Archived Wage issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catfish Rita

Did I close the defect carts?
Helllooooo! Me haz concern.

I was promoted to GSA a couple weeks ago, and my training started earlier this week. Last week, for one closing shift, I was the GSA, even though I hadn't had my training yet. My STL was OK with this, and the ETL-GE was closing that night, so they knew how everything went down and they both told me to call for help if I needed it. I just looked at my paycheck and it appears as though I was still being paid my hourly rate of 9.00 as a cashier, and not 9.50 for being a GSA that night.

I understand that .50 more an hour isn't a lot for one whole shift, but its still money I figure I've earned, and Spot certainly isn't worthy enough in my book to have that extra couple dollars. I'm also thinking that since I had only one GSA shift with four Cashier shifts that week, I wouldn't get a pay increase since I wasn't in that position for more than 50% of the time.

Let me know what you all think, management at my store is very bad about these things :-(

Best,
CR

Last edited:
I'm also thinking that since I had only one GSA shift with four Cashier shifts that week, I wouldn't get a pay increase since I wasn't in that position for more than 50% of the time.
You are right in that. Your hourly pay is based your primary workcenter. Until you actually do have more hours as a GSA than a cashier, your primary workcenter will not change and neither will your pay rate.

You are right in that. Your hourly pay is based your primary workcenter. Until you actually do have more hours as a GSA than a cashier, your primary workcenter will not change and neither will your pay rate.

OK, that makes sense. Eh, I thought I'd get that pay since I just was in a role of higher pay that night. No biggie since it looks like I'm just not eligible for it.

Also, I'm convinced ETL-HR thinks I'm 5, since that's how they talk to me, and I figured people would talk normally here.

Yeah, on your official start date you should start to receive that increase. However they have to key you as a GSA for that increase to be in effect also. When you're able to do overrides and things that's how you'll know you're keyed.

Yeah, on your official start date you should start to receive that increase. However they have to key you as a GSA for that increase to be in effect also. When you're able to do overrides and things that's how you'll know you're keyed.

Hmmmmm... yeah I can override things on the registers. But I'm in training this week so I could see how an increase wouldn't be plausible.

Wow.. 9 bucks to be a GSA??? IDK how Target gets away with it.
You are getting SO ripped off I suggest you immediately start looking elsewhere.

Once you've completed your training & they have keyed your workstation as GSA, you should start seeing a pay bump.
Just because you were working in that capacity that night doesn't mean they'll grandfather it in.
Many folks on here can also tell you that when you're split between workstations you don't get the higher pay unless you're scheduled/working in the higher paygrade more than 50% of your hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back