To that one Team Member - II

I was told that my store no longer has someone stationed at the fitting room after 7 pm. I don't know if that means the FR is entirely closed at that point. The SLTMs are all on the floor working reshop and zoning instead, and phones are being sent to ring over the PA system. This came up when I watched LOD and GSTL trying to figure out how to answer calls on the Zebra a week or so ago.

Phones are forwarded to zebras, so no need for overhead ringing nor operator. Fitting room is tag teamed now, and nobody is "stationed" there. Reshop is getting done just fine. We are ULV.

No dedicated operator? Why not?

I was told that my store no longer has someone stationed at the fitting room after 7 pm. I don't know if that means the FR is entirely closed at that point. The SLTMs are all on the floor working reshop and zoning instead, and phones are being sent to ring over the PA system. This came up when I watched LOD and GSTL trying to figure out how to answer calls on the Zebra a week or so ago.

Something like that. There is still a SL TM that will take turns covering the fitting room for an hour, but now our store delegates all store calls to both a Softlines or Hardlines TM for an hour to cover calls when the store phone rings. I'm barely getting familiar on using the zebra, and I finally know how to pick up a call (ex. 2280, etc.)

Phones are forwarded to zebras, so no need for overhead ringing nor operator. Fitting room is tag teamed now, and nobody is "stationed" there. Reshop is getting done just fine. We are ULV.

I hate that stupid Zebra app. The phone ringing when I sign into it is almost as annoying as the drive-up honking. Thus, I don't sign in and just run to the electronics boat for the cordless when I'm paged to take a call.

At a huddle we were told to use the zebras to pick up calls after the operator announced who the call is for. The cordless is swapped between softlines TMs throughout the day for answering the outside calls. Even if no one is assigned to the fitting room, well, it's not much different than a couple years ago when the FRO was not at the fitting room most of the night due to reshop and zoning and still answered calls.

You’ll learn that there is no such thing as training at Target. Ask for help from fellow team members, observe and learn. It sucks, but it’s a sink or swim culture.
Things were a lot different the first time I worked for them :( At least 99.9% of my guests have been nice, and most of the bosses and coworkers are nice. (Though there are a few assholes, unfortunately they're ones I seem to have to deal with on a daily basis...)

TTO(new)STL: read the damn contract before you start lecturing me on what we have to do under it. Nowhere does it state that we are to act as “backup” for the front lanes when y’all are short-handed. And threatening to “report us” for refusing to ring out Target items if the guest isn’t picking up a rx is a pretty shitty thing to do. Go ahead and “report” me, my DM has been in the pharmacy when I’ve refused!

It never occurred to me that pharmacy could back up the lanes, but I always wonder--who can back up the pharmacy? Occasionally we get calls for additional cashiers to the pharmacy, but...can we do that?

I had one of those. She was angry sounding and sometimes downright rude every time I told her that she would be contacted via phone or email, and she just kept calling back for days. I can understand persistence, but honey, vinegar, flies, be cheerful sounding.
We actually had a girl call and ask a HRTM why she didn't pass the drug test 😑

i'm really curious what the margins are on Bullseye's Playground. all of it comes from China so it's cheap to produce.
I'm sure it's insanely high. That's why it's on the right hand side in most stores when you walk in the door. That's usually where the most profitable items in any retail store are usually located.

TTOflowTM: Restocking individual LOL balls is easy. You don't put them next to the box. Flip the box over, put the ball in, and then put the box back on the shelf right side up. How has this never occured to you?

TTotherflowTM: When despite your Herculean efforts to do so you can't figure out how to shove more of an item of the shelf, maybe consider not just leaving it on the floor in front of the shelf? Don't think who is doing it has gone unnoticed.

Finding an unlocated item buried in push is really really really super duper hit or miss. Depending on how bad your store is the probability of finding it is 5% if you're lucky. The only time I've successfully found something like that after an earnest effort was in a cart of repack push in sporting goods. A guest was looking for a specific DPCI of Camelbak water bottle and I dug through 3 carts of push that were already out on the floor to find it. I only spotted it because it happened to have the DPCI printed on the box and it was broken out into a cart. Had it still been in a repack, not broken out, on a pallet somewhere in the backroom, forget about it.
Exactly. Our softlines truck for Thursday was 150 repacks plus assortment packs. Didn't get completely sorted until 2:30 today (Friday). Good luck finding one pair of leggings in that.

Last edited:
It never occurred to me that pharmacy could back up the lanes, but I always wonder--who can back up the pharmacy? Occasionally we get calls for additional cashiers to the pharmacy, but...can we do that?
ASANTS but Pharmacy just hits that at my store whenever they need the GSTL or LOD over there, so it might just be that.

TTOTM: Why did you tell that guest on Wednesday that we stop processing Order Pickups at 10:40? I know you don’t want to be bothered at that time, but you can’t just start making up policies out of your ass. We can process order pickups until the store closes. They have barely any time to pick up orders as it is. That’s not cool.

Back