To that one Team Member - II

(Background: My husband bought something for his business at a Target other than mine, it broke, and he told me to return it on his behalf. No TM discount, so I looked like any other guest.)

TTOGSTM:
- When telling whoever on the walkie that you were helping someone, saying "customer" is not the right word.
- After I have said several times that I'm wanting to get another similar item in exchange, not offering any return options other than "insert your card for refund" is not guest friendly. You could have at least offered a gift card up front.
- When I ask if the refund will go back onto the card immediately or if it will take 3 days because I need to purchase a similar item, please do not bullshit me with "It will be back on your card in 24 hours." Hello, it's Saturday. If there's going to be a hold on return funds, are you really telling me that the banks will all talk to each other and release it on a Sunday? So what's the truth, immediately or a few days, and why don't you want to say it?
- When I say I want to go get another item and then have it done as a return/purchase on the same transaction so there's no hold up on funds, which I have seen done a million times, which I have had offered to me at my store, it's kinda hard to believe that you were following policy when you said, your words exactly, "I don't think they will let you do that." Well obviously "they" will, because whoever you brought up there to handle me when I came back with the new item did exactly that.

To the Starbucks team - thanks for my "hug in a mug" last night. It was needed after a long and cold weekend. :)

To the softlines team - I will be calling you out if you don't respond to backing up at the lanes from now on. Sick of it. If you can't do it, just say so instead of ignoring the walkie. I was the only one in hardlines besides electronics and beauty last night when they called and it will take five minutes if a couple of us go up there.

TTOTL: Stop talking to me like I'm a particularly dim toddler, you asshole. Yes, I understand what you want me to do, but there's only so many times I can do the same thing over and over again every shift before I go nuts, so yes, I will sometimes do other tasks during the day to break up the monotony.

TTOTL: I don’t feel comfortable with you, you’re anxious as a leader and it shows - ITS OBVIOUS. And I’m already anxious as an individual already so your anxiety on top of mine is a minefield. Please calm down and take a deep breath.

TTOTL: I don’t feel comfortable with you, you’re anxious as a leader and it shows - ITS OBVIOUS. And I’m already anxious as an individual already so your anxiety on top of mine is a minefield. Please calm down and take a deep breath.
It's an ugly situation, but maybe the TL is no more able to control his/her anxiety than you. Maybe taking a deep breath and just calming down is something that is no more in his/her power than it is in yours.

TTOTM: Please don't tell a guest you'll bring an item up to GS before you go look for it...if we're out of stock on it, then we have to tell that guest when they get to the lanes and a lot of the time they're unhappy. CHECK FIRST. If there's no location, there's none in the back. (Ignore the "11 on hand" thing, because 0 on the floor and 0 in back usually means we don't have it.) Tell the guest that on the floor. It's not hard.

TTOM don't leave the cardboard ( I swear it's the veterans who do this) by the compactor and walk away. Call for the key.
Sorry, we do this in pharmacy because we were explicitly told NOT to put it in the compactor since we aren’t trained on “Baler safety” (as non- Target employees.) There used to be a bin next to it for us to put it in, but that disappeared about a year ago, so I just set it next to the compactor. 😔

TTOTM: Mad props for picking up hours like crazy, but save some for the rest of us! I only had four hours this week, and was hoping to work Saturday...

To that one Team Member who lost their shit and gave me some entertainment, I love you.

ETL-GE: "Hey TM, I know you're leaving soon but ETL-Log noticed some unworked electronics freight"
TOTM: "Okay, how much is it?"
ETL-Log: "oh yeah its like 8 days of backed up freight, we haven't had anyone to do it so do whatever you can"
TOTM: "YOU ALL HAVE TO BE KIDDING, I AM 5 MINUTES FROM LEAVING AND YOU PULL THIS SHIT ON ME? IM NOT DOING IT"
ETL-GE: "Heeeeeeyyy TM, please come to TMSC so everyone can talk privately"
TOTM: "NO ITS 4:00, IM LEAVING FOR THE DAY. BYE"
ETL-Log: "...o......ok ok have a good day!"

ETL-GE: "Log go to 2"

Everyone in store goes on 2

GE: "so yeah....um...is TM okay?..that was a bit harsh..."
Log: "yeah, we did overwork them today, its fine. They did the backed up freight from toys all day"
GE: "Okay...We cannot allow TMs to talk that way on the walkie....should we do a write up?"
Log: "No, Ive heard worse. Remember that I used to work at Walmart"
GE: ".................o....................Ok..."

😂😂😂😂

TToTL's - how about giving us some cart attendants? Please??

TTOETL: you have been here all of one week and have managed to alienate a good chunk of the team with your fake interest in what we do and how we do it. you're new to target, congrats, but we have our methods of getting tasks done, proven methods approved by other etls and the stl. and also, maybe copy us when we tell you we're going to break/lunch/leaving for the day? you can do at least that while you sip on your starbucks in tsc.

Back