To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree with both of you. I've tried requesting change many times, though, and they'll just come over and tell me they can't give me any.
I'm not one to rush to say complain - but, I'd take this higher.

As a guest I'd be VIVID if there was no change and it was because of stupidness. As a TM i'd probably not be nice about pointing out the problem to a guest.

Unacceptable. Period.

I think they do it because most people won't bother complaining :( Apparently some have tried...I'm friends with some of the newer cashiers...but they just get ignored or punished for it.

To that one new cart attendant: I understand that you're new, but you've been done with your training for a little while now, and you gotta work on your time management. There won't always be someone available to help you when the cartwell is quickly emptying out.

I was almost rolling on the floor from that one. Seriously, where did we get these people?

To that North Texas team member who shot himself while testing a gun he thought was a cigarette lighter. Why were you even testing it? You should have just given it back to the guest without hesitation.

To that new TM who is going to be a GSA. I hate you. You don't ask questions when you aren't sure how to do something, and you don't do what you are told. For example, you were working guest service tonight, and I spent four hours telling you to cart up defectives tonight. When I finally drag a cart behind guest service to do it myself, because clearly you were incapable (hard to tell because you wouldn't ask questions) then you tell me you will do it?! Why didn't you do it in in the first three hours I kept mentioning it??? We GSAs need to stick together, but I may have to make an exception to that rule for you.

As a guest I'd be VIVID if there was no change and it was because of stupidness. As a TM i'd probably not be nice about pointing out the problem to a guest.

Unacceptable. Period.

Your colors would be brighter than normal? Or did you mean livid? :D

To that one new cart attendant: I understand that you're new, but you've been done with your training for a little while now, and you gotta work on your time management. There won't always be someone available to help you when the cartwell is quickly emptying out.

I was almost rolling on the floor from that one. Seriously, where did we get these people?

He'll figure it out eventually - I feel like a lot of new cart attendants take a little while to figure out the time management thing. But when our STL was LOD a couple Saturdays ago, she sent all of hardlines and a couple cashiers outside for a "cart blitz" because he let the cartwell empty out.

To the presentation team leader: You suck. You previously reset the bike wall by changing it in the system, but didn't actually change the labels on the floor. You did the same thing with the wall clocks, and for some reason, you can't seem to set up the planogram for the hanging mirrors correctly. Those aisles look like shit. How are you a team lead.

A couple hardlines team members...by which I mean me, one guy, and an ETL...had to do that a couple weeks ago, but that was their fault for not having a cart attendant scheduled for another hour.

Unacceptable. Period.

He'll figure it out eventually - I feel like a lot of new cart attendants take a little while to figure out the time management thing. But when our STL was LOD a couple Saturdays ago, she sent all of hardlines and a couple cashiers outside for a "cart blitz" because he let the cartwell empty out.

Your STL is LOD sometimes? I've seen my STL like 3 times in a year.. The Hell.

Unacceptable. Period.

:p

Well, i'd be vivid because I was livid!!

So is ours, but I never seem to get to work with her :( I'm always coming in when she's leaving.

Cashier1: I wish we were busy so time would go by faster.
Cashier2: I'm always busy.
C1: huh?
C2: I find stuff to do so I'm always busy so the time goes by faster. I don't wait for them to find me stuff to do.
C1: *silence*

Cashier 2, this is why I love seeing your name on the schedule when I work. I can count on you to know what has to. Be done and you do it, making my shift generally a whole lot easier. So thank you for everything you do and the good giggle of overhearing that conversation.

To that one ETL:
My PCCI was submitted two weeks ago and you've delivered every other TL that reports to you their quarterly review. What gives? Nice to see nothing has changed!

C2: I find stuff to do so I'm always busy so the time goes by faster. I don't wait for them to find me stuff to do.

Cashier 2, this is why I love seeing your name on the schedule when I work. I can count on you to know what has to. Be done and you do it, making my shift generally a whole lot easier. So thank you for everything you do and the good giggle of overhearing that conversation.

what exactly is Cashier 2 doing?

I finally heard the power hour crud over the weekend. Either our ETL's misunderstood the directions of power hour or they decided it wouldn't work for "everybody" vibing the guests for an hour the way corporate wanted....but it was still a pain to hear.

what exactly is Cashier 2 doing?

Zoning, collecting re-shop and hangers, One Spot, cleaning - even at the checklanes, there's always something to do when it's not busy.

I've been involved in that conversation with a few other cashiers. I've always been #2.

To that brand new TM: I know things were difficult today and you looked very confused and exhausted after your day of learning the front lanes and shadowing. Good luck to you and don't forget

XW7816y.png
In Yourself Always :)

To the team member who taught me how to do researches: Thank you. Now I can finally tell the guests that we're "putting an order in" when something is out of stock. If it makes them feel better, I'm happy. Thank you.

To the backroom TM who stepped up & help run the push of the food truck today. Thank you. You made my insane morning at least a little bit easier.

To that one backroom TL: Honestly, I'm not sure how you are still here. You have pissed off about every TL and most of the ETL's recently. I have never seen the one ETL as mad as I have yesterday when he found out you blatantly ignored his directions. You may have been with the company for 7 years, but you clearly can't handle a pfresh store. I know myself and a fair amount of TMs have lost any and all respect for you. Get your act together or leave and make our lives easier.

To that TM who got bumped up to GSA for Q4: It sure went to your head fast & your attitude with it.
The only thing more interesting will be to see how quick it fades when you're bumped back down afterwards & you WILL be bumped back down if all the current comments are any indication.

Last edited:
I had 2 really bad shifts with new team members, so much so that I had to take some time to calm down so I didn't reveal too much.

to the newly transferred over to sl from hl....you actually rock at your job but you are going to be a trouble maker in that the girls love talking to you instead of even attempting to look like they are doing their job.
to the midday team the first shift....I know we were slammed up front but less than a cart of reshop being done in 3 hours between 3 of you is ridiculous.
to the closing team that first shift....good golly, miss molly!! Except one (more on that one in a bit) you all are absolutely no good. One of the three of you had taken it upon yourself to have a split shift and no real training but that doesn't give you a right to be such a bitch, especially when I was trying to help you. You also didn't even complete even one of your assigned areas, the easiest grouping in softlines. So easy that I finished it the night before in 3 hours....and I made sure to zone the panty bins and yoga pant wall properly. Plus, you were continually spotted in toys and electronics. Last time I checked they were not softlines but your boyfriend is over there.
#2 I have absolutely hated seeing your name under softlines on the grid since you were "lent" to softlines months ago...I think they don't want you over in hardlines but can't find any real reason to let you go (they have no spine) but you don't zone well and do absolutely no reshop and you are constantly anywhere but your area.

#3 first off my name is Ms. Babytrees not Ms B.....if you notice in our store it is used as a sign of respect to say Ms. full name. I only use it for 4 co-workers because they are my elders and so deserving of the respect. When you say Ms. B to me it seems you are being disrespectful. We had a discussion not too long ago about you needing to pick up the pace and actually zone your areas properly....so glad (not!)you went in the opposite direction. But what you did the first shift was so much better than the second one.
That second shift...midday was much better in that they actually reshopped a lot and prepped for the closing team fairly well.
I had #1 and #3 again to close, I realize that the phone is not your forte #3 but you are the only one trained to cover my break (believe me I changed my breaks to only have you covering one) but I was gone less than 15 minutes and you totally screwed things up....I am hoping I don't get in trouble for your idiocy. You also mouthed off to the one tm who doesn't deserve it. Oh and Mr. AP who spent about an hour and a half back in men's talking to #3 no matter how much I tried reminding you both to do your jobs....there's a reason I call you and one of your cohorts Dumber and Dumberer.....you don't do your job and smart off to everybody.
#1 if you haven't had any training as the operator DON'T answer the phone....and what the hell were you doing back there anyway? No reason to be back there except you were chatting with #3.

To the one TM who was with me for all 3 of my last 3 shifts....YOU ROCK!! No reason for #3 to go off on you at all. You are working when you have really only told a few people about your chronic condition. Not only have you zoned the worst area (in our store RTW) to almost perfection but you have left no reshop. There is a reason I have no problem making sure our ETL's know how good you are and help you with the things that are difficult for you to do when you are in the midst of a flare up of your condition.

to the one TM who called out for the last shift....thank you. Not only because it is getting awkward working with you because of the crap you are pulling on me outside of work but also because they were able to get one of my favorite sub's in your place. She also works her tail off and does both a great zone and reshop.

Hey #1 and #3....not only are these two tm's your elders but they run circles around you in productivity.

geesh...sorry for the rant....I am actually hoping none of our seasonals make it through Christmas. Except maybe one.

Last edited:
To the CTL, who was covering electronics lunch today, you are a moron. If something is street dated for the 25th, that means we cannot sell it. You had NO business pulling the item from the back room and telling the guest that the system might let them buy it, but no guarantees. That meant the rest of us had to deal with the angry guest who thought you said that you knew it was street dated but she could buy it anyway. Get. A. Clue!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back