Archived Two internal GSA hires..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Longer time with the company? I was informed of my raise as a new Hardlines TL and was told not to discuss it because I'm a bit higher than other TLs because of my time with the company.
P. S. They're not technically allowed to tell you not to discuss how much you get paid. But also the person might have asked for a little bit more.

Length of time with Target, better performance review etc.... The raise was probably the same, each of them had a different base rate of pay...

P. S. They're not technically allowed to tell you not to discuss how much you get paid. But also the person might have asked for a little bit more.

interesting! why aren't they technically allowed to tell us that?

Because of the equal pay act. There's supposed to be transperancy if wanted. Meaning if someone asks you how much you make, and if you are willing to let that information out then you can tell them without any repercussions.

I don't know if anyone watches. "Adam ruins..." but he had a really good point that employers don't want us to discuss our pay because we would then see how unequal pay is across the board and do something about it.

As someone who can see compensation rate for everyone in my store. In general I think Target is better than some when it comes to transparency about pay.

When you promote, ask for more. Worst case they say no, you will still get the promotion.

I don't know if anyone watches. "Adam ruins..." but he had a really good point that employers don't want us to discuss our pay because we would then see how unequal pay is across the board and do something about it.

As someone who can see compensation rate for everyone in my store. In general I think Target is better than some when it comes to transparency about pay.

When you promote, ask for more. Worst case they say no, you will still get the promotion.

I spoke to the GSA and they did not request more.

I was once told target had an algorithm for determining pay, combining experience, education, time with the company, and previous leadership experience. It's probable one of these factors was different between the two individuals you describe.

Also, do you know how big the difference is? If it's less than 50 cents I wouldn't see too much meaning in it.

was once told target had an algorithm for determining pay, combining experience, education, time with the company, and previous leadership experience.

Whoever told you that has no idea what they are talking.

There is a suggested pay rate and you can haggle from the minimum of that rate they will offer you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back