To that one Team Member - II

TToTM - as much as I'm enjoying watching you struggle with an obviously too-heavy box (I can see the team lift stickers from here), you really NEED to get some help. Your cart is about to go flying across the front of the store.

(n.b. - this was last night and yes I helped him out as soon as I finished with my guest despite his protestations that he was "fine"..... with an 85 pound RTA furniture box wedged into a guest cart)

TTOTM: I know you always want me to help you in domestics, but I have my own department I have to zone/do reshop/help guests in. You’re not special 😒

Also, whenever I pass by with a cart you always throw your unsorted reshop in it without saying thank you or anything. I have enough work to do as it is.

This is also someone who has never went up for backup in her life, and asks for someone to come help her with something every five minutes

Last edited:
TTOTM: You fucked up, being a horrible person is one thing....But trying to make the leaders and long-timer TMs who have known me for three years believe your lies about me and the rest of the team is another thing. You lost the respect of most of the team you work with everyday, and now you're on thin ice. I documented and covered my ass and those pictures have been sent now proving every little lie you tried to be untrue. I have kept in contact with my own leaders outside of work, so the pictures of how trashed Softlines looked that day after I came back from lunch has been texted to our TL and is going straight to our ETL, even if I'm not around due to being on vacation. You have no empathy, and if you really think the team will want to listen to someone who only gives a shit about themselves, Jesus, and maybe their wife (even though you argue with her when she's in the store shopping), you have a big storm coming. I'm done playing nice, at least with you.

TTOTM: You fucked up, being a horrible person is one thing....But trying to make the leaders and long-timer TMs who have known me for three years believe your lies about me and the rest of the team is another thing. You lost the respect of most of the team you work with everyday, and now you're on thin ice. I documented and covered my ass and those pictures have been sent now proving every little lie you tried to be untrue. I have kept in contact with my own leaders outside of work, so the pictures of how trashed Softlines looked that day after I came back from lunch has been texted to our TL and is going straight to our ETL, even if I'm not around due to being on vacation. You have no empathy, and if you really think the team will want to listen to someone who only gives a shit about themselves, Jesus, and maybe their wife (even though you argue with her when she's in the store shopping), you have a big storm coming. I'm done playing nice, at least with you.

Hmmmm...I’m in sort of the same predicament. Although I work in a different department.

Lazy teammate....

TTOTM who puts heavy boxes on the top shelf: Stop. Not all TMs are strong enough to comfortably grab them over their heads even if they aren't team lift items. A three pack of cast iron skillets is a no. Dumbells are a no. Some of your TMs are older. Some of them are women who aren't strong. Some of them have some physical problems. Some just don't spend their free time lifting weights. Please be considerate.

TTOTL: I know full well of what I'm capable of at a register. You're not hurting my feelings one iota when you put me on a lane with less traffic. It's actually helping me because it reduces my stress when we hit a rush, so don't apologize. I'm a team player. Put me anywhere, I won't mind.

TTOTM who puts heavy boxes on the top shelf: Stop. Not all TMs are strong enough to comfortably grab them over their heads even if they aren't team lift items. A three pack of cast iron skillets is a no. Dumbells are a no. Some of your TMs are older. Some of them are women who aren't strong. Some of them have some physical problems. Some just don't spend their free time lifting weights. Please be considerate.
Same goes for OPU’s. Stop putting heavy items on the top shelf.

I literally just removed the labels for the top shelf so they can’t anymore after one of our TMs was really hurt trying to get a heavy item from the top shelf
We are having so many issues with OPU's and STS right now. Items not in the correct location, items not there, wrong items, defective items pulled, the list goes on. I'm going to start a list to give to my GE with the issues we find so they can be addressed before the reality of Q4 kicks in.

We are having so many issues with OPU's and STS right now. Items not in the correct location, items not there, wrong items, defective items pulled, the list goes on. I'm going to start a list to give to my GE with the issues we find so they can be addressed before the reality of Q4 kicks in.
Put giant signs up that say something like “ensure items are being put in the location they’re scanned in as” and remove labels for locations you don’t want, reprint labels for those you do

Put giant signs up that say something like “ensure items are being put in the location they’re scanned in as” and remove labels for locations you don’t want, reprint labels for those you do
I'm so tired of having to babysit at GS. If you don't want me telling you how to do your job, then stop making mistakes. Honestly, I think a lot of it is just TM's being lazy. Why would you put an item on the shelf without a label?

TToTM: The order pickup desk is in domestics. You’re scheduled in domestics. I’m scheduled in HBA, which is about as far away from domestics as you can get.

Please respond to order pickup calls so I don’t have to walk all the way across the store again 🙃

I'm so tired of having to babysit at GS. If you don't want me telling you how to do your job, then stop making mistakes. Honestly, I think a lot of it is just TM's being lazy. Why would you put an item on the shelf without a label?
it is them being lazy but if there are signs up, then you can let LOD know, they can bring up at huddle. partner with ETL GE

To those various TMs: Carry your discount card. You all come up to buy breakfast/lunch/snacks/whatever & I ask to scan your TM card but get "Oh! I don't have it on me. Can I just tell you my number?"
If I didn't know you worked here the answer would be "HELL NO!!!!" but as is, I type it in & remind you to carry your card.
To those idiots who STILL didn't carry their TM cards & ask why I don't remember your TM#: Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.
Next time: no card, no discount.
No kidding.

I barely remember my own number, the thought of remembering someone else's after a couple of lunches.... 🤣 sums it up nicely.

TTOETL: Thanks for telling me to break the laws of physics. By the time I finished putting the clothes on that rack the clothes were so squished that a part of me is surprised that they didn't compress to the point of forming a quantum singularity and swallowing up the Earth in the resulting black hole. Hope no guest tries to take anything off that rack.

TTOTM at guest service : don’t be afraid to salvage items ...
not only you accepted used sheets as return , but you put them as
Reshop and another TM put them back on the shelf !
Now , as SFS , I needed those sheets for an OPU ( the only ones left n the store were those used ones ..) INF it is ... do your damn job !

To those various TMs: Carry your discount card. You all come up to buy breakfast/lunch/snacks/whatever & I ask to scan your TM card but get "Oh! I don't have it on me. Can I just tell you my number?"
If I didn't know you worked here the answer would be "HELL NO!!!!" but as is, I type it in & remind you to carry your card.
To those idiots who STILL didn't carry their TM cards & ask why I don't remember your TM#: Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.
Next time: no card, no discount.
No kidding.
I’m “educating” them all on how to have your tm# in the wallet section of cartwheel.

I know this is not exactly the TM’s fault as probably nobody trained them correctly but for the love of god if you find an item in your reshop that doesn’t look sellable and it has a pink sticker on it don’t put it on the shelf???? Then I have to deal with someone trying to buy it and the only reason it has the sticker is because I’m unable to find a DPCI for it at all so I can’t even sell it to the person at a discount or something.

TTOTL: Thanks for rescuing me. I was just trying to stock infants hardlines. I don't know fuck all about the products in that department. Thank you for noticing and being cool about stopping what you were doing to answer guest questions that I can't.

TTOETL: Thanks for being cool that I was 10 minutes late last week. Shit happens. You didn't say a word about it even though you saw me clocking in late. You increased my hours afterwords on the next schedule. Stuff like this is why when you ask me to do something I automatically say yes.

TTOGSTL: Go fuck yourself. Stop calling me on the walkie to ask if we have specific funkos in stock to hold for callers who will come in later to pick them up. Those fucking things are in three different locations and locked up in the backroom. I have work today that doesn't include locating cheap toys for resellers. The third time you walkied me last shift, I lied. I was staring right at the damn funko you asked about and said, nope not in stock because I wanted to shove it up your ass head first.

Back