COVID-19 Vaccine

In our area, volunteers (vaccine angels) created a website to help you get an appt.
At the home page you fill in your basic info (name, addy, contact info, DOB) as well as times you are NOT available & what areas you'd be willing to travel to for your vaccine.
Within a day, they'll email or text you with your appt date/time & location along with the vaccine manf being offered.
If it's with a pharmacy or clinic, they'll also schedule your second appt after you've received the first dose.

Excited to be getting my first dose this week. In PA grocery workers are now eligible. However, my HR confirmed that Target isn’t technically included. It says that “This does not include Supercenters or retailers that sell some food products” He agreed though that since I work in Market and am the dairy DBO it really makes sense for me to get it.

Excited to be getting my first dose this week. In PA grocery workers are now eligible. However, my HR confirmed that Target isn’t technically included. It says that “This does not include Supercenters or retailers that sell some food products” He agreed though that since I work in Market and am the dairy DBO it really makes sense for me to get it.
Target has a larger food section than some grocery stores I’ve been to lol

Last edited:
I can't find a place with the vaccine available, except the health department, which told me when to show up rather than give me a list of openings. Guess they think employers would love to have their employees playing hooky rather than at work, working.

Thank you. I used that site about two weeks ago though, and every place it said had it ended up being out of stock whenever I tried to make an appointment.

“This does not include Supercenters or retailers that sell some food products”

That makes no fucking sense. Places that sell groceries + other things are just as likely, if not more likely, to get higher traffic because people can go to one store instead of many. And...they're still essential retail that hasn't closed, so do they think having "Super" in the name somehow makes employees immune to the virus?

Guess they think employers would love to have their employees playing hooky rather than at work, working.

Getting the vaccine isn't playing hooky. Most employers want you to get vaccinated and are ok with it happening on company time. Especially in this situation, where you don't really have a choice of times.

Anything else medical, like needing a tetanus shot because you managed to cut your hand on something rusty at work, or a nice contagious case of strep throat, employers say do it on your own time. Society may have shifted a little, but employers have adjusted only by force of law and are chomping at the bit to go back to business as usual. The job rate the way it is, this is an employer's market, they are going to be just like the old days, or worse, because it's far easier to replace you these days. Do it on your own time, don't bother to ask, this is no different than any other medical need someone has.

If anyone thinks that this has caused a major shift in values, I envy your naivety. It will for the individual (though as time passes memories will dim so reason will dim) but not at all for the employer.

Long story short, I have to find a place that has evening or Saturday hours. And I'm a bit envious because I'm the only one at work that hasn't found an evening/Saturday place.

I was given both times. Had no problem with that. We have told team members to take what they can get. We will figure it out. That is why we get 2 hours of pay per shot.

Do we have to wait till we are fully vaccinated to get that?

My HR ETL said we can only get the 2 hours of pay per shot if we actually have to miss time from work. Has anyone else heard this?

Anything else medical, like needing a tetanus shot because you managed to cut your hand on something rusty at work, or a nice contagious case of strep throat, employers say do it on your own time. Society may have shifted a little, but employers have adjusted only by force of law and are chomping at the bit to go back to business as usual. The job rate the way it is, this is an employer's market, they are going to be just like the old days, or worse, because it's far easier to replace you these days. Do it on your own time, don't bother to ask, this is no different than any other medical need someone has.

If anyone thinks that this has caused a major shift in values, I envy your naivety. It will for the individual (though as time passes memories will dim so reason will dim) but not at all for the employer.

Long story short, I have to find a place that has evening or Saturday hours. And I'm a bit envious because I'm the only one at work that hasn't found an evening/Saturday place.
If I cut my hand or have strep throat I'm going to get checked out whether I'm scheduled to work or not. I'm not really sure what you mean by doing it on your own time. That's what sick pay is for.

No, you should get paid either way. Both of my doses were scheduled during off days. Showed them my vaccine card for each dose, they wrote it down and I got paid for them.
Got it. So I don't know how to deal with this then, I don't want to argue with my ETL HR. But she has it wrong here. Maybe I can somehow pull up the policy and ask her to double check or something.

Got it. So I don't know how to deal with this then, I don't want to argue with my ETL HR. But she has it wrong here. Maybe I can somehow pull up the policy and ask her to double check or something.
It should be on the coronavirus hub on the front page of workbench. If your HR ETL doesn't understand they can call their HRBP or probably HROC. You can also call and explain that your HR ETL is misinformed (respectfully of course)

Thank you. I used that site about two weeks ago though, and every place it said had it ended up being out of stock whenever I tried to make an appointment.

The website updates every few minutes. I watched it for most of an entire day before an appointment finally popped up that I could schedule. I also found it helpful to have accounts already set up at all of the possible pharmacies to save time when trying to schedule.

My HR ETL said we can only get the 2 hours of pay per shot if we actually have to miss time from work. Has anyone else heard this?

My HR also told me this when I asked about it last weekend. She told me I could only use the time if it was during time I’m normally scheduled and she confirmed the dates/times when I gave her my card. Luckily both my appointments were on Saturdays and I only work weekends.

Got my first 3/2 and second 3/30. Our state started 1b on 3/1 which included convenience store employees and grocery store workers. Target, Walmart, dc workers all became eligible. I think they just opened it up for everyone today.

If your looking for an appointment you need to check multiple avenues.

The state run site doesn't always list openings. The state run big sites in my area required you to go to the county website and get on a waiting list then they email you a link to schedule.

You have to check each drug stores website everyday. They seem to update early am and fill fast.

Check your local news sites. They tell you about pop up clinics. I just happened to see a local urgent care was offering appointments and I was able to get a vaccine on the first day I looked.

CVS seems to have the most success with finding appointments. I just went on their website now and found tons of appointments at three locations within 10 miles, all for this Saturday. Give them a shot (no pun intended).

Also, around midnight seems like the best time to check.

CVS seems to have the most success with finding appointments. I just went on their website now and found tons of appointments at three locations within 10 miles, all for this Saturday. Give them a shot (no pun intended).

Also, around midnight seems like the best time to check.
A couple weeks ago CVS had quite a few appointments available but I was set on getting the J&J so I waited - now I've decided I want the two-shot, but Connecticut opened it up to everyone 16 and older so no appointments to be had, grrr.

Back