To that one Team Member - II

I hope he made that logic leap because he prioritized the right things and worked his brain cells into exhaustion during school hours and the poor little cells were snoozing at that moment. Otherwise I really fear for the future if 17 year olds have that appalling lack of common sense.

TTOTM (at a different store in the district): I wasn’t trying to be a bitch when I asked that you bag my cleaning supplies separate from my meat & produce. (I mean, seriously, that was one of the first things I was told about bagging.) Throwing items in the bags afterward and then slamming them on the counter was also unnecessary. Little did you know that your current STL is my former STL & he stopped me on my way out to chat. He asked how I liked the remodel & I said it was good to see what things would look like once they’re finished at *my store.* He asked if I had any “issues” at checkout and I kind of hesitated. He already knew & pretty much called you out on everything. Apparently, you’ve been coached about these things before, and are going to be again. Sorrynotsorry

OPU is simply giving order to guest, either at GS or drive up. In my store, it has nothing to do with picking the order.

Actually yes it does. SFS you can take the time to dig a bit deeper into searching, OPU that 30min is counting down so you make the choice to INF faster than you would SFS.. It sucks but how spot wants it. SFS are larger batches to pick and are a pretty set amount per day(set by volume), OPU is anywhere from zero to them dropping 25 orders at once and guess what you still have only 30min to pick all 25 orders not eaches. Each order can be 7-?? number of eaches. So the pressure cooker of OPU is way hotter than SFS.

At my store, OPU pickers are the SFS pickers. We just have to pause our carts when they pop up. That doesn't do any wonders for my pick score for regular batches I'm sure, but what can ya do.

At my store, OPU pickers are the SFS pickers. We just have to pause our carts when they pop up. That doesn't do any wonders for my pick score for regular batches I'm sure, but what can ya do.

What we do, you are using a second bar code to pick OPU on the SFS cart.

TTOTM: I swear, it seems like every time I pass you, you either ask “can you bring this up to the front please” or “can you help me with this reshop please?”. Look, we all have work to do. Stop trying to push extra work onto me.

What we do, you are using a second bar code to pick OPU on the SFS cart.

Yeah, usually we key in our Initials as the last two letters, but it blows when you're on the sales floor already and have to go all the way to the basement for the first couple items. Sometimes, I just grab another cart or just carry the items depending on what they are.

Why is it my responsibility, a plano/flex fill TM, to help in domestics? It's not *my* business. They have their DBOs.

Your store has a basement wtf
Yes, Well the basement is the stock and SFS area, with a freight elevator as the only way to get down there and back up. It sometimes takes 4-8 minutes for the thing to arrive, taking a good chunk off the Picking time for OPUs if you need to get down there from the sales floor and back up again. It's a joy, really, lol

Last edited:
TTOTM: Your shift ended at 9:30. There is no excuse for you to wait until the lights turn off at 11 and then bring up your full cart of groceries that have to be bagged individually, and rung up one or 2 at a time so you can get your 75 cents or dollar off.

You work here, and you should know better.
Minor bit of Devil's advocate here. If s/he had a full cart, I can easily see it taking an hour and a half to shop. I will absolutely agree on the rest, though.

Okay STL you can put me in planorama all you fucking want.

I'm calling out the first day and coming in late the second. This isn't mt fucking job.

To the Food Avenue lady: Chill out, why were you allegedly cursing up a storm in front of team members when a bag of coffee beans spilled? I get your frustration but I had to clean it up (along with the GSA) and it would have been nice if you had told me the spill was behind the counters where you were instead of the area where guests sit, like I thought when I was first informed of the situation. I was already having a rough time of it with no cart pusher while trying to bring carts in and this did not help at all.

Coffee beans? Why didn't FA clean it up?
I don't know, GSA even told me when we were cleaning up that it wasn't my responsibility. Maybe it was because she was the only team member there at the time and she wanted to be ready if guests wanted to order. If the spill were in an area where guests sit, I can understand that it would be my responsibility. However, like I thought, the fact it took place where the Food Avenue team members work meant it was Food Avenue's responsibility.
All I know is she was making such a fuss about it that both the GSA and an HR team member from TSC asked me to clean it up, so that means her behavior must have been REALLY bad.

Last edited:
I don't know, GSA even told me when we were cleaning up that it wasn't my responsibility. Maybe it was because she was the only team member there at the time and she wanted to be ready if guests wanted to order. If the spill were in an area where guests sit, I can understand that it would be my responsibility. However, like I thought, the fact it took place where the Food Avenue team members work meant it was Food Avenue's responsibility.
All I know is she was making such a fuss about it that both the GSA and an HR team member from TSC asked me to clean it up, so that means her behavior must have been REALLY bad.
Seriously, she doesn't know how to sweep? No one told her to get a freaking broom and have at it? Ugh, people are so annoying.

TTOETL: I understand you all are stressed and under high pressure, but it shouldnt have to be a 10 minute battle every time I ask you to come to the desk because a guest wants to speak to a manager while our two GSTLs are not in the building. And I don't appreciate you having me coached for calling you too much as if I only call for when a situation escalates over my paygrade or if another department we need doesn't respond.

Just giving them a giftcard and "making it right" won't fix everything, they want to fucking speak to you. Don't be a manager if you don't want to manage everything

Last edited:
TTOTL: Yes, my walkie is off. I'm trying to focus on my job. Listening to your team blab into the walkie all morning about their one for ones and truck is distracting and irritating. I really don't give a shit how many baby food uboats are still on the line and everything else the DBO is going to do before getting to them. I care that we appear to be missing a case of peanut butter. I'm trying to enter zen mode to find it. Your team is hurting my zen. So, my walkie is fucking off. Oh, and I found the peanut butter. It was shoved behind other boxes in the overheads.

Back