To that one Team Member - II

Went back to this store for lunch and I'm convinced they either don't give a shit or they're severely understaffed to get their reshop. The whole GSD area looks like shit.
Not brand. Not very hotel lobby.

Maybe rundown side of the highway motel lobby. But not Waldorf Astoria.

View attachment 8359
Yeah, more like the No-Tell Motel...😂

To a few of our guest advocates: Use your brain (if you have one).

Since giving people more responsibility and service desk responsibility, I have stopped one TM from taking $150 off beats based on a screenshot (thank god she didn’t have supervisor numbers), caught our drive up tm waiting in the parking lot for the guest (that did not hit here yet) because he was worried that the guest took more than 10 minutes. one girl forgot the difference between esim and salvage (this was at least her 10th service desk shift), so she just put every non food defective on the ground in a hand basket and ignored it. i made two tms answer a guest service call today and each of them handed me the phone after saying “hi. this is guest service.” grown people!! before i made them answer they were just ignoring the calls!

another tm price matched 20 of those walmart charmin to $3 because he thought it was cool how much she was saving! also, let her split transactions to use coupons on them! another tm called me over because the item wasn’t on the receipt... the lady handed him two because she was unsure. he only tried one and then got nervous and called for help (i need to stress he was thoroughly trained... like much more than i was and this is like his 20th shift at least at SD). i could go on for days.

brains are rare these days!

Last edited:

Since giving people more responsibility and service desk responsibility, I have stopped one TM from taking $150 off beats based on a screenshot (thank god she didn’t have supervisor numbers), caught our drive up tm waiting in the parking lot for the guest (that did not hit here yet) because he was worried that the guest took more than 10 minutes. one girl forgot the difference between esim and salvage (this was at least her 10th service desk shift), so she just put every non food defective on the ground in a hand basket and ignored it. i made two tms answer a guest service call today and each of them handed me the phone after saying “hi. this is guest service.” grown people!! before i made them answer they were just ignoring the calls!

another tm price matched 20 of those walmart charmin to $3 because he thought it was cool how much she was saving! also, let her split transactions to use coupons on them! another tm called me over because the item wasn’t on the receipt... the lady handed him two because she was unsure. he only tried one and then got nervous and called for help (i need to stress he was thoroughly trained... like much more than i was and this is like his 20th shift at least at SD). i could go on for days.

Definitely partner with SETL or ETLSE on this

This kinda nonsense is why I left. Probably 1/3 of my store's front end isn't capable of doing it all! And I was supposed to supervise them, SD, OPU and DU and run SCO. All for the exact same pay as they got, plus handle any unruly Karens. No can do!

Last edited:
To those cashiers: Yes, I know your thirsty & you're allowed ice water at your lane but CHILL THE FUCK OUT!!!!
I've got a line of PAYING guests to the door & you can NOT come behind the counter to 'help yourself' because I don't know WHERE your hands have been & you do NOT scoop ice with your CUP.
Since you're NOT food safety-trained, cool your jets & wait!!!!
:mad:

>Yes, I know your thirsty & you're allowed ice water at your lane but CHILL THE FUCK OUT!!!!

Man, I wish sales floor was allowed such things. One thing that sucks about hardlines is we cover a lot of ground and aren't allowed to/have no reasonable place to stash a bottle of water.

At my store they tell us to grab our own water from Starbucks so we don’t make the line long, we just have to wash our hands back there before we touch anything

>Yes, I know your thirsty & you're allowed ice water at your lane but CHILL THE FUCK OUT!!!!

Man, I wish sales floor was allowed such things. One thing that sucks about hardlines is we cover a lot of ground and aren't allowed to/have no reasonable place to stash a bottle of water.
When I didn't have a three tier or a Z, I would tuck my bottle in a sheltered area next to a fixture while I worked in an area.

I'm grateful my store is chill about food and drinks on the floor. Anything non-alcoholic goes as long as we leave no trace of it at the end of our shift, comply with food safety guidelines, and just use our grown-ass-adult judgement. As a shopper, I want to see employees who seem at home and at liberty in their store.

At my store they tell us to grab our own water from Starbucks so we don’t make the line long, we just have to wash our hands back there before we touch anything

I'm jealous. We aren't even allowed to have a water from starbucks at all during our shift except the ETL and GSTL, apparently they can do whatever they want. Our baristas would cringe at the thought of one of us coming behind to help ourselves to anything LOL

I'm jealous. We aren't even allowed to have a water from starbucks at all during our shift except the ETL and GSTL, apparently they can do whatever they want. Our baristas would cringe at the thought of one of us coming behind to help ourselves to anything LOL
We’re only allowed to have drinks during our breaks :( even if it’s sealed with a lid we can’t have it all with us. I get so thirsty from talking so much while cashiering, it’s hell haha

Back