going to implode some day, i can see it happening.

So i left Target about 2 weeks ago, and i came back to shop and visit some friends there today...and what they told me is just wow...

To my old Logistics ETL, and backroom TL, its been 2 weeks and my spot hasnt been filled and after talking to you and catching up you plan on not filling in this spots? are you guys seriously that dumb? me and two other backroom team members quit this month and you havent replaced them as well AND plan on not replacing them? you really expect to have a functioning backroom with only 5 backroom team members? that place was a nightmare when we were there, i can ONLY IMAGINE what will happen now, Target is seriously going to implode some day, i can see it happening.

Just be glad you left when you did.

I think I may have a twin...I'll admit freely to the fact that I'm a slow zoner, and I normally get assigned downstairs :( I much prefer upstairs...

I know I've been saying this a lot, but to my TL, thanks once again. You helped save me from a mental crisis and offered advice in a positive way after helping me. I sincerely appreciate it.

To my STL: You're driving most of us nuts. Shush. No need to spaz over everything. If you hear that no one is getting a phone call, instead of freaking out that it was missed, maybe answer the phone and then ask why. There is usually a good reason if no one gets to a call in a reasonable amount of time.

but i am guessing you don't yell it...seriously, the one I loathe I can hear without a walkie. Plus, her voice is just grating.

Do we work in the same store?

The one I have that's really loud acts like a cheerleader, but she's the only girl on the squad, and she has to be loud enough so the people in the nosebleed seats at the stadium across town can hear her. I push my walkie button on her often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back