To that one Team Member - II

hmm. How about that? My DBO backs up for 15 minutes, a cashier returns to their department when they are finished to push for 15 minutes.
DBO more likely to assist.
If this ever actually happened, I'd be much more likely to volunteer for back-up. As it is, with hours being cut recently, I barely get my truck and back stock done before I'm supposed to be out. So the idea of responding to a back-up call and getting stuck on a register for a half-hour (or more - it's happened, plenty of times) is not attractive.
I get that guests don't want to wait in line forever. But they kinda want to find stuff on shelves too, or they won't have anything to get in line for.

TTOTL: Quit having a turf war with the other TL. It's pissing off this tm. I'm marked unavailable for a reason & changing the schedule after original to makes it so I'm scheduled on my unavailable day won't make me come in. I don't care if there's 2 trailers or you don't like the tm who is available... I will still be unavailable.

TTNGMTL - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE PUT ALL THE UBOATS ON THE LINE, AND STOP ENCOURAGING YOUR TMS TO LEAVE THEM SCATTERED BACK THERE. I LITERALLY CANNOT GET TO MY PACK STATION.
I have spent 10-15 minutes the last 2 weeks, EVERY DAY, moving all the uboats back to line. It does not take that long to move 2 uboats on the line over, to make space to put your empty boat. THEY DON'T NEED THAT MUCH SPACE IN BETWEEN THEM WHEN THEY'RE EMPTY.
ALSO PUT THE FLATBEDS AWAY DAMNIT.

Yes, I've brought it up to her, and to several other GM TLs, but NOBODY LISTENS. Ugh.

TTNGMTL - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE PUT ALL THE UBOATS ON THE LINE, AND STOP ENCOURAGING YOUR TMS TO LEAVE THEM SCATTERED BACK THERE. I LITERALLY CANNOT GET TO MY PACK STATION.
I have spent 10-15 minutes the last 2 weeks, EVERY DAY, moving all the uboats back to line. It does not take that long to move 2 uboats on the line over, to make space to put your empty boat. THEY DON'T NEED THAT MUCH SPACE IN BETWEEN THEM WHEN THEY'RE EMPTY.
ALSO PUT THE FLATBEDS AWAY DAMNIT.

Yes, I've brought it up to her, and to several other GM TLs, but NOBODY LISTENS. Ugh.

And stop letting TMs hide uboats and three tiers in the backroom aisles! Geez! I'm tired of choosing between moving them and playing "skinny test."

TTO fullfillment TL, every time you need backup for orders you ask for the same TM in consumables. It's almost a guarantee that when he works on a day you're there, he'll get pulled away from his area for at least half an hour. Other TMs offer to backup instead so he doesn't have to do it every time, but you don't want them to because they don't have experience. Well how is anyone else supposed to get experience if they can never help??

Huge shoutout to Target.com for letting people order the new Alice in Wonderland Funkos online. It was really great that you let them order 2 of each and they can put in multiple orders for that. I can fulfill and cancel in pickup, which I did, but guest services, tech, and AP has to deal with that fall out. Get it through your fat heads: new collectibles are 1 per guest per day. No exceptions.

Huge shoutout to Target.com for letting people order the new Alice in Wonderland Funkos online. It was really great that you let them order 2 of each and they can put in multiple orders for that. I can fulfill and cancel in pickup, which I did, but guest services, tech, and AP has to deal with that fall out. Get it through your fat heads: new collectibles are 1 per guest per day. No exceptions.
I started in OPU this morning and literally the first thing I had to grab was the Cheshire cat. I ended up letting my TL and AP know that they're dropping in the online orders.

Why? Honestly, why? Isn't it better to be able to tell people you're on break while on break rather than face the wrath of TLs and fellow TMs who can't figure out where you are and why you were ignoring them? Or if a TM absolutely needs equipment for a task that you are carrying, answering with where you are enables them to not be in trouble for not doing the task.

Edit: One time I got in trouble that could have been avoided if someone had asked a simple question on the walkie. I put a dress on hold right before break, guest came in, GS didn't use their eyeballs and told her it wasn't held. Last item. She understandably threw a fit and questions were aimed at me after my break for not putting it on hold. I pulled it right out of the hold bin, it was the only item in there. Had GS or whatever poor person had to deal with the fit asked me, I'd have spared myself the shit rolling downhill with a simple "Did you see the bag with paper stapled to the handles?"

Last edited:
I always have mine on, at a low volume is that wrong? And are the LOD/ETLs wrong for having theirs on?

The problem is when someone has it on at full volume.
Our breakroom is usually a place of solitude.
Hell, we seldom have the TV on because TMs just want a quiet space away from the music, guests, etc.
Having a walkie at low vol isn't too bad a problem but loud enough to hear all the traffic yammer is annoying as hell & TMs will quickly remind newbs to 'turn it down'.

But if it's low volume, how do you hear it well enough to hear your name? Even volume turned all the way up I had problems hearing the walkies well enough to make out the words.

Oh I took it to my SD. He took it to her ETL. The ETL got confirmation from another TM and spoke to the offending TM who went home right after the conversation.(HR was off) I haven't seen the offending TM since because I had a 3 day weekend but I'll see her Sunday and I fully expect a sincere apology.(Which I'm sure I won't get)

Oh I took it to my SD. He took it to her ETL. The ETL got confirmation from another TM and spoke to the offending TM who went home right after the conversation.(HR was off) I haven't seen the offending TM since because I had a 3 day weekend but I'll see her Sunday and I fully expect a sincere apology.(Which I'm sure I won't get)
You acted perfectly. You have a right to a safe and harassment free work environment

glad your SD handled it well

Back