To that one Team Member - II

To whoever determines which Target brands clothing stay and which Target brands clothing goes: You come down to my store and explain to all the guests that ask daily for the Mossimo leggings why they can no longer get their leggings and why their only choice is the pitiful offerings that Wild Fable has. Real boneheaded move, Target.

TTOTM: everyone wants you to promote but you’re gonna get fired if you keep doing negligent brainless shit. Get your act together.

TTOTM: please stop bringing every box that doesn't belong to you back to the line
I get beauty has there own push but the chem. Area is right next to beauty
And walking the boxes back to receiving and asking us were you should put it while we're trying to unload a 2400 peice truck with only 3 flow TMS. And no U-boats

To be fair, it’s the same frat boy ETL that says “where you is bro” to his TLs.

TTO New Seasonal Cashier: Idk who tf trained you, but here's a list of shit you can do your own goddamn self instead of sending FIVE guests to GS to fix your laziness.
  • Apply manufacturer's coupons – you scan the coupon after the item and if it's not obvious fake or nefarious use, you accept it and put it in the drawer
  • $5 coupon from CVS for flu shot – the coupon clearly says "one per guest" and you needn't try to use three of these on one single transaction because it won't work. We can't fix that up here at GS either. Read the coupon!
  • $5 off coupons (again) can't be used unless the transaction is at least $5.00 – the POS at GS can't give the guest money back on a coupon for a transaction less than the value of the coupon either!
  • Guest price challenges – if you haven't finalized the transaction, you can K1 and apply a different price or percentage discount. Use your lane light blinker and call the GSA if you're that unsure!
  • Price match – see above
  • Gift receipts post-transaction – scan the receipt barcode, enter the VCD, and print the gift receipt... same thing GS is going to do when you send your guest up there
Swear that the normal 15-minute trainings we hand out aren't really effective, I'm starting to realize.

TTO New Seasonal Cashier: Idk who tf trained you, but here's a list of shit you can do your own goddamn self instead of sending FIVE guests to GS to fix your laziness.
  • Apply manufacturer's coupons – you scan the coupon after the item and if it's not obvious fake or nefarious use, you accept it and put it in the drawer
  • $5 coupon from CVS for flu shot – the coupon clearly says "one per guest" and you needn't try to use three of these on one single transaction because it won't work. We can't fix that up here at GS either. Read the coupon!
  • $5 off coupons (again) can't be used unless the transaction is at least $5.00 – the POS at GS can't give the guest money back on a coupon for a transaction less than the value of the coupon either!
  • Guest price challenges – if you haven't finalized the transaction, you can K1 and apply a different price or percentage discount. Use your lane light blinker and call the GSA if you're that unsure!
  • Gift receipts post-transaction – scan the receipt barcode, enter the VCD, and print the gift receipt... same thing GS is going to do when you send your guest up there
Swear that the normal 15-minute trainings we hand out aren't really effective, I'm starting to realize.
This! Big pet peeve is the gift receipt. I will get on the walkie with my GSTL and let them know. My workload would be a bit lighter if the front end was better trained. Another one, red Card issues. Stop sending them to GS to find out what is wrong with their card. All we are going to do is tell them to call the number on the back of their card.

This! Big pet peeve is the gift receipt. I will get on the walkie with my GSTL and let them know. My workload would be a bit lighter if the front end was better trained. Another one, red Card issues. Stop sending them to GS to find out what is wrong with their card. All we are going to do is tell them to call the number on the back of their card.

My store the GE has been documenting this kind of stuff so she can have your GSTL have a "chat" with you.

My store the GE has been documenting this kind of stuff so she can have your GSTL have a "chat" with you.
All of these issues, plus the guest did not receive their promo GC, just make the lines bigger. These issues should be handled at the checklanes. By the time guests get to me they are not happy being sent somewhere else.

My cashier trainer basically just told me if anything unusual comes up to just hit the blinker and hope the GSA sees it. I'm not hired for cashier though. I'm just up there for 10-15 minutes each shift to help out. I do know that only a select few cashiers are allowed to price match at my store and only if guest services is really busy. They want that all going through guest services.

only a select few cashiers are allowed to price match at my store and only if guest services is really busy. They want that all going through guest services.
Are you at a high risk store or something?
It's so inefficient to handcuff your cashiers like this. Everyone should be well trained. Silly stuff!

Are you at a high risk store or something?
It's so inefficient to handcuff your cashiers like this. Everyone should be well trained. Silly stuff!

No, we aren't high risk at all. I'd guess the reason for the price match policy is that our cashiers' lines are normally longer than guest services' lines and we don't have a lot of people wanting to price match anyway. That or TMs were stupid in the past about it and accepting things they shouldn't. As for general lack of training and hitting the blinker. Well, things like how to do tax exempt or take a check didn't happen during my training period and haven't happened when I'm covering a register, so that's just something I'll have to be taught how to do if and when it comes up. That makes sense in a way because if I'm just told how to do it, I'm not likely to remember the first time a guest wants it a couple of months later.

I'd guess the reason for the price match policy is that our cashiers' lines are normally longer than guest services' lines and we don't have a lot of people wanting to price match anyway
That kind of negates itself... price match is just as easy as adjusting a price via K1, except you K6 to select the competitor to whom we're matching, which takes an extra 5 seconds, and price matching is only done with one item of the same kind per policy, so I can't imagine it holding up the line.
In my view, it just inconveniences the guest to have to make an extra stop somewhere for something that could've taken 10 seconds at the lanes (including SCO... I don't have enough cells in my body to count the number of times the SCO cashiers just refer the guest to the Service Desk for anything more complicated than voiding an item – not like the SCO registers have the same functionality as the lane registers or anything :rolleyes:).

We do most price matches at the service desk at my store because most of the time, the cashiers up front don’t have a zebra so they can use the price match app. Of course there’s other ways to do it such as the Walmart or amazon apps on your own phone, but I try not to trust the guest’s phone and will verify it myself. Of course they could just call the GSA over but our GSAs are rarely at the front

the cashiers up front don’t have a zebra so they can use the price match app
Our price matching rules at my store are, if the guest brings in the ad or they can pull it up on the phone, and it's from the app itself or the website, go for it. I will ask them to scroll down to "let me see the description of the item" but I'm also really checking to see if it's from the website or just a screenshot.
other ways to do it such as the Walmart or amazon apps on your own phone, but I try not to trust the guest’s phone and will verify it myself
I rarely pull out my phone to help the guest, but will on occasion if they're nice or if they want to see how the Target app works (especially since I'm in a Target Red (not REDcard) test market and need to show them how to use the 1% earned), but for price match... nope, show me on your phone, buddy.
GSAs are rarely at the front
TTOGSA/TTOGSTL: Stick to your assigned area, please! Your work center is the front end/guest experience, so stick to it.
TTO ETL-GE: Schedule more people to do the remedial job you have the GSA/GSTL doing, including pulls and Drive Up, because that detracts from the guest experience when the lane is waiting (not even exaggerating here) eight solid minutes with a lane blinker and a pissed off guest because no one's covering their lunch and the LOD is busy in receiving.

I don’t get the whole “if it’s over a certain amount it has to be done at the GS registers” because it will still require a supervisor override and I will have to call the GSTL and wait for them to come over and override it so the guest still has to wait. Better off for the electronics TM to verify the price match on their own zebra then call the GSTL for the override.

TTOTM who put half the damn shower curtains on the wrong pegs. Yes, I know that you are on the closing crew and act like someone killed your dog if you have to do any push or pulls, but could you please at least half-ass it? I know you can't be bothered to price match, but can we at least put things in the right aisle? If you are wondering why you are going to have to do push and pulls on your next shift, it's because I had to spend way too much time helping another TM fulfill an OPU by finding where in the hell you put the shower curtain that was needed. Then, I had to go down a freaking rabbit hole putting all the shower curtains in the right place so that they can be found quickly when needed. So, enjoy that frieght that's still in the back. I hope it's furniture. Put it where it belongs, please.

I don't see why Electronics should need to have Guest Services verify a price match and then have a GSTL come approve it. I'd honestly trust my Electronics team over my current Guest Services team to correctly price match......

Better to just take care of it at the boat and call LOD or any TL to approve a large price match.
Agreed, we're trained too learn how to do price matches here.

Tho after a certain amount we just send them to GS

Back