To that one Team Member - II

This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine! The Hazards and Bloodbourne Pathogens training literally tells us that we are empowered to clean food, drink, and water spills. Cart Attendants have so many things to do especially when it’s busy. I hate lazy TMs
As soon as I got off walkie with the Cart attendant I asked: "What is it?" And she said "It's just a little milk."
Me: You guys can clean it up with a towel."
TM: 😱 Really?! Lol.

So me next ….TO that team lead who recently got promoted to ETL!!! I once asked politely if you could leave a register open so I could buy a few things when I clocked out since I saw it was slow and not many guests. YOU said all macho like next time do it on your break! NOW mr ETL you saw a good deal on the clearance food and so you didn’t think I would notice you there shopping on your stray walk! You waited until I clocked out but I saw your cart and a TM tells me oh that’s the bosses he wants to buy this stuff. So much for waiting on your break HUH?!?! Clocked out and there was your bag of goodies that you wanted to buy and had a TM hold the register open for YOU! Must be nice …….jerk!

So me next ….TO that team lead who recently got promoted to ETL!!! I once asked politely if you could leave a register open so I could buy a few things when I clocked out since I saw it was slow and not many guests. YOU said all macho like next time do it on your break! NOW mr ETL you saw a good deal on the clearance food and so you didn’t think I would notice you there shopping on your stray walk! You waited until I clocked out but I saw your cart and a TM tells me oh that’s the bosses he wants to buy this stuff. So much for waiting on your break HUH?!?! Clocked out and there was your bag of goodies that you wanted to buy and had a TM hold the register open for YOU! Must be nice …….jerk!
We’re they on the clock buying clearance? That’s a big no no!! Doesn’t matter who you are

Not only is he being a jerk, holding clearance can get Mr. Big Shot ETL fired. Hope your AP was watching that day…

Before you condemn the individual perhaps think that it may be a very critical situation that they are trying to tend to and in the grand scheme of things it's probably taking up only a couple of seconds. That is unless it's a chronic issue with a particular individual.

I once took not even 10 seconds to pick up a text message while I was on a register because I had to have my car towed. All I did was text back the address of the store and the TL on duty, idiotic little young immature shit she was, felt the need to turn off my light, shut down my whole lane, and drag me back to be coached because I took about 5 seconds to voice type the address of the store where they could tow my car.

I was always very friendly with the guests and I had said just seconds before to them (they were my regulars) about what happened to my car and that I was waiting for a call back from the tow company. Nobody in line was pissed off or put off by me voicing into the phone for a grand total of how long it took me to give the address of the store.

YET this one idiot that didn't like me decided that she would try to get me fired over it.

Those are the type of things that I don't miss about Target. Extremely young and green people being put in positions of power when they're not capable of being appropriate.

They won't last. Spot sees everything eventually.

Before you condemn the individual perhaps think that it may be a very critical situation that they are trying to tend to and in the grand scheme of things it's probably taking up only a couple of seconds. That is unless it's a chronic issue with a particular individual.

I once took not even 10 seconds to pick up a text message while I was on a register because I had to have my car towed. All I did was text back the address of the store and the TL on duty, idiotic little young immature shit she was, felt the need to turn off my light, shut down my whole lane, and drag me back to be coached because I took about 5 seconds to voice type the address of the store where they could tow my car.

I was always very friendly with the guests and I had said just seconds before to them (they were my regulars) about what happened to my car and that I was waiting for a call back from the tow company. Nobody in line was pissed off or put off by me voicing into the phone for a grand total of how long it took me to give the address of the store.

YET this one idiot that didn't like me decided that she would try to get me fired over it.

Those are the type of things that I don't miss about Target. Extremely young and green people being put in positions of power when they're not capable of being appropriate.

Oh well.
Sounds like the TL inconvenienced guests 10X your voice text.

It must of been the same team lead that pushed my brother to quit on the spot (happened years ago and I just learned of the story lol) apparently during his first week he witnessed a code green a baby fell out of the cart and that the mom was really sketchy too possibly abusive or neglectful. he had concern for the baby. He said the baby was badly hurt. He called the code green and he said over the walkie a CUSTOMERs baby fell instead of GUEST. The team lead marches over and lectures the TM about we don’t have customers they are called guests. My brother said WTF a baby is hurt and you are more concerned that I called them a customer ?! He said he was so pissed he walked out.

It must of been the same team lead that pushed my brother to quit on the spot (happened years ago and I just learned of the story lol) apparently during his first week he witnessed a code green a baby fell out of the cart and that the mom was really sketchy too possibly abusive or neglectful. he had concern for the baby. He said the baby was badly hurt. He called the code green and he said over the walkie a CUSTOMERs baby fell instead of GUEST. The team lead marches over and lectures the TM about we don’t have customers they are called guests. My brother said WTF a baby is hurt and you are more concerned that I called them a customer ?! He said he was so pissed he walked out.
Sounds like they've overdosed on the Kool Aid a bit

TTOTM: I understand you are new in Tech and want to make your mark, but you been to prioritize what you do. Don't spend a quarter of your shift cleaning instead of pushing the freight. AND never bring apple and game system freight onto the floor. One day you left two whole boxes of the Apple Airpod Pro Gen 2 for anyone to take, which someone tried to do. That's $2,500...

TTOTM who pushed in Personal Care the day I was off: When it's something that's sold in singles, like men's after shave and the deodorant sticks that aren't sold as multi-packs, you're supposed to take the plastic off the little bundle of three before placing the product on the shelf. Try to do better!

TTOTM: It’s extremely unfair that you don't like one of our regular Shipt shoppers just because he’s doing his job. Sometimes the designated bagging area is crowded while other shoppers pack their orders, so we do allow them to use the first two lanes as well.

Telling them that they can't use the lanes when that's literally part of their packing area isn't going to win you any favors with them. Neither will calling them names behind their back because they don't listen to you. 🙄🙄

TTOTM: I understand you are new in Tech and want to make your mark, but you been to prioritize what you do. Don't spend a quarter of your shift cleaning instead of pushing the freight. AND never bring apple and game system freight onto the floor. One day you left two whole boxes of the Apple Airpod Pro Gen 2 for anyone to take, which someone tried to do. That's $2,500...
Wow.. and i thought I've seen stupidity

You know a big pet peeve of mine? When someone from push has some backstock remaining, but they just drop it off with the rest of the reshop. I understand we get overworked and sometimes run out of time.

If you want to put the backstock in a cart or basket and put a sticky note saying "backstock", that's perfectly fine with me and I'll work on it. But don't have me dig through the reshop and have guessing what is backstock and what can go on the floor.

You know a big pet peeve of mine? When someone from push has some backstock remaining, but they just drop it off with the rest of the reshop. I understand we get overworked and sometimes run out of time.

If you want to put the backstock in a cart or basket and put a sticky note saying "backstock", that's perfectly fine with me and I'll work on it. But don't have me dig through the reshop and have guessing what is backstock and what can go on the floor.
Preach!!!

TTOTM: Thanks for alerting me that a guest needed my help. Not thanks for interrupting me while I was in the middle of unjamming an SCO register and telling me to stop what I was doing and help said guest right that very second because they needed help NOW.

😕
Couldn't you have just said: "Hey, you've got a a guest waiting could you make sure you get to them after you're done?

Ugh. It seems like all the stupid / impatient people come out of the woodwork during Q4...

TTOTL: I really am sorry that I blanked on the TM's name when you asked who had replaced me for my lunch at SCO, but honest to God, is it really that hard to say: "Oh, you're not sure? I'll go down there and find out quick."

Knowing how lacking leadership has been with breaks lately, I'm not shocked you responded the way you did, but I can always wish and hope for better 🙄 *sigh*

Yay Q4...

TTOTM: I get it you don't work front end, but how in the world do you not know about Target Circle or the difference between Circle and a RedCard after working here for almost three years? It's Target 101. 🤔😟
Probably doesn’t gaf or doesn’t want the guest to ask more question so plays dumb.

Etls are always on the clock. So they can shop when they want.

Likewise, don't flex it in where it doesn't belong or cram it in where it won't fit.

To that one leader,

If you are in an under performing store and have to several trucks canceled before black Friday, I recommend not assigning a former team lead to do bitch work. I get I'm seasonal and after Christmas you can get rid of me but why though. Your sales floor is over flowing, seriously needs a super zone and the love of God it needs labels everywhere. Maybe get to know what I can actually do. Oh and if you assign me to work vacuums with no real ladder or room for the wave or u boat, don't stand there with another leader laughing at me. Ok byeee...

To that one leader,

If you are in an under performing store and have to several trucks canceled before black Friday, I recommend not assigning a former team lead to do bitch work. I get I'm seasonal and after Christmas you can get rid of me but why though. Your sales floor is over flowing, seriously needs a super zone and the love of God it needs labels everywhere. Maybe get to know what I can actually do. Oh and if you assign me to work vacuums with no real ladder or room for the wave or u boat, don't stand there with another leader laughing at me. Ok byeee...
Sis the overflowing sales floor, missing labels, and lack of zoning are standard practice now. It all honestly makes life easier - pushing reshop is a breeze when you can just stick crap anywhere! And zoning standards are so low that anything neater than "a hurricane just tore through the store" is a win.

Back