To that one Team Member - II

TTOTL: Yes, my walkie is off. I'm trying to focus on my job. Listening to your team blab into the walkie all morning about their one for ones and truck is distracting and irritating. I really don't give a shit how many baby food uboats are still on the line and everything else the DBO is going to do before getting to them. I care that we appear to be missing a case of peanut butter. I'm trying to enter zen mode to find it. Your team is hurting my zen. So, my walkie is fucking off. Oh, and I found the peanut butter. It was shoved behind other boxes in the overheads.
Anything more than a couple of words should be taken to another channel IMO. They are pretty good about doing that in my store but occasionally folks will get chatty on channel 1.

Anything more than a couple of words should be taken to another channel IMO. They are pretty good about doing that in my store but occasionally folks will get chatty on channel 1.

My store used to be good about going to other channels, but lately it's gotten bad. This morning was insane with non-stop chatter on channel 1. I told my TL that I was going off walkie and he was cool with it. But, another TL I passed didn't hear things through my walkie and threw a bit of a fit. Well, maybe if your team would shut the fuck up. 🤷‍♂️

My store used to be good about going to other channels, but lately it's gotten bad. This morning was insane with non-stop chatter on channel 1. I told my TL that I was going off walkie and he was cool with it. But, another TL I passed didn't hear things through my walkie and threw a bit of a fit. Well, maybe if your team would shut the fuck up. 🤷‍♂️
Something my store did for SFS and OPU was have the entire team stay on 3 for their shifts. That way we didn't have to worry about too much walkie chatter on channel 1 when we needed OPU/SFS and no one's walkie had to be turned off.

Alternatively you could probably use channel 2 instead since there isn't exactly a BR team anymore

TTOTM/TL at the other store: How in the heck did you manage to put your SCO into training mode and then let guests use it that way??? I had a guest come in today to return items that she bought yesterday at your store. First time I've ever seen "TRAINING RECEIPT" and "NOT VALID" before..... And yes, I called SETL up to take a look and figure out what we should do.

To the AP team member: If you were standing right there next to me at self-checkout and noticed that a guest had a bag of chocolate in the back of their cart, why didn't you just point it out to them? I honestly didn't see it and you've already made your presence known to guests. I didn't appreciate being yelled at over such a small amount of money being lost due to this.

Went back to this store for lunch and I'm convinced they either don't give a shit or they're severely understaffed to get their reshop. The whole GSD area looks like shit.
Not brand. Not very hotel lobby.

Maybe rundown side of the highway motel lobby. But not Waldorf Astoria.

View attachment 8359

The same Service Desk after I took it over. 😉
4EF0F971-400B-4BF3-BB0E-B9DE251B10DA.jpeg

Here are some before pics from this thread.
E979B70F-222D-4F04-A78B-85F668A4A3BD.jpeg
7708C5E3-CCF6-4C10-8F97-DCD20347E074.jpeg

Last edited:
Something my store did for SFS and OPU was have the entire team stay on 3 for their shifts. That way we didn't have to worry about too much walkie chatter on channel 1 when we needed OPU/SFS and no one's walkie had to be turned off.

Alternatively you could probably use channel 2 instead since there isn't exactly a BR team anymore

Not allowed everyone on channel 1, which makes for a shit show. We lowkey try and stay on 2, cause like others their bullshit gives me a headache.

and our SD looks like this since they only schedule one person and with a busy OPU/Drive up store and all the folding and hanging from the fitting room they just "ain't got time for that!".

TT(many)TMs,
Yup your a minor, I get it, you can't touch the button on the baler. But, could you pretty please just walkie for help instead of throwing all your cardboard on the floor in front of the baler?
Thanks.... 😒

TT(many)TMs,
Yup your a minor, I get it, you can't touch the button on the baler. But, could you pretty please just walkie for help instead of throwing all your cardboard on the floor in front of the baler?
Thanks.... 😒
You don't have a place to put boxes? We did, because the baler would get squished full or sometimes be closed, and it kept the boxes neat.

@Tessa120
Nope sure don't. But wouldn't that leave a whole lot of cardboard that people were too lazy to put into the baler? And then who is responsible to empty it?
I work 40ish hours in my workcenter and fairly close to the baler I have no issue at all running over there to hit the button for them vs having to spend 10mn picking up their stuff just to put my own in

Weird, I never saw that problem. The designated area was full only when nothing could be put in the baler. Usually empty, sometimes a small amount of boxes, a plausible amount for someone running out of time on their shift and running to make it to the time clock on time.

I swear my team blames everything on everyone else but my cafe tm can't blame anything on anyone so here's how the conversation went when I brought up the FDC food SHE ordered..

::...puts 6 boxes of butter on the counter(oh you know for the pretzles)::::

Tm- " why am I getting 6 boxes of butter?"
Me-" it's what was on the truck"
Tm- " but I don't have room for these"
Me- " Well I can help you come up with a solution if you want"
...:::compactor is my solution....btw::.....
Tm- " I don't understand why I'm getting all this butter "
Me- " Did you mean to order 3 and hit 6 by mistake?"
Tm " bUt I dIDnt oRdeR tHiS"

Who did then?

Huh

Who?

Your. My. Only. Cafe TM.........

To that one front end team member: Stop putting the corrals that are used to collect the baskets in the middle of the aisles where a guest walking through the self-checkout area could trip over them and get hurt. It doesn't take a lot of effort and you've been doing this for 10+ years now. One of the other self-checkout team members even told me that either she or a guest who hypothetically trips on the corrals (I forgot which) would sue you for damages.

To that other cashier/self-checkout team member: Tell me what happened if the GSTL coaches you, like I heard he said he was going to. I know about making it right for the guests, but an item marked $3 from Dollar Spot shouldn't be changed to $1 just because the guest found it there in my opinion.

Back