To that one Team Member - II

To that one team member. You literally see me coming with the roll of trash bags in my hand, and you feel it necessary to say, "Don't forget to get the trash at Starbucks."?! I'm on my way to do it RIGHT NOW.
I had a store manager at my old company who walked around one morning pointing out signs that were missing while I was in the middle of setting the ad. 🙄

TTOTM...When you are scheduled to close, that means you are supposed to stay until All Clear is called, especially up at checkout! What if we all left a few minutes before store close, and left guests with stuff to buy?

You’re upset that a ™ left at the time they were scheduled to?
I don't blame them. Front end should not leave until cleared, especially if there are guests still in the store. That's just the way it is at closing in retail. Plus, OP did say a few minutes before closing.

I don't blame them. Front end should not leave until cleared, especially if there are guests still in the store. That's just the way it is at closing in retail. Plus, OP did say a few minutes before closing.
Few minutes before is one thing but at the time you’re scheduled target can’t make you stay longer

So if there is one cashier and the closing announcement is made, and someone says on the radio that a guest is coming up to the register, you are fine with that cashier just leaving? That's never been the way it was any place I've worked. Our TLs always remind everyone not to leave until the floor is clear.

So if there is one cashier and the closing announcement is made, and someone says on the radio that a guest is coming up to the register, you are fine with that cashier just leaving? That's never been the way it was any place I've worked. Our TLs always remind everyone not to leave until the floor is clear.
I am fine with cashiers leaving at the time they're scheduled to. Sometimes at my store cashiers are scheduled 15 minutes after close for this reason

I had a store manager at my old company who walked around one morning pointing out signs that were missing while I was in the middle of setting the ad. 🙄
We had an ETL who'd go around scanning for missing signs when we'd only begun putting them up, print out gobs of signs, then hand them out to the TMs who'd done those areas. Oh wow, you're kidding me, but I've already put up all these signs. Pitch all the ones he printed in the trash. So glad he transferred to another store.

This is how I know you don't do OPU. I like my job, basically. I don't generally get mad when people order shit. But, there is no way to do OPU regularly and at least once or twice a shift not proclaim, "For fuck's sake, do your own damn shopping, asshole!" It's just the way it is. Orders can get ridiculous. You want to really pull out your hair? Fulfill an order that is something like 2 bookshelves. Now push that around as the guest also ordered some fragile home decor items. Great. Oh, but this guest isn't done with you yet. Nope. You need to head over to beauty and get 6 items of makeup. Now, it's on to softlines cause momma needs a new pair of earrings and a purse. Wait! You're not done yet. Gonna need you to grab some chapstick from the checklanes. Remember to smile when the guest comes in next week to finally pick that shit up.
We have a TM at my store takes her last break at 2.30 pm and order a massive OPU every Tuesday (it doesn’t fail for taco Tuesday )
Tortillas, taco seasoning , bounty , but the cheap version ... I know the toilet paper she uses , i know someone in her household has an yeast infection and jock itch , and this week she added her kids school supplies ! 92 items that we had to pick and scan in less than 30 minutes ! It was all over the store and backroom . Etl helped with that order and was fuming !!!!
I don’t mind TMs ordering OPU , but don’t be an ass !

Our TLs always remind everyone not to leave until the floor is clear.
Total ASANTS here. At my store we all wander up front around close as we finish our workloads, clock out, and trickle out one by one while the closing LOD is locking the entrance doors. And whoever ran the front end that evening is scheduled 15min past close to deal with straggler guests, like @Amanda Cantwell mentioned

It's arguably the least important position at Target. HQ already gives us a VMG for everything a VM touches. All the VM has to do is match the pictures. How that is justification for PG45 and quasi-TL treatment, I'll never know. Same for the training they give Style Consultants. No, can't have them sit down at a computer themselves and read over a few pages. They need someone who is paid more than they are to hold their hand the entire time, as if they're toddlers.

If they actually had a team and owned all the VM areas of the store, DBO-style, yeah. Sure. Why not. But they don't, so there's no reason why VM can't be a sub-role for Style TLs the same way Presentation and Fulfillment are sub-roles for GMTLs.

Leading Fulfillment or Presentation alone is more of a workload than what VMs are given, yet GMTLs need to do the former and manage a team and own dozens of aisles. They need to interview, coach, give reviews, pick up the slack when their TMs call off, and answer for metrics that aren't met.

What does a VM do? Visually audit the salesfloor so make sure -- god forbid -- a red shirt isn't touching a black one?
Not sure what you mean by training Style Consultants? Is that part of the VM's job? Never happens at my store.

VMs were to train Style Consultants on the proper ways of displaying clothing (brand, color, size, etc..) not too long ago, and just recently for something else (proper folding techniques, I believe).

When I say train, I mean taking them to a computer and guiding them through a learning plan that was already setup to explain everything they needed to know. Why the VM even needed to be involved, I don't know.
I wonder if maybe ours did this with some of the morning crew. I remember signing some training printouts, can't remember if I did any solo computer training on the subject.

To that one HR person: Sorry that I offended you by asking if other team members in other departments would like to try carts, but you didn't need to be snarky and say that I have a bad attitude and I won't get more hours in the future. I've done carts even though it wasn't my preference when plenty of other team members have declined because they don't want to. I figured that it was worth a shot, no need to make those kinds of comments.

To that SETL/GSTL: I'm really tired of you. You refuse to back-up when it the lines at the registers become busy and it seems like other GSTLs are really tired of you. What the hell did you even do to deserve this position over other team members is beyond me. Yesterday was the worse though. There were times when there were only one or two cashiers, and yet you refused to jump on and you were probably upstairs texting or something.

TTOTM: I don't know if it's just your general personality (I assume not, since I've seen you interact and be lively with other TMs), but when I say Good Morning or Hello, or try to ask you a question, you can stop with the constipated look, thanks. I don't know if it's because I'm still relatively new (been there almost a month now), or if you personally have an issue with me, but I can do without the blank attitude.

TTOTM: I don't know if it's just your general personality (I assume not, since I've seen you interact and be lively with other TMs), but when I say Good Morning or Hello, or try to ask you a question, you can stop with the constipated look, thanks. I don't know if it's because I'm still relatively new (been there almost a month now), or if you personally have an issue with me, but I can do without the blank attitude.
They maybe not allowed to talk to you. Asants.

We have some tm like that. Closed clique. Not part of their clan, not gettin the time of day. A bit annoying that they can’t “good morning” back to a co-worker - a straight up cold shoulder silence as a response to a warm hearted hello is ignorant.

TTOTL: thanks for telling my mid to come in (and leave) early to cover your department without telling me or attempting to cover the rest of their scheduled shift.

TTOETL: thanks for sticking me with the newbie ETL, who has never closed and has to do cash office because you all gave every other TL time off this weekend. Cherry on top was telling him that I would run the sales floor.

TL;DR: this weekend is already a dumpster fire.

To that one ETL, What in the name of all that is holy made you think that taking away the cart pusher on weekdays was a good idea?! Literally walked in today, and it's not in the well. I asked my SETL, and she said that we're no longer allowed to use it on weekdays, and she's not sure yet whether they will give it back to us for the weekend. And the cherry on top? We're still expected to be the first to respond to additional cashier calls, and drive-up orders. I literally didn't get my break until I was over four hours into a 5.5 hour shift.

That is so totally crazy that I suspect it's actually broken and they are unsure if it will be fixed by the weekend. Or that someone between current shift and last shift screwed up with it so badly that OSHA is involved and leadership is in major CYA mode.

That is so totally crazy that I suspect it's actually broken and they are unsure if it will be fixed by the weekend. Or that someone between current shift and last shift screwed up with it so badly that OSHA is involved and leadership is in major CYA mode.
As far as I am aware, neither is the case. All current cart attendants are present, accounted for, and not maimed. There was an incident a couple weeks ago, but that involved a guest driving too close to the cart pusher and scraping her car, and not any improper action by the cart attendant. (For matters of full disclosure, I was the cart attendant when the incident happened. Also, that guest realized she was at fault, and didn't file an incident report). The machine was in proper working order when I closed the store on Wednesday. I was told that the Leadership removed it before the morning cart attendant arrived at 11:00 AM Thursday. No motivation was given, but one of my former GSAs was speculating that they were trying to discourage multiple trips to the more distant cart corrals. Mind you that any cart attendant worth their salt will only go there once the closer corrals have been emptied. I had an ETL tell me yesterday that it should only take 10-15 minutes to clear the lot by hand. Maybe, if I weren't also doing backup cashier, carry-outs, and drive-ups.

Back