To that one Team Member - II

TTOTM who thinks she's better than everyone else and doesn't know how to listen, I'm sorry that I stooped to the unprofessional level of dropping an F bomb (sorry to the world of professionally behaved workers, not to you, because you deserved it), but someone had to do it.

TTOTM: You're a cashier; you KNOW how little we have in our registers upon opening but you insist upon buying a small item just to get the maximum amount of cash back, depleting our large bills & requiring us to call for a cash advance during morning rush.
If you EVER buy a coffee, you're getting decaf :mad:

TTOTM: You're a cashier; you KNOW how little we have in our registers upon opening but you insist upon buying a small item just to get the maximum amount of cash back, depleting our large bills & requiring us to call for a cash advance during morning rush.
If you EVER buy a coffee, you're getting decaf :mad:
Tell 'em to go buy a candy bar at SCO. They can rinse and repeat all they want!

Yep, I get that it's the best way to avoid ATM fees but morning rush is bad enough without having to give change back from a $20 all in ones.
SETLs are busy at the lanes & it takes them awhile to get our change requests over to us.

TTOTM: Learn the fucking price match policy. Or better yet, learn that policies aren't absolute.

Guest calls, asks if we will price match Gamestop. I tell them yes. They come in, they wait in line at a checklane, cashier tells them no. They come to me at the service desk, I do it. Cashier than tries telling me off, claiming, "We've repeatedly been told to not price match GameStop.".

I pull up the pricematch policy on my phone and show it to her. Gamestop.com is explicitly listed as a competitor for whom we DO price match. No clue who told her otherwise, but they were wrong, and even if they weren't, I'm going to price match any retailer I consider reasonable, whether listed on the website or not.

TTOTM: Learn the fucking price match policy. Or better yet, learn that policies aren't absolute.

Guest calls, asks if we will price match Gamestop. I tell them yes. They come in, they wait in line at a checklane, cashier tells them no. They come to me at the service desk, I do it. Cashier than tries telling me off, claiming, "We've repeatedly been told to not price match GameStop.".

I pull up the pricematch policy on my phone and show it to her. Gamestop.com is explicitly listed as a competitor for whom we DO price match. No clue who told her otherwise, but they were wrong, and even if they weren't, I'm going to price match any retailer I consider reasonable, whether listed on the website or not.
GameStop is tricky bc we don’t price match used. But as long as it’s new and in stock, we should, idk why they’d think other wise

Yeah, I'm not pricematching a preowned price, but I see no reason not to pricematch their price for new games. Even if they weren't listed explicitly, they're a legitimate retailer, I'm going to pricematch most any legitimate retailer.

ie. Newegg.com isn't explicitly listed, but I see no reason to pricematch Amazon, but not newegg.

In tech, we have the 2 hour drive rule. Can we drive 2 hours and get this same day. ALSO no 3rd party listings. So uncle barnys discountium on ebay amazon or walmart? Nope. Bestbuy next city over nope. Bestbuy in our town available today for in store? Yep.

TTTMs who cheerfully volunteer when the call comes out for backup: THANK YOU. May the universe or the deity of your choice shower blessings upon you and yours for all eternity.

On behalf of those of us who loathe cashiering, you have our gratitude.
I wish I was at your store. I’m a closing expert on the floor and I would gladly volunteer for backup, but the issue is that no one else ever responds. I don’t want a situation where I’m the only one going for backup, I’d get no work done. But if more people responded I’d gladly go up. They have to call us by name lol.

Yeah, they resort to that at my store, depending. Ironically, tonight I would have volunteered for backup a couple times as the SETL calling for backup is the only one I trust to respect our time and get us out ASAP, but another TM piped up right away.

Just a thought, SETLs--maybe, just MAYBE if you didn't trap sales floor TMs on a register for an hour until you try to guilt the rest of us into coming up to relieve them, when the registers aren't really that busy (you just like having an extra cashier), you might get more responses. Just a thought.

Call NAMES - it’s the ONLY thing that works !

I am SO tired of “back-up, we need. Back-up. Team, who is responding. We have lines. Who is backing up ? Team leads, please send up a team member “

really ? Why do OTHER TL need to do YOUR job of getting back-up ! GET YOURSELF A GRID AND CALL NAMES !

Again today.
SETL calling OTHER TL To send back up. Why ? You are a TL - call someone. Why do I have to call someone for you ?
Why am I expected to do both my job and yours ?
When are you going to send ME a cashier to push after my DBO was sent to cashier.

hmm. How about that? My DBO backs up for 15 minutes, a cashier returns to their department when they are finished to push for 15 minutes.
DBO more likely to assist.

Again today.
SETL calling OTHER TL To send back up. Why ? You are a TL - call someone. Why do I have to call someone for you ?
Why am I expected to do both my job and yours ?
When are you going to send ME a cashier to push after my DBO was sent to cashier.

hmm. How about that? My DBO backs up for 15 minutes, a cashier returns to their department when they are finished to push for 15 minutes.
DBO more likely to assist.
I've heard the front end ask TLs to send people for backup as well. I think they figure it will have more weight coming from their TL rather than them.

I've heard the front end ask TLs to send people for backup as well. I think they figure it will have more weight coming from their TL rather than them.

Or the TL knows which TMs are more needed on the floor vs those who are more useful off the floor can be spared more easily.

Back