To that one Team Member - II

To that full team of inbound or flow or whatever...as a backroom team member...when I do daily audits I must scan upcs of the product...if you do not put the label on the GD FRONT of the box...PUT IT ON THE FRONT OF THE BOX AND STO CORRECTLY!!!!! OMFG...k...I have to turn it move it and if the label is missing I need to open it to get to it. If the label is missing do me the damn kind favor of taking the time out of YOUR busy day to write the UPC on the front (not the DPCI) and please learn how to do that. I have MY busy day and am constantly told I am being too slow due to issues like this most likely. I can't say exactly why my day is going slow but I know a few factors and THAT IS FUCKING ONE OF 'EM... fuck this new process it ruined backroom because more than half the team doesnt understand it at all and do not give a fuck at all...uuuugghhh it took me two days to get it and I got less than 10 min to teach each of these guys and I only got to train a few of them. This is a disaster.

Last edited:
I'll never understand why that team decided to call 'casepacks' children.

At my day job, I do package testing for one of the home improvement stores, and they use "children" to refer to multiple SKUs in a repack shipper (and probably BR/DC locations as well, but I don't deal with those). I assumed it was the same here.

To whoever does the schedule, can I PLEASE stop getting split shifts between cashier and hardlines? I mean, it's better than an 8 hour straight cashiering shift, but jeeeeeeeeez.

To whoever does the schedule, can I PLEASE stop getting split shifts between cashier and hardlines? I mean, it's better than an 8 hour straight cashiering shift, but jeeeeeeeeez.
At my store they have been doing this lately and the ETLs have been keeping them in hardlines/ softlines the entire 8 hours rather than send them to cashier.... which makes our already skeleton cashier crew even worse and then I’m calling for backup.

We had six cashiers scheduled all day yesterday. Six. And we don't have SCO. And one of those cashiers called out... backup backup backup!

Dang, I thought that our 7 was bad. At least we have SCO (that guests grudgingly use when the lane(s) is backed up).

We had six cashiers scheduled all day yesterday. Six. And we don't have SCO. And one of those cashiers called out... backup backup backup!
The one kind of good thing about being a two story store is that we never have as low as 6, so our cashier hours never die completely.

We did have 10 all day yesterday though, so 5 on each level all day plus the 4 we needed to open and close both levels of SCO, which was rough.

At my store they have been doing this lately and the ETLs have been keeping them in hardlines/ softlines the entire 8 hours rather than send them to cashier.... which makes our already skeleton cashier crew even worse and then I’m calling for backup.

REALLY hoping they just let me go to the floor, but these are happening on weekends, and I can guarantee the GSAs/GSTLs won't give me up until the last second...

To almost all team members I have encountered in the few months I've worked at Target: Thank you for helping me along and being kind to me. I was terrified of getting a job in retail and pretty much had a panic attack the night before my first day of GS training. But you all have been wonderful and honestly getting this job was one of my best decisions in a long long time. You guys always help me when I have a dumb question or when I have trouble lifting something. This job wouldn't be the same without you guys

Last edited:
TTOTL: you sir are an asshat! Who the heck clocks out before their tms and stands around asking why no one is up front ready to go. Let me say this again. You sir are an asshat! No, no one has a damn walkie to call the other tms YOU left in toys! Yes we slowly trickled up ONLY because of compliance because your flaky self cant follow basic protocol! AND WHAT CLOSING MANAGER CLOCKS OUT BEFORE THEIR CREW! Ass. . .hat. . .

Last edited:
Back