Archived ultimate coupon guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you see them doing 8 separate transactions, and its busy. "You can do a couple at my lane but you will have go back around, for the rest." Keeps the line moving and gives them a chance to coupon their hearts out. Waste their time a bit.

It was a trick we used at old navy, my store was tiny so when we had promotions that were limited it at least kept the 4 registers we had moving. and we had 6 registers total, one of which never worked.

We had a guest buy on line under several different purchases...paper towels, toilet paper and diapers that were all hooked to gift card promos...and picked up the items at guest service...might be the same guy who bought 0ver $100,000.00 in IPads a few weeks ago, he was in the store from 11am-7pm we also made him buy attachments for each IPad( ITunes gift cards that were on sale). I think it came to $140,000.00 total for the day. We made sales that day...

...might be the same guy who bought 0ver $100,000.00 in IPads a few weeks ago, he was in the store from 11am-7pm we also made him buy attachments for each IPad( ITunes gift cards that were on sale). I think it came to $140,000.00 total for the day. We made sales that day...

What was he buying them for? A business or charity?

Sometimes we have couponers who clear the shelves, try to divide things into separate transactions, and who then probably return them all for cash. And they NEVER will fucking sign up for a Red Card. They are time-wasters, they always cause Red scores, and they hold up the line for legitimate guests. I hate them. We had some ****s at my store tonight pulling that shit. I wouldn't let them use more than four identical coupons in my lane, so they just went to another lane after I'd taken all I would take! So disrespectful! How in the world do they get 20 copies of the same coupon anyway?

In addition to buying them, a lot of them go to hotels and companies that throw out their newspapers at the end of the day....so they'll ask them for whatever Sunday papers they have left and get a crap ton of coupons. I think extreme couponers are the scum of the earth, but my store is so desperate for high vibe scores that we are told to do whatever the couponers want....including accepting expired coupons, more than 4, substituting for similar items...etc. If that's not bad enough, guests are starting to make FAKE coupons. Example $10.00 off an item that is $10.00. I told AP about this and was told that there was nothing he could do. I told him I would not accept them because they are not verifiable. (You can enter the coupon at veri-fi.com and they there either invalid or for 1.50 off a different item). He then told me that would create a negative guest experience and I wouldn't be vibing. Wait what? Now vibing is aiding in fraud?! And they wonder why no one gets red cards anymore. Why would they when they can get everything for FREE?!

Sometimes we have couponers who clear the shelves, try to divide things into separate transactions, and who then probably return them all for cash. And they NEVER will fucking sign up for a Red Card. They are time-wasters, they always cause Red scores, and they hold up the line for legitimate guests. I hate them. We had some ****s at my store tonight pulling that shit. I wouldn't let them use more than four identical coupons in my lane, so they just went to another lane after I'd taken all I would take! So disrespectful! How in the world do they get 20 copies of the same coupon anyway?

In addition to buying them, a lot of them go to hotels and companies that throw out their newspapers at the end of the day....so they'll ask them for whatever Sunday papers they have left and get a crap ton of coupons. I think extreme couponers are the scum of the earth, but my store is so desperate for high vibe scores that we are told to do whatever the couponers want....including accepting expired coupons, more than 4, substituting for similar items...etc. If that's not bad enough, guests are starting to make FAKE coupons. Example $10.00 off an item that is $10.00. I told AP about this and was told that there was nothing he could do. I told him I would not accept them because they are not verifiable. (You can enter the coupon at veri-fi.com and they there either invalid or for 1.50 off a different item). He then told me that would create a negative guest experience and I wouldn't be vibing. Wait what? Now vibing is aiding in fraud?! And they wonder why no one gets red cards anymore. Why would they when they can get everything for FREE?!
I'll make up a "one free tv " coupon and come to your store. :p

Only kidding

I was so pissed at one of our GSTLs this weekend. I was buying a bunch of stuff that had the GC promos & they weren't ringing up right. She called the GSTL over, who tried to tell me I didn't have the right stuff & must have read the tags wrong. There was a line forming so I told the cashier to just finish the transaction & I'd go to GS to straighten it out. The GSTL comes over & again says I have the wrong items as the GSA & I are going over my receipt & I'm showing her my items...one of my Tides had a sticker over the barcode that made it ring up differently than the other, even though they were the exact same item. I also had 2 of the EXACT item & 1 of another that were pictured in the ad (even the same scent on one) & those didn't register, either. The GSTL kept making comments to the GSA about "people not reading the tags" and I finally said "Look, if I was going to try and scam Spot, I sure as hell wouldn't do it IN THE STORE WHERE I WORK!" I think it FINALLY registered who I was at that point....

We used to have a guest who would come in once a week and see how much she could get away with by trying to confuse the cashiers when she would bring up her coupons. She usually ended up paying only around 10% or less of what her merchandise was worth. One day she came through my lane when I was back up cashiering and started arguing with me about our coupon policy. I told her "I'm sorry, I can't accept all of these coupons" and then offered to get a supervisor to explain. Midway through asking the GSTL to come to my lane, the woman punches me right in the jaw! She's not allowed in the store anymore (of course) and now the cashiers are now required to get a team lead to watch them every time they checkout one of the "extreme couponer" type of guest.

We used to have a guest who would come in once a week and see how much she could get away with by trying to confuse the cashiers when she would bring up her coupons. She usually ended up paying only around 10% or less of what her merchandise was worth. One day she came through my lane when I was back up cashiering and started arguing with me about our coupon policy. I told her "I'm sorry, I can't accept all of these coupons" and then offered to get a supervisor to explain. Midway through asking the GSTL to come to my lane, the woman punches me right in the jaw! She's not allowed in the store anymore (of course) and now the cashiers are now required to get a team lead to watch them every time they checkout one of the "extreme couponer" type of guest.

I wish one of them would take a swing at me, at least they would have to go somewhere else.

It's hard at my store because the coupon policy and vibe are treated differently depending on who the LOD is. If it's AP ETL, they'll back up the Service Desk, but if it's the GE-ETL the guest will get everything they want and I look like an asshole for questioning the coupons in the first place.

I had a guest come through my lane that had several separate orders all with target coupons manufacturers and cartwheel. They had a binder in the cart full of coupon ads. I don't cashier often enough to feel confident. So after the 2nd order and her getting angry b/c the register wouldn't take a coupon, I asked my savvy GsTL ( who was working a reg. cash shift )to take over b/c I was "late for break". He cut her off after the 3rd order b/c she was duplicting orders. Anyone else have this experience? What do you do?
according to the new policy guests are only allowed 4 transactions, or 16 like target or manufacturer coupons per guests per day.

the actual policy is 4 like coupons per day per househould. ymmv as to what your store allows.

"Per household". My area's demographic is primarily Hispanic and apparently in Hispanic culture the entire family lives together. Multiple generations under one roof, I can't imagine enforcing the " household" thing. Ymmv indeed

I have no problem taking coupons, but when I know it is blatantly a scam, I won't take them. We have a "ring" as I call them that come and get well over $100 worth of hba items and pay about 1.98 for them. Then they go to one of the other local targets and return the items without a receipt, get gift cards and get baby formula (look up online about black market formula, and the huge market for it) and of course use they use coupons to purchase the formula and pay with the gift card they received at guest services.

Recently we and the other local targets have been telling guests who are returning these items that they have to go to the store they bought it from to do the return. I'm sure it won't be long before they figure out how to rework that obstacle.

I hate scammers.

When I was Hardlines this was me on a Cash Register

i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-science-dog.jpg

I would accept every coupon given to me unless the Register told me no. Not because I didn't give a damn, but my coupon training was about as good as that time I taught my dog chemistry, I forgot he had no Thumbs.

I never got in trouble.

I have no problem taking coupons, but when I know it is blatantly a scam, I won't take them. We have a "ring" as I call them that come and get well over $100 worth of hba items and pay about 1.98 for them. Then they go to one of the other local targets and return the items without a receipt, get gift cards and get baby formula (look up online about black market formula, and the huge market for it) and of course use they use coupons to purchase the formula and pay with the gift card they received at guest services.

Recently we and the other local targets have been telling guests who are returning these items that they have to go to the store they bought it from to do the return. I'm sure it won't be long before they figure out how to rework that obstacle.

I hate scammers.

Is this a fucking joke

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25490648/8-on-your-side-baby-formula-on-the-black-market

okay no it's not jfc. that's ridiculous.

I've had a knifes, guns pulled on me from these thieves. Most of the time, their former hookers (apparently, no longer, good enough for the street) or other low-lives, with such long rap sheets, they join gangs, to earn a living, as "boosters".

Some of them, even use children, as decoys, to make them look less suspicious to loss prevention.

There goal, is to walk into Target, and other stores. Load up on Baby Formula, or other expensive HBA Items, and make a run for it. Than, they take the goods back to their fence, who then resells the items at flea markets, unscrupulous gas/service stations, online actions and other places.

What's honestly worrisome, is I've heard stories of these groups, relabeling expired baby formula, after it's been stored in a hot, dirty garage, that was roach infested. And these are being sold, to unfortunate mothers, just trying to feed their babies.

That's what worries me. Not the theft, what happens, after they take the stuff... And the people, who get the money. They use it to fund there gangs, and organized crime.

I came up with a crazy new solution... Before you jump to conclusions and call me names... like "You Animal!"
or for emphasis

Why not just Breast-feed?

I came up with a crazy new solution... Before you jump to conclusions and call me names... like "You Animal!"
or for emphasis

Valid question.

Many of the mothers buying the formula are full time working mothers who in some cases work two jobs.
They aren't the yuppie moms who buy the fancy expensive breast pumps or can stop work to pump for that matter.
There's a reason they are buying formula on the cheap.

or for emphasis

Valid question.

Many of the mothers buying the formula are full time working mothers who in some cases work two jobs.
They aren't the yuppie moms who buy the fancy expensive breast pumps or can stop work to pump for that matter.
There's a reason they are buying formula on the cheap.

Some women can't breastfeed. There's a laundry list of "valid" reasons a woman might not breastfeed, but when it comes down to it none of us has any business trying to dictate how somebody's baby gets fed or what any given woman chooses to do with her own body.

Before this thread gets wayyyyy off base.. I was being sarcastic over this unusually crazy problem that my only first hand experience with is when I was a newborn. I realize that what a woman CHOOSES to do something it is not of our concern, but when she is FORCED to, i think it should be a concern for society. (This concern, being forced to buy possible poisonous Baby Formula).

usually what I do is when I see a lot of coupons I am always on alert. I wont let me try to distract me, depending on how many coupons they want to use I will cut them off if they are trying to abuse the policies. I get my GSTL at times.

I have cashiers who will call me over to be a second pair of eyes. I am totally cool with that, and will stay with them until they are comfortable, or the transaction is over (however we arrive to that outcome).

I have cashiers who will call me over to be a second pair of eyes. I am totally cool with that, and will stay with them until they are comfortable, or the transaction is over (however we arrive to that outcome).

This makes me wish we had a little secret button that would make the indyme lady say "GSTL to checklane ## for assistance" or something that we could press to somewhat discreetly get the GSTL/GSA to that register.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back