Archived Ulv

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to hear what other ULV salesfloors look like during the day on a non truck day. Today (and this is VERY typical) on hardlines, we had 2 TL's. Softlines had 2 TM's (1 was fitting room/operator) and 1 TL. In my ULV store, ETL's are not afraid to do some work. We had our STL, ETL-HR, and LOD all picking up the slack on the floor. There are several different variations of this setup, but I hope ya'll see what I mean. Is this fairly typical of a ULV?

I would love to hear what other ULV salesfloors look like during the day on a non truck day. Today (and this is VERY typical) on hardlines, we had 2 TL's. Softlines had 2 TM's (1 was fitting room/operator) and 1 TL. In my ULV store, ETL's are not afraid to do some work. We had our STL, ETL-HR, and LOD all picking up the slack on the floor. There are several different variations of this setup, but I hope ya'll see what I mean. Is this fairly typical of a ULV?

hell, I work at a C volume store that's getting close to being a B volume and that's normal for us....

"Team lead" is a misnomer when there is no team to lead. I am not complaining just trying to see what is par for the course.

We will have whatever other team is out there and that is all, other than Electronics and fitting room covered.

TL's are generally given a group to supervise, such as pricing, in addition to their own workload.

Sounds right. None of our TL's/ETL's have Mondays or Fridays off so that no one gripes about someone else getting a 3-day weekend. The result is, we have every single TL/ETL there on Mon and Fri, and no one one the floor the rest of the week. It's awesome being the LOD on a thursday and having to run from call box to call box, complete salesplanners for another TL that's behind, and cover GSTL breaks all day. It really is. I wish they would come up with a better LOD schedule and rotation.

If the LOD isn't really running a team, but doing all the work themselves, how effective of a leader do you really think the TLOD is being? It's a joke in ULV's.

Shoot, I am ULV and on a non truck morning the Sales Floor is... well... me. I am In-Stocks, and aside from the Electronics TM (Which we don't always have starting at 8.) I am often the only person who is actually "on" the Sales Floor.

Shoot, I am ULV and on a non truck morning the Sales Floor is... well... me. I am In-Stocks, and aside from the Electronics TM (Which we don't always have starting at 8.) I am often the only person who is actually "on" the Sales Floor.

I feel stupid having to ask, being that ive been with the company now 2 years, but what is a ULV store?

Ultra Low Volume. They don't get much payroll. I work in a c volume and if we don't turn things around soon we'll be a D next year. We get lots of traffic but not much in the way of sales. The guests just trash the store and leave. As far as the Execs helping. It depends. Logistics helps, GE/SL will if there is a visit coming. We don't have a HL and haven't been able to keep one for well over a year. Sometimes I see the STL out there but can't really blame him, because they have a lot of stuff to do too. Mostly there are only one or two people out there. It's depressing.

Ah, thank you. Im at an A volume store, overnight obviously, and the stuff they expect us to do with the staffing they provide us is beyond ridiculous, especially with Inventory in a few weeks.

Does a list exist that shows stores volume (based in dollars) from highest to lowest? I have never seen one, but that does not mean that it does not exist. I have been told that my store is in the lowest 50 in the company. A special class of ULV.

Probably somewhere out of reach to us storeside people.

I agree. I think only ETL's have access to store financials.. that specific especially. possibly only STL's. We do have access to Org Chart numbers and volume class. not in a list format though, you have to type each store number

Cool. Thanks all! It would be neat to see where everyone falls.....including me.

I agree. I think only ETL's have access to store financials.. that specific especially. possibly only STL's. We do have access to Org Chart numbers and volume class. not in a list format though, you have to type each store number

Yes and No. Any TM can see how much each store in your district is making (per mont as a net) through DTK (if i remember correctly). However, anything else is ETL + to view. Now, if you happen to know an etl's Employee Number, you've got access to anything :p

Now, if you happen to know an etl's Employee Number, you've got access to anything :p

Still would need their workbench password. Same deal if you were going to use their number to do a supervisor override at the register...you need to know the pin as well. not to mention if an override is needed, it alerts the gstl and they come running.

//wayyy off topic.

And the first part of your post is correct. Workbench > Store Performance > Store Reports > Store Fact Sheet. Shows volume and last yearly sales volume, amongst other things.

If you pull the sales reports from Workbench. It will tell you how your store ranks within the company. As well as rankings from individual departments.

Not quite what you was talking about, but it should give you an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back