Archived Too Early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been a GSA for 2 months now, and I'm liking it so far. My ETL has been challenging me with ideas to drive sales and conversions - the typical GSA stuff. Each of these are going well, however it seems that any impact I am making to the Front End, is minor.

The main question being: is it too early to let my ETL know I have aspirations to become a TL? Target isn't really a career option for me as once I graduate (2014), I will most likely be looking for something related to my major. This being said, I still want to advance as far as I can before I do look elsewhere.

I really don't want to come across as cocky to my ETL/TL considering it only has been 2 months... but IMHO I think I can do more than one of our GSTLs considering she does the bare minimum.

Input appreciated:boredom:

Not at all, i made it clear i wanted to be an ETL in my interviews (external hire). Showing interest in your job, your employer, and advancing is almost always a positive.

In two months you can show your leadership team a lot. Now is definitely the time to start learning about the different parts of the store (if you're exclusively at the front). If you do approach them, do not tell them you don't see Target as part of your future. Through my interview process I was asked if I had aspirations to be an ETL (they knew I was 2 years away from graduating) - I lied and said yes.

And if no one has told you yet, one of the biggest differences between GSA and GSTL is the administrative work. If you already feel like you have a lot of homework outside of work - just wait until you have Business Walks, Statuses, Reviews, Coachings, Corrective Actions, etc.

It's not a bad job, just ask other TLs about their experiences and make sure it's something you want to do while you're in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back