Archived Unintentional Pay Raise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronics Man

Electronics Team Member
So this is weird, I just got a call from HR today. Apprently for two weeks I've been getting 50 cents more in my pay then I should be.

When I was originally hired on seasonal back in November 2010, my job code was keyed in as Electronics Team Member. Somehow when I got hired on permanently in January 2011, my job code changed to Sales Floor Team Member, though I still worked in Electronics regularly. Last year I did get an 11 cent merit raise.

Now this year my job code is changed back to Electronics Team Member and somehow my pay rate has jumped up by 50 cents for the last two pay periods. HR is trying to reverse the pay raise, but are having issues with corporate. Something about corporate not wanting to change something or other.

HR told me the jump was unintentional and that I could possibly see a smaller check next pay period if corporate decides they want their money back (retro active).

I am confused as all heck. I didn't know about the pay jump till this afternoon, though I did think it was strange that my checks were a little bit bigger than usual.

When I got promoted to senior TPS they gave me the 75 cent raise twice. When I told them about it they let me keep the extra money from that pay check for being honest and then took off the second 75 cents.

If you're working in electronics more than you are hardlines then you should be paid more anyways.

these things are best handled by your HR representative. Any time you have what appears as a payroll mistake, partner with your HR rep for research into the matter. HR partners with payroll to get to the bottom of what might have caused the pay change/mistake

these things are best handled by your HR representative. Any time you have what appears as a payroll mistake, partner with your HR rep for research into the matter. HR partners with payroll to get to the bottom of what might have caused the pay change/mistake

HR actually is the one who discovered it, and like I said they are battling it out with corporate over who knows what.

HR's have supervisors and managers above them to take as partners to research complicated, detailed issues, so this is still only able to be resolved by HR. They will follow up with you once all the parties they need to partner with come up with a resolution to this problem. Sorry there aren't any better answers to this question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back