Truck first

Our new SD is giving shout outs over the walkie when he sees a team member go above and beyond for a customer, like walking them all the way over to another section and making sure they find what they're looking for. I can't imagine this timer would get introduced in my store.

Not now, at least.

If you won't finish in time, just reset the timer to avoid consequences.
Some tm’s will thank you for that suggestion - until leaders realize this is happening and change the timer to a written sheet that can’t be edited:
‘You took this Uboat at. 7:15, it is estimated to take 35 minutes to push, you returned this Uboat finished at _____ o’clock - then these sheets are used against you at your coaching.

Some tm’s will thank you for that suggestion - until leaders realize this is happening and change the timer to a written sheet that can’t be edited:
‘You took this Uboat at. 7:15, it is estimated to take 35 minutes to push, you returned this Uboat finished at _____ o’clock - then these sheets are used against you at your coaching.
I look forward to giving my team lead the extra work.

Our new SD is giving shout outs over the walkie when he sees a team member go above and beyond for a customer, like walking them all the way over to another section and making sure they find what they're looking for. I can't imagine this timer would get introduced in my store.

Not now, at least.
Some of our cashiers are passing on shout-outs when a guest says something at check-out. (I got one recently for calling another store for a particular product we were out of, and then explaining to the guest, twice!, how to get from my store to the other one. Took forever, but she was so happy when she left. Hope she actually made it there.)
As to that timer idea - no way would that fly at my store. For one thing, no TM will want to spend time helping guests like most of us do now. And I'm with @Far from newbie - I'm not the fastest, but I'm accurate and I work clean and my area looks great when I'm finished. And my BRLA is bright green consistently. (In fact, the TM who really is the fastest at my store is not all that appreciated - he overstocks like crazy so he doesn't have to back stock so much. If he's sent to stock an area for a DBO who's not on the schedule that day, the DBO knows there's going to be a bunch of clean-up needed.)
Or is that timer thing only for stores that do all the stocking when the store is closed? I can see that working maybe - it'd be an indication of who the slackers are. When we were split up in teams and had a Flow Team, it'd make me crazy to see "certain TMs" standing around, box in hand, just chatting as I walked by. Walk by a few minutes later and they're still there, holding the same box.

This is literally my job right now. I'm the Inbound/GM3 TL and I've been told by my GVP down to my SD that I need to be putting timelines on boats (sticky notes are fine, thank God, we tried timers and they all broke within a month) and setting a timer on my phone for X boat's push timeline. When the timer goes off it's time for a follow up.

GVP wants all non-double trucks done by 9AM, no exceptions. Zone must be perfect as well. But I'm not sure how the team is supposed to zone if they have 4 hours of push for X area and come in at 6 to do it by 9... Etc.

This is literally my job right now. I'm the Inbound/GM3 TL and I've been told by my GVP down to my SD that I need to be putting timelines on boats (sticky notes are fine, thank God, we tried timers and they all broke within a month) and setting a timer on my phone for X boat's push timeline. When the timer goes off it's time for a follow up.

GVP wants all non-double trucks done by 9AM, no exceptions. Zone must be perfect as well. But I'm not sure how the team is supposed to zone if they have 4 hours of push for X area and come in at 6 to do it by 9... Etc.
Our teams aren’t scheduled til 10am to 1pm. Lmao. Only paper Chem is scheduled when we open.

Am I remembering wrong or did we have to put barcodes on all the vehicles a while ago so pull/push time could be on a metric? And then that quietly faded out of existence.

Last edited:
Am I remembering wrong or did we have to put barcodes on all the vehicles a while ago so pull/push time could be on a metric? And then that quietly faded out of existence.

Yes, that was almost a thing for hot second. All of our tiered carts are still labeled. Which is actually helpful when we need to use them for OPUs.

A year ago I thought I heard we will need to scan every pull into a cart - like fulfillment does - and THEN - scan each item OUT of the cart push it !
was supposed to ensure items were pushed 1. In a timely manner after pull and 2. Record how long the pushing of the items took.

‘Luckily someone realized how much additional time this would take and the process we set up for was never utilized !
So glad because we Have carts in the backroom with multiple 1:1 in them and also reshop brought from guest service !
Would be a nightmare trying to account for the push from a single batch.

Back