Archived ultimate coupon guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah unfortunately my store only has 4 GSTL's only one of them cares about the cashiers, one is extremely occupied with All things All guests, using empowerment etc, and then the other 2 are just there to earn their money and go on home, they let everything slide. However, I do enjoy turning down couponers whenever the caring GTSL is on.

Wait, what? Only four? Are you clumping GSA's and GSTL's together?

We currently have 'one' GSTL. We have several GSA's though, 3 that work most GSA/GSTL shifts in addition to the GSTL, one that works 1-2 GSA shifts per week, and the Starbucks TL who used to be a GSA and might occasionally cover a GSA shift if needed but isn't scheduled them unless someone else requests time off or calls off.
Yes only four GSTLS, we currently have 3 GSA's as well now(all of which, completely useless), totaling to 7 Guest Services TL's(?).

We have 2 GSTL's and are the biggest store in our district! We have 3 legit GSA's (me included) and then a couple people they will put as a GSA in a pinch but they don't get the system privileges or pay and I think that's a total raw deal.

Yeah unfortunately my store only has 4 GSTL's only one of them cares about the cashiers, one is extremely occupied with All things All guests, using empowerment etc, and then the other 2 are just there to earn their money and go on home, they let everything slide. However, I do enjoy turning down couponers whenever the caring GTSL is on.

We currently have 'one' GSTL. We have several GSA's though, 3 that work most GSA/GSTL shifts in addition to the GSTL, one that works 1-2 GSA shifts per week, and the Starbucks TL who used to be a GSA and might occasionally cover a GSA shift if needed but isn't scheduled them unless someone else requests time off or calls off.
Yes only four GSTLS, we currently have 3 GSA's as well now(all of which, completely useless), totaling to 7 Guest Services TL's(?).

Seewhatididthere, do you know what your store does in sales on a normal day? We did $300,000 on Monday, which was way over our forecast. I would KILL to have 4 GSTL's! We were supposed to get a third this year based on how well our store did last year. But then yeah, the breach killed everything and we are still at 2 GSTL's and 2 GSA's. It is NOT enough.

I'm actually a bit confused why more sales means more GSA's or GSTL's. I assume you have two-three working at the same time? Are they actually scheduling two as GS(A/TL) at once, or one gets a cashier shift while the other has a GS(A/TL) shift?

We usually have one person come in at 7:30, and stay till 4:00, and another come in at 2:00 and stay till 10:30, so there's a two hour overlap where we have both the opener and closer there, but otherwise just one working at a time. Only benefit I can see of having 4 GSTL's and 3 GSA's would be if you two-three working at all times since otherwise it'd just mean way less hours per week for each one.

Seewhatididthere, do you know what your store does in sales on a normal day? We did $300,000 on Monday, which was way over our forecast. I would KILL to have 4 GSTL's! We were supposed to get a third this year based on how well our store did last year. But then yeah, the breach killed everything and we are still at 2 GSTL's and 2 GSA's. It is NOT enough.

I have no idea what are current sales are, I don't usually keep up with them. However, I do know that we are one of the busiest, if not the busiest in our district. We also have extended hours, and we usually have all 4 on at like 2 PM on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, along with 2 GSA's every other day; it's usually GSTL Opens, GSTL/GSA Mid-day shift, then GSA or GSTL closes. I'll check on the current sales whenever I go back and report them to you guys.

When I started at Target, we had five GSTLs and four GSAs. We had two openers and two closers. During 4th quarter, we also had a mid. We are still a huge store but AE 13 and 14 cut us down to three GSTLs and two GSAs. Now we have an opener and two closers.

With our 2 GSTL's and 2 GSA's, we only ever have one opener and one closer. No overlap either. 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM and 4:00 PM - 1:00 AM. Occasionally we will have a mid on a Friday or a Monday though. But lately that has not been happening.

It makes it hard when they are down our throats about RedCards every minute of every day wanting us to observe our entire shift but still want us to get our coaching done and documented, speed weave, get our vibe packets done, do our vibe observations of sales floor TM's, get sales floor TM's off the lanes (even when we are still in back-up and the TM has been on a lane for over an hour backing-up) and personally want the GSTL/GSA to push the 10 boxes of trading cards that have piled up and also do the dollar spot abandons that pile up because we never have a closing cashier with MyTime and can't afford to pull one off a lane while we are open because we are always in constant back-up. It is getting a little bit ridiculous.
Plus one of our GSTL's just promoted from GSA and they gave him ZERO additional training. Just a list of training's to do on workbench and basically said "good luck finding time to learn how to be a TL."

1am? Holy shit that sucks.

My store had four GSTLs and no GSAs when I started now we are down to 1 useless GSTL and four GSAs who are barely holding the front lanes together.

1am? Holy shit that sucks.

My store had four GSTLs and no GSAs when I started now we are down to 1 useless GSTL and four GSAs who are barely holding the front lanes together.

Yes, we recently switched to being open until midnight. The zone sometimes gets done by 12:30 and they let everyone go. But mostly 1:00 is when the zone gets finished (or doesn't get finished and they let us go anyways).

Dear God, if I had to clopen doing that, I would collapse after the first day.

I think that with MyTime, it will not let them schedule anyone unless it is 8 hours after their last shift ended. I could be wrong, but I thought I read that in the MyTime "training." And I haven't seen a clopen since the new store hours.

Which would mean I'd be back to all closing shifts, which I think would be even worse. Talk about a total train wreck.

I think that with MyTime, it will not let them schedule anyone unless it is 8 hours after their last shift ended. I could be wrong, but I thought I read that in the MyTime "training." And I haven't seen a clopen since the new store hours.

Either you're wrong or my store overrode this rule to make my schedule. I close one night at 1245 and come in at 0700 the next morning.

I get scheduled for clopens. I detest it but most of the time I bite my tongue and do it. However they wanted me to close a Saturday (which is the day we always stay the latest) and then come in to do ad Sunday. I spoke up that time. I wonder if they're overriding the system when we get scheduled for clopens?

We had a guest want to price match from a print ad and had a coupon which would have made the item free (after price match). I, personally would have done it because it was only like 1 buck, but I wasn't in charge that day and the service desk TM left the guest and went to the LOD about it. LOD said no and the guest was PISSED, looking between me and the other TM shaking his head saying "Oh... that's not good. That's not good business at all." All I could think was - no it isn't. lol Of course I didn't say that. Wasn't my call that day but when I get the opportunity to make a guest happy, I'll almost always do it.
as long as we are not giving the guest overage for a coupon the guest is using legitimately I do not see what the problem is. we will make up for the difference.

We had a cashier deny coupons, because the guest was doing coupon fraud, and the guest left a horrible survey. Can the TM be coached for denying coupons even though it was fraud?

If AP is involved, they shouldn't be coached.
yea well at my Target our ETL-GE who is a total foul tempered bitch would have no problem allowing a guest to commit coupon fraud if it means they will come back! (rolls eyes) man I hate that woman!

Here I thought a closing operator to 11:30 then opening Starbucks at 7:30 was bad!

Either you're wrong or my store overrode this rule to make my schedule. I close one night at 1245 and come in at 0700 the next morning.

We've had flow people close cashier at 11:30 then have to come back at 4am. My store it depends if you're liked if they will fix/notice it.

This isn't really coupons, but we had a guy at my store last night get assassins creed: black flag, a $40 game, for 40€ and COD: Ghosts, a $50 game, for $2 by price matching amazon, then buying a reservation card which took $15 off each game, and then using 20% off Cartwheel coupons.

That would be contrary to Target's price match policy. You can't stack PM with Cartwheel or Target coupons (but you can with manufacturer coupons) because the Cartwheel/Target coupon price is our price. The PM policy spells it out with more verbiage but that's the gist.

A guest can use coupons when price matching per Target's normal coupon policy. When the guest presents a coupon(s), these steps will be followed:

Manufacturer coupons: manufacturer coupons will be applied after the price match is made.
Target and Cartwheel coupons: Target and Cartwheel coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target and Cartwheel coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.
Combining both Target, Cartwheel and manufacturer coupons: the Target and Cartwheel coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target and Cartwheel coupons have been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.
Reminder: we accept one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item unless either coupon prohibits it. Target does not ad match a competitor’s coupon-required offers.

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence#q5390

Also,
Item exclusions:

Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back