To that one Team Member - II

I don’t get the whole “if it’s over a certain amount it has to be done at the GS registers” because it will still require a supervisor override and I will have to call the GSTL and wait for them to come over and override it so the guest still has to wait. Better off for the electronics TM to verify the price match on their own zebra then call the GSTL for the override.
it's not a certain amount at my store. it's any price match. guest price challenge is another story, that's depending on amount, but price match is always GS at my store.
call LOD or any TL to approve a large price match.
lol a few weeks ago I had to show one of the ETLs how to key a price match so good luck with them trying to figure it out at the boat at my store

We do most price matches at the service desk at my store because most of the time, the cashiers up front don’t have a zebra so they can use the price match app. Of course there’s other ways to do it such as the Walmart or amazon apps on your own phone, but I try not to trust the guest’s phone and will verify it myself. Of course they could just call the GSA over but our GSAs are rarely at the front
I had a woman the other day trying to match a phone case to Amazon. I had to spend over 5 minutes with her because she would not get the point that they were not the same item. Those five minutes would back up a front lane very quickly. She had it on her phone and the Price Match App could not find a match. After further review, the phone case was not an exact match and the item number was different. Most of the front end cashiers would not know the difference. Just because it is the same color does not mean it is the same item.

I had a woman the other day trying to match a phone case to Amazon. I had to spend over 5 minutes with her because she would not get the point that they were not the same item. Those five minutes would back up a front lane very quickly. She had it on her phone and the Price Match App could not find a match. After further review, the phone case was not an exact match and the item number was different. Most of the front end cashiers would not know the difference. Just because it is the same color does not mean it is the same item.
yeah I've noticed with phone cases esp iPhone they'll do a new model number every year even if it's basically the same case

it's not a certain amount at my store. it's any price match. guest price challenge is another story, that's depending on amount, but price match is always GS at my store.

lol a few weeks ago I had to show one of the ETLs how to key a price match so good luck with them trying to figure it out at the boat at my store

all they need to do is type in their numbers, the electronics TM would have already done the price match

So if the point is that GS should do price match bc they have a Zebra...
... could we not just hire someone whose job is to watch the front lanes and we give them a Zebra and they can price match and also answer other cashier questions that may arise? ;):)

If only there was such a position. Darn.

... could we not just hire someone whose job is to watch the front lanes and we give them a Zebra and they can price match and also answer other cashier questions that may arise? ;):)

😂😂😂 LITERALLY

That's so crazy, it just might work!!

IF we could get them to actually STAY up front.:rolleyes:

TTOETL: after 5 months of taking my open availability and choosing to not schedule me in favor of your new little pets who as we old timers predicted wouldnt work and quit. . .now you are begging me to come save your ass once I cut my availability and move on with a second job. . .Im sorry I cant stop laughing give me one sec. . . .yeah no not sorry one bit good luck with your shit show. . .I will continue to happily take the pitence you throw at me while thoroughly enjoying this second job which coincidentally I love so so much!
This! I've created my own business for my second job. (It helps me at tax time to have a job where taxes are deducted plus the early morning hours fit well with my clients' schedules, so I still continue 15 hours a week or so with Spot.) I do stay past my scheduled out time, if asked and my schedule permits. But do I apologize for those days I can't stay? Nope.

That's so crazy, it just might work!!

IF we could get them to actually STAY up front.:rolleyes:
True!
Now if there was only like a successive chain of decision makers who understand the needs of the front end... who successively make good decisions to keep the front end staffed, and the higher in the chain they are, the more understanding and competent they are thanks to proper coaching, development, and training.

Hmm... That's where we may just be lacking.

That guy in my store likes to go back and "help" with the truck. Those of us on the sales floor appreciate that because if he's up front he's constantly on the walkie letting us know when ever anyone sells a red card, what the ads are, or just random products he thinks we should be pushing on guests. Of course, when we actually do go cover the front and have a problem, man is he really great at looking in the exact opposite direction of the blinker.

TTOTM who was supposed to be available to backup electronics tonight. Thanks for disappearing for half an hour while I was helping an elderly guest find the right printer ink, another guest was waiting for me to grab a TV out of the back, another guest wanted to buy an xbox, another guest wanted an Apple watch, and guest services was helpfully reminding me that someone on the phone had a question about cameras. I appreciate your dedication to not answering your walkie. (But, also thanks for covering my meal and break when things had slowed down. That was truly appreciated.)

TTOTM- please stop calling for just “hardlines” or “softlines” and then getting annoyed when no one responds. I’m not going to answer a hardlines call in chemicals if you need someone in seasonal, but how the hell am I gonna know who you need IF YOU DONT SPECIFY. So thanks for wasting everyone’s time because lord knows we have PLENTY OF THAT TO BE WASTING. 🙄🙄🙄

TTOTM- please stop calling for just “hardlines” or “softlines” and then getting annoyed when no one responds. I’m not going to answer a hardlines call in chemicals if you need someone in seasonal, but how the hell am I gonna know who you need IF YOU DONT SPECIFY. So thanks for wasting everyone’s time because lord knows we have PLENTY OF THAT TO BE WASTING. 🙄🙄🙄

“im in chem is anyone else closer?”

Agreed. Whoever is calling for you isn't calling because they want a date for Saturday night. They have a guest that needs assistance. Just answer the damned walkie, go to channel 2, determine what is needed, and then figure out if it's a call you can handle or if you should call to your buddy in hardlines to take it. And I hate that you actually might have to walk a few steps but sometimes there is no one with the product knowledge for Seasonal that is closer than the guy zoning Pine-Sol.

TTOTM:

You showed so much promise. I really enjoyed getting to know you over the couple years you were here. You did a great job in Cafe and were amazing in Starbucks. But something happened. You're only 17 but the drinking already consumed you. It changed you and your attitude. The young guy that I though I could mentor, the young kid who showed so much potential. I would talk to you on breaks about school, and give you advice about work. You took it so well. Until your personality changed. Slowly, it became jaded and angry. And I grew sad when I would see you.

I remember when we got a new team lead. How angry you were with her. And how you got mad at me for trying to support her. You got angry with everyone. Guests, other Team Members. The others chalked it up to youth and mood swings. But deep down I knew it was so much worse.

You talked more and more about drinking. I'm 24 and I didn't talk about it nearly as much as you. You would come in hung over and even still a little drunk. Since I didn't know for sure if you were, I stayed silent. But soon, it exploded. You came in my back room. Sipping a Starbucks drink. You have had a very long day. I remember you holding the drink up and sitting on the floor. "You see this? It isn't just coffee." You said. "It's got whiskey."

I knew that I had to tell someone. And it was so hard to do. I told my ETL. And you were as good as fired. I hope you get help... You're too young to be an alcoholic. And I hope you regain that potential you once had. It's not often that I find a kid that young with such an eye for business. And it'd be a depressing waste if it all was lost to your incessant drinking.

TtoGuy From Tonight’s Orientation: if you get huffy over being left behind because you needed to use the restroom and didn’t listen to where the leader doing orientation told you they’d be, you’re not gonna last long here. Also, when you’re not in red and khaki and don’t have your orientation paper, don’t snark at me “I work here too, thanks!” When I ask if I can help you find something. You just made my shit list, you middle aged dickwad.

TtoGuy From Tonight’s Orientation: if you get huffy over being left behind because you needed to use the restroom and didn’t listen to where the leader doing orientation told you they’d be, you’re not gonna last long here. Also, when you’re not in red and khaki and don’t have your orientation paper, don’t snark at me “I work here too, thanks!” When I ask if I can help you find something. You just made my shit list, you middle aged dickwad.

What an asshat! With a little luck, maybe he’ll be that guy who works one shift and never shows up again.😁

Back