To that one Team Member - II

Today our ETL from hell walked by guest service as I was taking a drink of water after spending two straight hours getting through all the defects and said “what are you doing standing around? nobody else gets to. make some sales. you don’t have anything better to do than to be here so you might as well do your job.”
First of all, I work in returns, I do the opposite of making sales so that doesn’t make any sense.
Second of all, what the fuck did you just say to me?
Fuck off bitch this is why no one likes you

TTOTM's from Hardlines - thanks so much for calling in/quitting tonight. Only myself and another TM had to handle the floor tonight. So much reshop waiting from earlier today, serving guests, and call requests going off. Not to mention going for backup to the front lanes.

And the zone...well, I just had to close my eyes and pretend that everything was nice & neat.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow is in store...

For TMs with no card I say “I’ll type it in this time, but know I’m really not supposed to. You can add it to your cartwheel barcode, or request a new card from HR”
Kinda related question, how would putting the number on cartwheel help if there's no applicable cartwheel offers on purchases? A couple times I've used cartwheel at self-checkout because I thought something applied and nothing did and it gave some kind of error message about no eligible offers and the TM watching SCO had to do something, I think void the cartwheel, for me to finish the transaction.

You're not actually adding your TM number to Cartwheel. Remember, Cartwheel is no longer a stand-alone, it's a facet of the Target app. You're adding it to Wallet within the app (and on your Target.com account). That one barcode collects any relevant saved Cartwheel offers, your TM discount (if entered), and your RedCard or gift card payment (if linked) with a single scan. You do still have to scan the ad coupons or RC exclusive coupons separately, and I wish those could be incorporated as well, but I'm not sure how that would work with alerts for not meeting the purchase requirements for an ad coupon.

There was a short period where I would get the "no Cartwheel offers found" message at SCO, and the attendant just goes into store mode to clear that alert. I haven't seen it in a few weeks, though, so I think they patched whatever was popping that message.

Kinda related question, how would putting the number on cartwheel help if there's no applicable cartwheel offers on purchases? A couple times I've used cartwheel at self-checkout because I thought something applied and nothing did and it gave some kind of error message about no eligible offers and the TM watching SCO had to do something, I think void the cartwheel, for me to finish the transaction.
That glitch has been fixed. If you add your ™ number to wallet it’ll work even if no cartwheel offers are applicable.

there's no issue with keying in a TM number if you can verify the identity of the team member

i.e., someone who actually works in your store. if it's just some rando off of the street, obviously don't do that.
this. never do it for someone you don't recognize, even if they say they're new. if they're new they should have a temp card.

TTOTM on flow : there are 3 items clearly defective on your aisle , I simply told you that you should defect those since we can’t sell them nor we can’t ship them like that !
Don’t tell me it’s not your job ! Because it is clearly YOUR job since it is your area ! Don’t tell me a guest did it , when YOU just put them on there ...
also raising your voice at the ETL who joined our little conversation is not smart ...

TTOHLTM’s - Are you fucking serious? The one time I close, and I finally know why the store looks like shit and there’s piles of stray every morning. One of you sat in electronics and talked to the electronics team member literally ALL night and would run and hide whenever you heard LOD coming by.... and the other two turned off their walkies and walked around sporting goods bouncing a ball and straightening an item every 5 minutes... you MF’s are so lucky we only have one ETL here at night who’s usually way too busy with checkouts and stuff to notice... because damn. That shit pisses me off that you’re getting paid the exact same as me to sit around and bounce a ball and talk while I work my ass off during the day cleaning up your mess... rant over

TTOHLTM’s - Are you fucking serious? The one time I close, and I finally know why the store looks like shit and there’s piles of stray every morning. One of you sat in electronics and talked to the electronics team member literally ALL night and would run and hide whenever you heard LOD coming by.... and the other two turned off their walkies and walked around sporting goods bouncing a ball and straightening an item every 5 minutes... you MF’s are so lucky we only have one ETL here at night who’s usually way too busy with checkouts and stuff to notice... because damn. That shit pisses me off that you’re getting paid the exact same as me to sit around and bounce a ball and talk while I work my ass off during the day cleaning up your mess... rant over

Preach. Our Saturday closers didn't even bother to take down ads in sporting goods. No one did it Sunday either. I had to stop pushing this morning and do it.

Preach. Our Saturday closers didn't even bother to take down ads in sporting goods. No one did it Sunday either. I had to stop pushing this morning and do it.
Oh. Yep. This fucking too. I spent the first hour of my signing shift on Sunday doing ad take down because ‘they forgot’ and then I’m the one who gets talked to when ad set isn’t finishes on time... I’m so fucking done with these kids. They act like because they’re in high school they don’t have to work hard. I’m in high school too bud and I work my ass off. I know they can do it if they try, but they’re always too busy on their phones or in the bathroom vaping...

Have you told leadership? If they are regularly not taking down the ad, then that means they are lying when the LOD starts asking if the ad is down in different locations on Saturday night.
Well they probably do ‘take down ad’, they just seem to *randomly* forget large sections and aisles. Leadership is aware. Hopefully they’re getting coached for all this dumb shit.

TTOGSA. If you call up for reshop pick up several times within the hour for all areas, and the reshop is sitting there, unsorted, & in incorrect areas, thanks for that extra 25 minutes on sorting everything there. Our plates are full as it is with zone catch up from yesterday's fun of me and another Hardlines TM.

Also, stop giving me Halloween items that belong in one spot! The red corner price mark should be a clear indication that it's. Not. Mine.

/rant

Also, stop giving me Halloween items that belong in one spot! The red corner price mark should be a clear indication that it's. Not. Mine.

We keep having the opposite issue here. All mini seasonal items keep getting mixed in with one spot by two of our GSAs and a few Service Desk TMs no matter how many times I explain it to them. Like, how do you not know your own items.

I have a nice passive agressive sign up saying department 234 is one spot, 240 is seasonal on our one spot bin.

Thank god we still have a dedicated signing shift for ad takedown on Saturday nights. I have a feeling that will be gone soon though.

It's not just you. Despite the red price tag softlines gets all the socks, hats, scarves, sunglasses and whatever else is a cheap imitation of what is in softlines. I don't mind the first time through very much, but when the same exact item is tossed back into softlines reshop I get majorly annoyed. (Same thing with the socks and necklaces that belong in electronics, the smaller luggage items, the Speedo swim shoes, OTC medications marketed for "kids and babies" and the cosmetics bags. A little annoying the first time, really annoying when I toss them into the hardlines cart and they get immediately tossed back into the softlines cart.)

We keep having the opposite issue here. All mini seasonal items keep getting mixed in with one spot by two of our GSAs and a few Service Desk TMs no matter how many times I explain it to them. Like, how do you not know your own items.

I have a nice passive agressive sign up saying department 234 is one spot, 240 is seasonal on our one spot bin.

It's not just you. Despite the red price tag softlines gets all the socks, hats, scarves, sunglasses and whatever else is a cheap imitation of what is in softlines. I don't mind the first time through very much, but when the same exact item is tossed back into softlines reshop I get majorly annoyed. (Same thing with the socks and necklaces that belong in electronics, the smaller luggage items, the Speedo swim shoes, OTC medications marketed for "kids and babies" and the cosmetics bags. A little annoying the first time, really annoying when I toss them into the hardlines cart and they get immediately tossed back into the softlines cart.)

YES YES YES OMFG YES. It drives me batty when my own team can't figure out how to sort into the bins correctly. We have the POS. We have MyDevices. Use them. Do not assume you know where something belongs.

It's an all around problem. Hardlines comes to get their reshop and sees the Johnson's Baby Oil Gel and a cosmetics bag that looks like a purse and tosses it back into our cart. Electronics sees the socks, same thing. GS sees socks when they pull out Bullseye reshop and don't flip the tag and tosses it in our cart.

It goes in reverse too. I try to be as careful as I can, but sometimes when I bring up the cart that's been collecting hardlines reshop all day and empty it there will be toys or stuffed animals that are supposed to be in girls or boys, or stuffy nose saline remedies, or those stupid stuffed animals that are clearly not baby safe but are in the baby section, or Wild Fable cosmetics that were tossed in by a softlines TM earlier in the day.

YES YES YES OMFG YES. It drives me batty when my own team can't figure out how to sort into the bins correctly. We have the POS. We have MyDevices. Use them. Do not assume you know where something belongs.

My store's guest service team is terrible about scanning items. They send out things to be reshopped that scan as defects and rewraps. It's their job to deal with those items.

My store's guest service team is terrible about scanning items. They send out things to be reshopped that scan as defects and rewraps. It's their job to deal with those items.
That’s not good. Partner with them or GSTL or ETLGE. Look we’re all human and make mistakes but if it’s consistent it needs to get addressed and that can’t happen if no one knows about it

Overnight and sales floor used to send that crap to the backroom mixed in with the overstock. Chargebacks, recalls. NOP, reticket, out-of-package, clearance, price change, MIRs, expired, vendor, you name it, they sent it to the backroom. Overnight’s speciality was leaking chem bottles on the top tier of a cart leaking on everything else, and let’s not forget ripped flour bags doing the same. ETLs knew and didn’t care. Lazy asshats. ASANTS, I’m sure, but frustrating for our backroom.🤬

That’s not good. Partner with them or GSTL or ETLGE. Look we’re all human and make mistakes but if it’s consistent it needs to get addressed and that can’t happen if no one knows about it

I wouldn't do that. We just have one guy and I'm not sure if he's a GSTL or ETLGE. I am sure that he's a complete asshat. I'd never take an issue to him for people making mistakes. Maybe I'll mention something to one of our more chill GSAs.

Back