To that one Team Member - II

This! The GSAs at my store feel that they're above cashiering. They'll do anything but cashier even if they're scheduled a cashier shift.
I and my gstl will rock paper scissors to see who gets to jump on a lane and who has to watch the front. Lol We both like to break up the monotony of the day with cashiering.

This! The GSAs at my store feel that they're above cashiering. They'll do anything but cashier even if they're scheduled a cashier shift.

This, but literally everyone down to the cashiers in my store. They all want to work at GS instead of being on a lane. If we call for backup, a lot of them go to backup on GS instead of on a lane for some reason.

TTOTM - I just had the LOD coach you 2 weekends ago about taking 15 minutes to "prepare" after clocking in for your 4 hour cashier shift...and you just did it again today
Only 15 minutes? I’ve seen other tm take 45. Not cashiers but Plano\pricing claiming they ‘need stuff’ that takes forever to gather: walkie, zebra, cart, printer, tools, etc.

TTOGSTL: I understand you're following the "guest obsessed" mentality (whatever that changes from last month) but could you just once stick to policy and have your GSA's back? I told the guest what price match policy was and that we couldn't match the clearance water bottles to a different store (and certainly not all 30 you had). The GSA backed me up on it and reiterated the policy. You darn well know better!!!

TTOGSTL: I understand you're following the "guest obsessed" mentality (whatever that changes from last month) but could you just once stick to policy and have your GSA's back? I told the guest what price match policy was and that we couldn't match the clearance water bottles to a different store (and certainly not all 30 you had). The GSA backed me up on it and reiterated the policy. You darn well know better!!!

What is this 'policy' you are referring to? We have one of those? :rolleyes:

TTOGSA: You're really nice and understanding, which I appreciate, but since I've heard rumors from other GSTLs and front end team members that you like to take breaks or use your phone when you should be working, I've started to notice that you like to avoid back-up cashiering or the checklanes whenever you can. For example, you shut your light off today when there were still many guests waiting in line during the lunch hour rush. One of the guests you rejected had a tax-exempt form, which I had to help them with at self-checkout, and subsequently, I couldn't keep an eye on the other three registers being used. I am shocked that you still get close to 40 hours every week despite your long breaks and not being at the front end when you are needed.

TTOTM: Similar to above, you're nice and understanding, but why do you always like to ask if you can go to dollar spot and clean up there? Is it because you don't like dealing with guests? You're a cashier so you really should prioritize guests, especially when it gets busy. I get it, some guests can be annoying to deal with, but Target is emphasizing friendly service for our guests, so you can't just hide in dollar spot for most of your shift.

TTOnewTM: If I have to pair up with you tomorrow....or next week...or any time before you learn the job, I'm going to go to TSC and hang myself in the break room. How is "Can you go check the fitting rooms and make sure they are clean?" too Target-ese for you to understand? If it really is, why not ask for definition instead of saying "Okay". And when we are putting stuff on a Z for running it, when I ask repeatedly "Please do not put women's clearance on this," how can you not understand that it means don't put on any women's clothing with a clearance sticker on it on that z? Especially when you see me pulling it right back off and putting that on a different bar. How is any of that not descriptive enough? Please, learn the job, learn the language, fast.

To the leads tonight...

Thank you for not really making me cashier. I'd rather be with all the guests in seasonal working out all the pallets of candy instead, and you let me do that. Not a bad night overall.

What time of day is the shift? My store, there's a time of day that people will fight over your shift, and there's a time of day where there's not even a prayer of anyone taking it.

What time of day is the shift? My store, there's a time of day that people will fight over your shift, and there's a time of day where there's not even a prayer of anyone taking it.

8am -12pm, Sunday, flex pick shift.

I just think it's funny just cause of all the endless "we have no hours" yet when hours are offered...It's crickets.

TTOnewTM: If I have to pair up with you tomorrow....or next week...or any time before you learn the job, I'm going to go to TSC and hang myself in the break room. How is "Can you go check the fitting rooms and make sure they are clean?" too Target-ese for you to understand? If it really is, why not ask for definition instead of saying "Okay". And when we are putting stuff on a Z for running it, when I ask repeatedly "Please do not put women's clearance on this," how can you not understand that it means don't put on any women's clothing with a clearance sticker on it on that z? Especially when you see me pulling it right back off and putting that on a different bar. How is any of that not descriptive enough? Please, learn the job, learn the language, fast.
I found out that she had previously worked the fitting room at a major clothing retailer. It really boggles my mind now that when I cleared the rooms right after asking her a second time to clean them, when I dropped the armfuls of clothing on the desk she stared shocked and said "All that came out of the fitting rooms?" Seriously, how can you have previous fitting room experience and be shocked when it takes double armfuls plus two trips to clean the fitting rooms?

TTOETL: You have to use that brain. I’m not going to be around to make communication possible between you and the team.

This is the most recent thing:

ETL “What are you working on rando TM?”
RTM “I’m doing an OPU, but I’m working on resales”
ETL “What do you mean?”
RTM “It’s just a regular OPU, not a drive up”
ETL “Okay. What is this resales you’re working on?”
RTM “The resale stuff. I’m almost done with it though so should I zone something?”
ETL “What is resale stuff? Where is it”

At this point, I walk by and say, “Hey Rando TM. Awesome job clearing out the reshop. Thanks for doing it so quickly. How’s OPU, need any support?”

I mean obviously Rando TM is newish and doesn’t know all the Target terms, but I’d think the ETL would be able to figure out resale merchandise = reshops.

Ditto. I had no clue what "resales" were, I thought maybe a returned online order. Rando shouldn't have used the same term over and over and should have used other words to convey what he was doing when it was clear he wasn't being understood. And why would he be putting out reshop when he has an OPU he is working on, since those are timed.

To that one cart guy who did nothing: thanks for putting in your two weeks. Also thanks for not showing up for the rest of your shifts. I don't mind cart parties when it's nice out.

To that one cart guy who did nothing: thanks for putting in your two weeks. Also thanks for not showing up for the rest of your shifts. I don't mind cart parties when it's nice out.
How long was the cart attendant working at your store? I just can't believe that they would not be reprimanded for not doing their job. Wouldn't guests complain if the carts weren't collected for them?

How long was the cart attendant working at your store? I just can't believe that they would not be reprimanded for not doing their job. Wouldn't guests complain if the carts weren't collected for them?

I've only been at my store since October and I think he started around Black Friday? Not sure. The GSTLs/GSAs would complain about having to remind him to clear the lot, empty trashes, etc. I think we're all glad he's gone.

To ETL-HR and STL:

Look I'm just gonna ask if you're either blind or stupid. I have said NUMEROUS times I cannot work at 6AM on weekends. I take the bus. The bus does not run that early. My availability CLEARLY indicates this. Each time I keep having HR change it. Stop fucking doing this.

And I'm going to fucking half-ass the eventual overnight inventory shift they try and give me if they don't ask me about it.

Back