COVID-19 Vaccine

So yeah, I saw the evolution of the anti-vaxxer movement. It's all about saying kids dying of preventable diseases is far, far better than disabled kids. That includes COVID-19. Kids dying in hospitals on respirators is preferable to being vaccinated according to the movement.
As someone with autism it is literally disgusting how anti-vaxxers feel and how they make others fear vaccinating to keep spreading their b.s.. I've even seen fellow autists spread this misinformation or even spread nonsense about "cures".

And it's grown into this...thing...where even people like my elderly aunt are spreading anti-vaxx rhetoric to others, like my uncle who is now passing on getting the 2nd shingles vaccine and probably the covid one too. Nearly 70 years old, has had all his vaccines till now...but now they're "unsafe poison"...

Vaccinate. Yourselves, your loved ones, don't keep letting misinformation spread. Vaccines are tested fully, they are not full of poison, and they don't cause disabilities. End of story.

Look, I was there when the anti-vaxxer movement was in an embryonic stage. I was there to see the fallout when that doctor lied in order to commit fraud, and instead of scaring people to buy his fake test he instead scared them away from vaccinating. (I don't believe in hell, but I hope there's some punishment for the soul that is long and agonizing for that guy.) I was there when it was 'MMR causes autism'.

So don't play me. The entirety of the anti-vaxxer movement, it is all about vaccines causing developmental disabilities. Nothing else. Doesn't matter what they claim to those outside the conspiracy, that mess is simply throwing on a new dress to hide the old, tired underlying message. The belief is that vaccines cause developmental disabilities and it is far, far better to have a dead child than a disabled child. Yeah, say it again, it's better to let your child die than let your child be disabled. And that's a sick, sick message. To look your child lovingly in the eye and say "I'd rather have you dead than disabled," sorry, that is abusive. How can you justify denying vaccines, knowingly putting your kid at significantly higher risk of dying from preventable diseases, because you believe the alternative is the kid being disabled?

Anti-vaxxers can possibly fool other people. But the parents of young autistic children back in the mid- to late-90s seeing the message get thrown around and firmed out, we know the basic message, the basic belief, and the garbage it was based off of. Some embraced the garbage (because an autistic toddler is not an easy child to raise and some parents had younger sibling babies getting near the MMR schedule. Back then no one knew anything about cause or treatment, so we were all desperate and then some.) some didn't, but we saw it all.

Any parent who is delaying or denying a vaccine for reasons other than a life threatening reaction to a previous vaccine is saying that this child:
View attachment 12142

And this long term risk:

Is a far, far better outcome than having a child like this:
View attachment 12143

(Hint: Google Temple Grandin.)

So yeah, I saw the evolution of the anti-vaxxer movement. It's all about saying kids dying of preventable diseases is far, far better than disabled kids. That includes COVID-19. Kids dying in hospitals on respirators is preferable to being vaccinated according to the movement.
You sure went off the deep end . First of all I’m pro life not pro choice , I’m not anti vaccine otherwise my kid wouldn’t be up to date with his shots . . I would never rather have a dead child over a child with disability. And furthermore the fact of me waiting on certain vaccines for my child is for medical reasons he was born with without even having a shot. Don’t try to say that I’m advocating that vaccines causes disabilities I have never said that but props to you for trying to make it like I did say that .This whole vaccine thread really went to a place that I knew it might go, which initially didn’t even want to post on . Just because we have different opinions doesn’t mean you are right and I’m wrong or vice versa . We do what’s best for ourself and our kids first. And don’t say ain’t true

We do what’s best for ourself and our kids first.
What's best for all kids, everywhere, is to have no "if", no "when", just when the doctor says it's time stick a needle in the kid's arm. Like taking vitamins, except vitamins are less regulated and likely less safe than a vaccine.

I want a live kid, not a kid who's grave I'm visiting because of a preventable disease.

And now, I want a live kid, not a kid who's grave I'm visiting because of fear of a "new" vaccine. Which is identical to the garbage touted when the HPV vaccine came out, and identical to the garbage touted when the chicken pox vaccine came out. "Who knows what it will do??????" is there for every single newly released vaccine, no matter how many years went into researching and testing it. This fear of the unknown has zilch to do with the speed it came out, and everything to do with changing the determination of harmless disease/bad disease and the soul searching of why what was acceptable for the adults when they were young is now bad.

What's best for all kids, everywhere, is to have no "if", no "when", just when the doctor says it's time stick a needle in the kid's arm. Like taking vitamins, except vitamins are less regulated and likely less safe than a vaccine.
Hear me out Tessa because I’m not against you or anti vaccine . Like I said my child has all the shots up to date I never went to the pediatrician and told him to wait or that I’m oppose to any vaccine . My child has many medical problems and the doctor was the one recommending what was best for my child at that time and when the time came my child got the vaccines that was needed . One vaccine that can not do anymore was the simple flu shot that ended my child on respirator . So please don’t judge me because I’m trying to do what’s best for my child first just like you want a live child , I want my child to live as well. Please let’s not try to prove each other who’s right and wrong . I’m not saying to people don’t take the vaccine all I’m saying is that I have to wait it out and weight in the pros and cons that will be the best decision for me and my child with the recommendation of the doctor .

So much time has passed, we haven't heard anything yet. I know that some people I know have bought the vaccine themselves twice, but no one at the company says anything. I don't think it's time yet.

Our HR handed out sign up sheets last week. Once we filled it out we got an email from a local hospital that's doing vaccines in order to set up an appointment. I get my first dose Thursday!

Weird thing is, we have a CVS in our store but I guess they haven't gotten doses yet. It's really a state by state and store by store issue, which means no one really knows what's going on...

Our HR handed out sign up sheets last week. Once we filled it out we got an email from a local hospital that's doing vaccines in order to set up an appointment. I get my first dose Thursday!

Weird thing is, we have a CVS in our store but I guess they haven't gotten doses yet. It's really a state by state and store by store issue, which means no one really knows what's going on...

looks like the majority of instore cvs locations are offering j&j which has had some supply chain issues but they're expecting heavy volume over the next few weeks (10m doses nationally)

If you are unable to catch it and unable to give it to others, makes sense to have a mask break. Makes sense to ditch the mask. If people are to live as is immunity isn't possible, then why did we even bother to develop a vaccine?
it hasnt been until the last few days that we've started to get conclusive evidence as to how the mrna vaccines affect transmission rather than just susceptibility. good news is that the mrna vaccines (pfizer, moderna) do significantly restrict transmission. jury's still out on johnson & johnson, not enough data there yet.

should still stay masked up though just to set the example for non-vaccinated folks and also so we don't go down the rabbit hole trap of people claiming they're vaxed when they aren't and then being transmission vectors to other unvaccinated folks etc...

Our state is lifting the mask mandate soon. However SD said Target Corp policy of in-store masks will still be followed. Should be a real fun time enforcing this! 😐
The mask mandate going away here didn't noticeably change the number of people not wearing a mask at my store. The people who don't wear masks don't really care about the mandates anyway.

Our state is lifting the mask mandate soon. However SD said Target Corp policy of in-store masks will still be followed. Should be a real fun time enforcing this! 😐
Our state lifted the mask mandate but LOTS of businesses are still demanding masks.

Imma be wearing a mask for a long time, mandates or no.
Oh I agree, as long as like 60k daily cases and a large portion of the population is unvaccinated, I’ll wear a mask in public.

But if I’m vaccinated and working in my section after closing and the nearest person is 100 feet away, the risk is incredibly low.

If you are unable to catch it and unable to give it to others, makes sense to have a mask break. Makes sense to ditch the mask. If people are to live as is immunity isn't possible, then why did we even bother to develop a vaccine?

You can still get sick and pass it on, you being vaccinated just means like the flu shot you won't get as sick or sick at all.. Doesn't mean you can't pass it along. This ain't chicken pox or measles. Also it is morphing you have different versions now from the UK, Brazil(I think) those they think are covered by the current vaccine but they don't want your ass taking chances. Mask up.. I have my first one, my husband hasn't been eligible at all until later next month so I am taking no chances until we get deep into people being fully vaccinated and cases start going down which they are not at the moment.

it hasnt been until the last few days that we've started to get conclusive evidence as to how the mrna vaccines affect transmission rather than just susceptibility. good news is that the mrna vaccines (pfizer, moderna) do significantly restrict transmission. jury's still out on johnson & johnson, not enough data there yet.

should still stay masked up though just to set the example for non-vaccinated folks and also so we don't go down the rabbit hole trap of people claiming they're vaxed when they aren't and then being transmission vectors to other unvaccinated folks etc...
That's like saying you need to worry about your vaccinated child catching measles from the vaccinated child sitting next to them in class. Or that we should still be getting small pox vaccines.

Vaccines have one purpose - stop a virus dead in its tracks. If you can't catch it, if the immune system is on hunt and destroy the second it enters, you can't give it. Just like you can't give measles if you can't get measles.

This smacks of what they've been doing all along - "we aren't suuuuuuuure because we don't have years and years of studies." How long did it take just for the researchers to say Lysol works? How many times have they said "We don't know about this but viruses like this do..." even though if the big bad virus didn't do that it's be some weird mutant alien strain. Same thing "we aren't suuuuuuuuure because the vaccine is sooooooooo new." Maybe someone ought to have the balls to say "Yeah, this is how it is, just like all other snips of RNA that we have seen, and this thing works, just like it does on other snips of RNA."

Science either needs to stay out of it or go all in. (I hope they go all in.) This halfway point is so vague it's meaningless. How can you trust something is backed by science when the scientists don't seem to trust themselves? Maybe they need to have a spine transplant because they aren't trusting the entire history of viral research, and that's what they are transmitting to lay people.

This ain't chicken pox or measles.
Why? Both of those are deadly diseases and they are bits of RNA. The way measles infects the body is crazy scary, as if it's spent the entirety of existence trying to become the perfect human kill organism.

And there's other coronaviruses. Four of them nearly everyone gets with mild symptoms.

This is a virus. Yes, it's scary right now. But we've got to keep a perspective, two years ago there were 50 million things trying to kill us off and now there's 50 million and 1. Take precautions to avoid it, accept that viral vaccines work alike because viruses operate under the same premise (turn certain types of cells into virus factories, hide from the immune system, rinse and repeat, until the immune system can recognize the virus), and keep your eyes open for the other 50 million things and avoid them too. Don't think this one virus is completely unlike anything on the planet, because it's not, there are plenty of similar viruses out there, which means we'll either beat it into submission or come to a point of coexistence, just like we do with other viruses.

You can still get sick and pass it on, you being vaccinated just means like the flu shot you won't get as sick or sick at all.. Doesn't mean you can't pass it along. This ain't chicken pox or measles. Also it is morphing you have different versions now from the UK, Brazil(I think) those they think are covered by the current vaccine but they don't want your ass taking chances. Mask up.. I have my first one, my husband hasn't been eligible at all until later next month so I am taking no chances until we get deep into people being fully vaccinated and cases start going down which they are not at the moment.

Back